Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-09-20, 07:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I was gearing up to do a Jessica Valent workout but the one I had in mind had a lot of squats and lunges which did not appeal to me! So I did:

CocoLime Fitness - 35 Min Total Body Workout - this is all body weight - she does 40 seconds on/20 seconds off - 3 'circuits' - two of them are all floor work. It was a good one for today - still feeling a tad achey and while working out I started to feel a little sick, too, but not sure what is up with that. Not COVID sick, but just off, if you know what i mean? Anyway, I'm glad I ended up buying her MITFit (Medium Intensity Fitness???) program back when she had it on sale. There are now 18 workouts included (she added 5 new ones recently). Some are short only 10 minutes and I don't love her cardio, but the toning workouts and stretching and a select few of the cardio workouts are good for me when I'm feeling a bit off. There is a 90 day rotation that is included, bu i'm not sure I could do these for 90 days straight, although it would be an interesting experiment. I would have to sub out some of the cardio - she does a lot of hip hop dance, and that isn't my thing.

Oh - I started my morning off w/ Yoga w/ Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement Day 7

Last night DD and I took our Golden out for walk - we have two dogs, a Golden (Summer) and a Lab (Bailey) and Bailey is getting too old for the long walks - she has quite a bit of arthritis and joint damage (she was a rescue and has chronic Lyme disease). So, we sort of have to sneak out of the house w/out Bailey finding out.

Summer Breeze - good luck w/ your crown and I hope you enjoy your lunch date!

Gypsy Rose - wow, I consider 90 to be hot, but I guess it is all relative.

Pat - I so miss the beach, it is funny - but I grew up on LI and always took access to the beach for granted. I haven't lived near a beach in forever but I still miss the ability to pop over to the beach - now it is an undertaking to go and my DH does not like the beach at all - he is a mountain and lake guy. And, while I like the mountains and lakes, there is just something special about the beach and the water and the waves...

Speaking of which, waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 07:10 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Upper body from Getting Better. She really fries the pecs, triceps, biceps and delts. I didn't do her back work and subbed in variations of supermans.
This is one of my favorite upper body workouts from Margaret.

Walked abound Costco and will do some house walking in a few minutes.

Donna- do you think your body needs a fun break? Something playful? Take care of yourself!

Summer Breeze- Lunch with friends sounds lovely. Hope your crown was a success.

Waves to Pat!
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 08:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

CocoLime - Cardio Walk - this was pretty meh. I am not a big fan of her cardio workouts, so no real surprise that I didn't like this one all that much. But, I gave it a go and it was a good warm-up this morning.

Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility- this was a good routine. Jessica is a PT and her expertise shines through in her workouts - this is a routine I should incorporate at least a few times a week to work on hip and lower back tightness.

Gypsy Rose - yes, I think I'm in a bit of a funk - both personally and workout wise. I'm in limbo about something at work - and it is making it hard to focus and be productive which then makes me feel bad about myself which then makes it hard to focus and be productive. I keep telling myself I have to suck it up and continue to move forward until I have an answer as to whether or not the thing I want to happen is going to happen...ugh. And, this week, feeling like I'm on the verge of injury doesn't make working out fun and that is normally my stress relief. And, it has been very cloudy and overcast and that tends to bring me down in energy, too.

Next week I think I'm going to do some cardio workouts plus Robin Long's (Balanced Life) 5 day Pilates challenge and Emma's (ePilates) 5 day barre challenge. I think that will be a fun diversion. I have worked out w/ Robin before but not w/ Emma and I think for cardio I'm leaning towards Gina B, b/c she is a lot of fun. She has some nice 20-ish minute workouts on her You Tube channel - which I generally prefer to her DVD workouts.

Waves, Summer Breeze and Pat!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
Old 09-10-20, 08:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I had a couple of slumpy days but did walk - Tuesday I had a 23 minute lunch walk, and last night I walked around the neighborhood for 24 minutes. I have some Margaret on tap for tonight.

I'll check in tomorrow morning - everyone make it a great day!!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 08:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I walked to the restaurant and back so it was 55 minutes total. I thought that would be a good way to get my walking in. The lunch was a lot of fun. He did the prep work for the crown but won't put it in for 2 weeks. He usually does it all in one day but hopefully the hard part is over. Today looks to be a washout so maybe I'll get some MR done.

ROSE, nice workout. I keep forgetting to look around for MR's Getting Better on ebay or something.

DONNA, still keeping a nice variety of workouts going. I signed up for the Trifecta Pilates challenge that starts on the 12th. Now to see if I actually follow it.

PAT, maybe we'll both get to MR today.

Have a great day!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 05:41 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Got out the Wii today. Haven't done it in years. DH & I laughed at our old Mii's, as he was blonde and I was brunette. Now we are both grey!

We played bowling several times and I got my best score ever. Then I did the Wii fitness test where I had to golf and play tennis which had me work up quite a sweat. I thought I did pretty well until my Wii fitness age came up 16 years higher than my actual age

After that I did Margaret Richard's Getting Better Lower Body, shortening the hamstring work and substituting squats for the quad work as what her exercise hurts my hip flexors.

Donna- It seems like there is a lot on your plate. You found some quick, fun workouts that will help with the stress and no injury. Here's hoping for some positive resolution at work.

Pat Enjoy your walks!

Summer Breeze- Getting Better is a good one but it's gotten pretty pricey on ebay.

Have a good evening!
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Classical Stretch 1223 - I think that was the episode. It was on Disc 4 and was all standing, I picked it b/c I had Disc 4 out and I wanted an all standing workout! LOL!

Jessica Valent - Weights on the Mat - what is sounds like - floor work for upper and lower body!

Jessica Valent - 5 min inner thigh - also what is sounds like!

Jessica Valent - Neck Stretches - from You Tube - my neck has been feeling stiff this week!

Yesterday mid-day I did a Lucy Wyndham Read circuit workout to try to get some energy flowing. I like the simplicity of throwing her stuff in mid-day sometimes.

-----

GypsyRose - sounds like a fun time w/ the wii!!! I hope to hear something positive about work soon - it is hard being in limbo.

Summer Breeze - glad you got a walk in w/ your lunch date! I am planning to start the Pilates challenges, but who knows, LOL! I was considering doing a focus on Classical Stretch for a bit....I did the health challenge in January and felt really good. I mixed it up with Jessica Valent's Pilates workouts and some cardio.

Waves, Pat!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-11-20, 08:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies. Yesterday featured:

~ Finished off the Unplugged 1900 series with 1926, chest, biceps, deltoids and inner thighs.
~ 50 butt bridges and 25 ballerina crisscross with the hip circle
~ Energy warm ups and Bye Bye Back Pain from RaviAna House Calls.

Donna that's kind of scary about your starting to feel sick during your workout. Are you feeling better now? It sounds like you have a lot going on but you're still getting some great workouts in.

Rose that WII age detector has to be defective! No way are you 15 years older fitness wise. Was that the quad exercise where you are leaning on your back and raising your leg umpteen thousand times? I lay all the way on the mat now and support my hips on my hands but sometimes just do plies because of the hip flexor issue, too.

Summer I hope your crown fits well.

TGIF and have a wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 07:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Classical Stretch 1229 - Body Shaping - it was all standing, which is why I picked the episode, those are my favorite.

Trifecta Pilates - Challenge Day # 1 - 30 min of matwork w/ a circular band. I enjoyed this routine. The workouts I most enjoy from Beth are 30 minutes w/ "toys"/props. I feel that when she does shorter workouts they are rushed and the longer ones - well, I lose my focus.

I haven't been in the mood for cardio lately - but maybe DD and i will walk later.

Pat - I did end up feeling better as the day went on, not sure why I felt sick....weird.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Donna
Old 09-12-20, 07:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just walking for me the past couple of days.
I need to do my walk very soon because I'm getting my hair colored and a blow out later this morning and I don't want to "ruin" it afterwards by sweating.

DONNA, I'm glad you liked the first Trifecta pilates workout. I have to remember to try it later.

ROSE, the wii workouts sound fun. Yeah I'm sure Getting Better will be hard to find for a reasonable price.

PAT, nice workouts.

Have a great weekend!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad