Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-20, 10:23 AM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

I have always loved Jessica Smith's workouts and still go back to YouTube to do her older stuff.

But I'm kind of at the point where "I'll believe it when I see it" when it comes to her putting out new stuff.

Personally, vague updates are "nice" but now I'm ready for concrete evidence!

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 01:15 PM  
kat999

On the "vaguebooking" in general, not just Jessica's, I am a writer and sometimes I'm just sooooo super duper excited about a contract that I have to say SOMETHING, kind of to bring some positivity to Facebook, yet my contract is not signed and a done deal yet, so I can't actually talk about it legally. That wouldn't really be the case for Jessica if she's in the editing stages, but maybe she's being vague in the off chance that there's some horrible problem with the material and she's not able to release it.
Old 10-24-20, 01:37 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
On the "vaguebooking" in general, not just Jessica's, I am a writer and sometimes I'm just sooooo super duper excited about a contract that I have to say SOMETHING, kind of to bring some positivity to Facebook, yet my contract is not signed and a done deal yet, so I can't actually talk about it legally. That wouldn't really be the case for Jessica if she's in the editing stages, but maybe she's being vague in the off chance that there's some horrible problem with the material and she's not able to release it.
True. Even though it's in a final stage, you never know if the company doing the editing will have a problem and it gets delayed, etc. so maybe she's just being cautious.
Old 10-24-20, 11:33 PM  
bjones

Maybe her grammar is incorrect here, but "these new series" plural and "share them all" sound to me like there will be multiple videos in series such as a cardio series, a weights series, a yoga series, etc. Rather than a comprehensive WS 4 type thing.
Her baby was born 2 years ago so she could look very different by now!
Anyway, at least this is somewhat of a concrete update of an actual product that may be available by Christmas instead of the "we're so excited to be working on....."
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 09:06 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones View Post
Maybe her grammar is incorrect here, but "these new series" plural and "share them all" sound to me like there will be multiple videos in series such as a cardio series, a weights series, a yoga series, etc. Rather than a comprehensive WS 4 type thing.
Her baby was born 2 years ago so she could look very different by now!
Anyway, at least this is somewhat of a concrete update of an actual product that may be available by Christmas instead of the "we're so excited to be working on....."
That's what I thought, that at least they are in the editing phase. I was trying to remember what she actually said about previous releases in emails. I don't think she described them in detail until after the release. Maybe we are just noticing it more this time because of the delay, a combination of having a baby followed by a worldwide pandemic. Not something that happens every day. OTH, my memory is not the best, especially lately.
Old 10-25-20, 09:40 PM  
MoFirmer

She never has given exact dates or descriptions in her offerings before. Personally I'm glad for it. She knows there may be glitches found in the editing or the processing general. And as for the delay in filming etc. I am glad she took time off with her baby. She and her little one deserve that time. It's a busy time for a new mum.

I know she said in a past email she had been researching and frankly I like that someone is putting that kind of thought into the process of making new workouts. She may have been putting her new "finds" to the test on herself.

I am super excited about these! And glad she's still delivering dvds. Not many instructors are doing that!
Old 10-25-20, 11:59 PM  
bjones

Yes, I now recall she doesn't give details in advance of her products like Cathe does, nor does she take preorders. They just drop on Amazon all of a sudden. And sell out immediately and get backordered!!! I think there's a ton of pent up demand for some new Jessica videos.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 07:59 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

This is my recollection as well - no details until it's practically release day. I'm looking forward to see what she's come up with and am hoping that her mom is in them as well.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 12:28 PM  
Leonana

I'm glad to know my memory is better than I thought, lol.
Old 11-23-20, 04:18 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Have there been any recent - vague or otherwise - updates from Jessica regarding her upcoming release(s)?

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith streaming, jessica smith stretching, jessica smith workouts, lift and shift, new releases, upcoming releases