Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-03-20, 05:31 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

November Month of Challenges

Everywhere I look - there's a new challenge I want to do. ROWvember is one (Dark Horse Rowing). I found that one, signed up (at least to get the workouts). I like "Work alongs" like videos or you tube. This is only on paper, so I don't have high hopes of actually doing it. I am interested in seeing what he is offering. I just have not been good with paper workouts.

Then there's the PZ challenge (that you all know I said I am going to do). That starts next Monday.

Then my coach wants me to start incorporating "rest" days. Well, not for 59 more days MR. Coach! I do think I take some slow days though. Meditation days and then some of my Power Zone rides are fairly easy-ish. I know there were more challenges, but anyway ....

Pam:
I see you have pre-holiday challenge in your check in (there's another one!) I guess we all need reasons to stay motivated under normal holiday times, let alone Covid/election holiday times. It's a weird world right now.

Helen:
Oh ... it's now Wed. there, where are you?? Trying to give you your motivation. Need to hear from you. Check in please.

Waves to Lili & Kay! and all those lurking.

On to my favorite subject: me, me and all me:

11/2/2020: Becs Gentry's NYC marathon simulation. 60 mins. A nice long endurance run. She takes us through the 5 boros and chats about the marathon. It was a good workout and I'll most likely run with her again on this to get my long run in. Not as long as I would have liked it (can we say time restraints?) But then again, last week I did a 7 miler in addition to my long run ... so it wasn't that long ago. I will be fine. I did 6 miles. 1 of which was my cool down.

That's about it here.

Off to figure out a workout. Probably nothing to difficult. I am a little weary! (and now - this is not a good thing --- Coach says to take rest days. He suggested yoga. :: insert vomit face :: Sorry - no disrespect to those who like/do yoga. I don't/can't. Don't move that way, don't like it. I have tried and tried and tried over the years. I do, however, enjoy a good stretch that incorporates some basic yoga moves. That i can learn to live with! Tricking my brain here.)

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 06:34 AM  
Helen

Hi Cleda!
I'm here but not quite Wednesday, but Tuesday ~10:30pm.
Had a busy work morning today, so no time to pop in.

Business:
Mon., 2nd Nov.
Les Mills Body Pump 55, yes did it.
Tue., 3rd Nov.
60min dog walk
as soon as I came home from work but then got sucked into my computer (buddy dipped out on me due to DOMS from last night).

I'll be able to listen to election coverage tomorrow from 10:30am (6:30pm US EST) as able to from then onwards (off class or out with walkers & headphones will be ok).

Have a great Election Day everyone!!

ETA Good morning - it's Wednesday 8:15am for me, and it's a lovely morning out!!
today will be school walking at a minimum.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 10:05 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Nov 3:
Today’s meager offerings....
~Cardio: 20 min very gentle rebounding & 20 min gliding - rainy day, no outdoor walk
~Steps:7,6665

Back to PT for more needling, not as ouchy this time. He gave me the go ahead to do some weights & KBs, starting slowly after I give today’s treatment a couple of days to settle in. I never lift heavy at the best of times, lol! The hip/low back do feel better thankfully!

I watched segments of the Prechoreographed Essentrics workout I’ll be teaching on Thursday. I’ve only taught it a couple of times and it’s funny with these prechos, you can get segments mixed up between them if you teach several different ones. I am starting to add more and more of my own variations as I head towards level 4 certification.

Cleda - I had to chuckle at your “:: insert vomit face ::” about yoga!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 05:00 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quickly ...

Very Quickly ...

Helen: I give up on trying to figure out the time difference. I know! You've told me 100x. I could google. I just know - you're ahead of us. I'll leave it at that.

Pam: I didn't want to insult you. I love reading your check ins but they are soooo opposite mine. (One reason I love VF). and love reading your check ins. Gentle days are great and so needed some times. And you remind me to rebound. (not that I'll get to it today!)

Waves to Lili, Kay and all that are lurking.

Me, me and all me.

11/3/2020: 15 minutes rowing
(Dark horse) and then I played my video game for 30 minutes before work. Meditation before bed.

That's it ... go figure !!! Coach said rest/easy day! I took it. Now I'm back at it. time's a wasting.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 11-04-20, 03:07 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Need to catch up! We've been monitoring election results since last night. We drove past Biden's headquarters last night and saw all the lights and a giant flag. It was pretty impressive.

11/2 - Keli Robert's Booty Beautiful. This used gliding discs and a body bar and parts of it were really tough (at least for my fitness level).
11/3 - functional fitness day: walked to my poling place and back, raked leaves, short dog walk and played with the grandkids. We kept them overnight and by the time we dropped them off we were exhausted! I finished the day with 12,274 steps.

Not sure what to do today. I really need a plan.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 04:40 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
Rough (and easy) time difference is 12 hours: check my time stamp for this post - it's 8:40 Thursday morning.
So that's 3 hrs out, but 12 is good enough - it's far from a real-time exchange!
Oh we know you well enough to know you're honest about yoga, and would never intend to offend.

LILI
Gliding discs! They are SO effective at working muscle but any I've tried don't work on puzzle mats, BUT a pure silk rug that's about the size of a yoga mat (easy to move up to the gym as needed), only discovered last week - SMOOOOOOTH!!! It's a DREAM for sliders!!! Yeah, it's pure silk, but very old, very faded, .... not precious at all.

Functional fitness with your grandchildren is a HUGE PART OF THE POINT!! I'm smiling, that you CAN.

PAM
Will have to get back for you - I'm at work for morning checking, but on 15min before class & time is tight to get a specific thing done. Again - NO OFFENCE... I have a big gap in the middle of the day - I'll be back then.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-04-20, 11:40 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Nov 4:
~20 min gliding
~WOW: 30 min Bon Jovi walk
~Essentrics workout - practice for tomorrow’s class
~Steps: 7838

A bit sore from yesterday’s needling so keeping it gentle.

Cleda - I am not at all offended, lol. Yes we are opposites as I am definitely not a fan of cycling!

Helen - Never any obligation to do personals!

Lili - Grandkids are wonderful, but yes they can be exhausting!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 01:36 AM  
Helen

PAM
Ah, you got in before I could get back! It's home-time after work now.
Hellish day at work as it POURED down most of the day, you know when you get those stupid kids who turn up to class sopping & all their books are wet... yeah, one of those days.

Hope the needling is effective for you, and not just a psychological phenomena, like homeopathy is.

Wed., 4th Nov.
90min school walk, so quite brisk
Thu., 5th Nov.
47min, Cathe - Kick Max - Low Impact Timesaver Mix

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-05-20, 05:22 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Nov 4:

Cleda - I am not at all offended, lol. Yes we are opposites as I am definitely not a fan of cycling!
SAY WHAT ???????

How on earth can ANYONE not be a fan of cycling!

tee-hee ..... Variety - makes the world go round. I am so grateful to have it. And that we can all joke and have fun and accountability in these terrible, uncertain, weird times.

Thank you VF!!!!
Cleda
Old 11-05-20, 08:31 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

It is wonderful that we have so many options available to us! I remember when VF was new and our options were definitely limited to the market. We are fortunate to have so many options and VF as a place where people talk about them and enable us!

Helen - sorry about the soggy weather and soggy kids! I am not a fan of teenagers in general. My oldest was the most difficult child and obnoxious teenager. She did turn into a lovely young lady, mother and now she's about to turn 40!
Cleda - I'm not a yoga fan, either. I like how I feel afterwards, but it takes a lot to talk myself into doing it. I particularly don't like Sun Salutations, so if a workout starts with that, I'm outta there!
Pam - I admire the fact that you do so much yoga and I imagine you as being very calm and centered because of it.

11/4 - dog walk and YouTube
Body Project Low Impact Cardio.
Beginner's Rebounding with Earth & Owl. I like that she gave options for 3 different versions of each move.

I still need a plan!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote