Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-05-20, 08:29 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Well I heard back from Dark Horse Rowing this morning, which I appreciate. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be helpful. He gave me a list of 5 apps and the only one that appeared it might help is apparently only for Apple devices so I'm still left trying to guess everything on my own. I'll keep trying but I have a feeling I won't stick with it for the month. It's too much mental work. But I'll see what I can do; even if I just do one of his YT videos every day or even row on my own I should see some benefit and be actually using my equipment. I told hubby last night if he ever sees of anyone at work getting rid of a flywheel or water rower to let me know. I told him the price range on them and his jaw dropped. I was like yeah, so I'll never have one unless I can find one used that someone is just really motivated to get rid of!
Sounds like drudgery. I would ditch it and find something that makes you happy and feels good.
Old 11-05-20, 09:33 AM  
Vantreesta

Buff, I am definitely debating! I like using the rower, but trying to figure out what to do with each workout is maybe more than I want to do. Today's is timed intervals at different stroke rates. I am seriously not counting strokes for 15 minutes. So I suspect I will just be doing his YT videos instead of the challenge workouts.

I keep meaning to ask you if you've ever tried Vanicream for your eczema. When I had the steroid cream prescription it might have been healing but it was definitely not touching the itching and the pharmacist recommended Vanicream. Ahh, what a relief! Now if my skin is really itchy I use Aveeno Eczema Therapy moisturizing cream. Mine doesn't get as bad as yours though. I hope it's feeling more under control now for you.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 11:50 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
I keep meaning to ask you if you've ever tried Vanicream for your eczema. When I had the steroid cream prescription it might have been healing but it was definitely not touching the itching and the pharmacist recommended Vanicream. Ahh, what a relief! Now if my skin is really itchy I use Aveeno Eczema Therapy moisturizing cream. Mine doesn't get as bad as yours though. I hope it's feeling more under control now for you.
Aveeno is definitely the bomb but sticky since it locks in the moisture. I have some others that aren't as thick for when it's not as bad. I haven't heard of Vanicream but am looking into it now! Thank you. Give me an idea of how it compares to the Aveeno. Do I need both? I have 2 different steroid creams, an herbal salve also. The derm gave me a vat of steroid cream (triamcinolone) and it does help. Knowing now that the itch precedes the rash I am treating that quicker.
Old 11-05-20, 12:19 PM  
Vantreesta

Buff, I haven't used the Vanicream in quite a while, and I hadn't tried the Aveeno at the time I was using the Vanicream so it's hard to say. I have a little Vanicream left. I'll try it and then later try the Aveeno to compare how they feel. I won't be able to compare effectiveness on the itching though. I'll post back later.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-05-20, 02:21 PM  
Vantreesta

Reporting back, buff. I felt like the Vanicream soaked in more quickly so less feeling like I had anything on my hands.

Old 11-06-20, 08:16 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Reporting back, buff. I felt like the Vanicream soaked in more quickly so less feeling like I had anything on my hands.
Great thanks Vannie. Someone at work mentioned acutimol? I'm trying to figure out what that is too if you've heard of it. It's non-prescription also.
Old 11-06-20, 08:36 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Great thanks Vannie. Someone at work mentioned acutimol? I'm trying to figure out what that is too if you've heard of it. It's non-prescription also.
I've never heard of that one, buff. Sorry!

Old 11-07-20, 02:28 AM  
Vantreesta

Helen, did your DVDs arrive yet?

Old 11-07-20, 05:20 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Helen, did your DVDs arrive yet?
no
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 09:23 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
I've never heard of that one, buff. Sorry!
Thanks anyway.