Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-09-20, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

No workout to report - my doggie woke me up at 3:00 a.m. and I couldn't get back to sleep and then I couldn't get up, LOL!

Maybe tonight I will get something in.

It is sunny today - but cold - but I will still get out to walk.

I really can't decide what I want to focus on - I was giving CocoLime another thought as a way of building up to doing more intense workouts again (someday)!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-20, 09:42 PM  
Leonana

I skipped Tai Chi yesterday. I felt well enough today to go to my volunteer filing. I was low on energy though, so only did an hour. I skipped a workout for today. I think tomorrow I'll do Jessica's Under the Weather Workout.

Donna, I'm glad you got home okay. It's cloudy here this evening. It looks like rain, although I don't know that it's in the forecast.
Old 01-10-20, 06:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

This morning was another CocoLime workout - 30 min body weight.

I like these, but I do fall victim to thinking they are not enough at times......

I hope to get out for a walk today - my step count has been terrible since I returned to work. When we were on break, DD and i walked a lot.

I'm considering the CS/Essentrics challenge that starts on Monday - you get a 7 day free trial of the streaming service, so if I want to quit within the first 7 days it doesn't cost me anything. I do like the way it is set up in a progressive way.

Oh - last night I did a stretch from CocoLIme - it was nice to do in the evening to relax.

Sherry - I'm glad you are feeling better! Take it easy though!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-10-20, 04:04 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's Under the Weather workout. Such a nice one, I'd like to do it more often. I also did my favorite walk and Talk, the one on stress and anxiety. I like the intensity level in that one, somewhere between the other walk and talks and her regular walk workouts. I'm feeling much better today thankfully.

Donna, I think if you do 30 minutes a day, along with walking, it's beneficial. Tbh, I can no longer do most of Jessica's older challenges. But the January Jumpstart from last year has two workouts to choose from, and one is less intense than the other. I'm doing all of the less intense ones, lol. Usually, it's the dvd workout, but sometimes it's the you tube workout. And I usually modify too.
Old 01-10-20, 08:19 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been feeling crummy the past couple of days. I'm not sure if I'm sick or what is going on, but I have no energy and my sinuses are a mess, so I haven't been doing much of anything. I did do Jessica's Under the Weather workout though just to get some movement in.

Sherry, Funny how we're both doing Jessica's Under the Weather workout, LOL.

Donna, Are you getting the crazy warm weather this weekend? That will be a good time to get some outdoor steps in.

Waves!
Old 01-11-20, 09:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I had energy so I did:

Jessica Smith - 30 day program - HIIT Party - I really like the brightness of the set, so cheerful.

Classical Stretch - Season 12, Episode 2 - I picked this one b/c it was for hip pain and I needed to stretch out my hips.

so.....unless I do the CS health challenge (still thinking about it - even though I would have to subscribe to ETV - since I don't have all of the DVDs used in the challenge) I was thinking about doing Jessica's 30 day walk program - borrowing Pam's idea from last year- every other day with Ellen or Trifecta Pilates on the in-between days. This way, I'm getting my steps increased while still using my subscriptions. For stretching i can throw in the random CS or yoga in here and there.

wishiwasinhawaii - ugh, sorry you are not feeling well. From what I understand there are a lot of cold/flu viruses going around. The crazy thing about me is I rarely get sick in the winter - even if I'm around sick people. I tend to get sick in the spring - March, April, May, June.......

Sherry - yes, i just don't have the energy to go all out any more. It may be the time of day I'm working out or mental stress or something! Anyway, I'm glad I felt energized today!

Waves, Pam!

Donna
Old 01-12-20, 04:11 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was Jessica's Beginner Kickboxing HIIT. Today is a rest day. I'm getting sniffly again, this cold just seems to hang on. I feel worse in the evenings. So, I'm trying to take it easy today, good excuse to do nothing, lol.

Donna, I'm glad you had some more energy today. I signed up for Curology again. I'm going to give it more time this go around, and see if it does something. My formula is .02% tretinoin, tranexamic acid 2%, and niacinamide 4%. Their base formula is different, so I think I will like it better. Also, tranexamic acid is supposed to fade age spots. Crossing my fingers on that one!

wishiwasinhawaii, Jessica's Under the Weather is great for those low energy days. I hope you have your energy back.
Old 01-12-20, 07:17 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Unseasonably warm weather here yesterday and today. I think it hit 70 today. Crazy! I'm feeling much better so I went out for walks both days and also did a Jessica strength workout yesterday. I really need to get back on some sort of rotation though!

Sherry, I think the crazy weather is the cause of all this sickness! I wish Jessica had a whole rotation of under the weather workouts, lol.

Donna, It's funny you don't get sick this time of year. I almost always come down with a cold or sinus infection. Did you enjoy the weather this weekend?
Old 01-13-20, 09:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The weather was gorgeous here this weekend for January! Saturday was overcast but warm and Sunday was sunny and warm. Can't beat that. It is short lived, I think by the weekend it is in the 30's as our highs. But I'll take whatever breaks in the cold I can get.

Yesterday's workouts were:

CS 1201
Jessica Valent Pilates - Intro to Pilates

Today was:

Essentrics- Rebalance Your Connective Tissue

Yes, I succumbed and subscribed to ETV. You get a 7 day free trial, so if I burn out before then, no harm done. I decided to go ahead and try this challenge - I like the way it is set up - although it may end up getting boring w/ repeating workouts - I think the idea is to practice and perfect. So, we shall see. I did notice that I felt really good on the two days I did Essentrics/CS this weekend. Essentrics TV also re-vamped their site (I subscribed once before years ago) and I like the way everything is organized. And, of course, you can't beat the scenery - especially in the winter.

Oh - I also think I'm going to subscribe to Jessica Valent's site again. I'm nuts, but I really like her approach and variety and the short workouts she does that will make good add ons to Essentrics. I haven't re-sub'd yet, but I probably will. The workouts from her 7 day challenge are still available, probably until tomorrow when registration closes.

Hope everyone has a good day. It is still warm here so I will get out for a walk at lunch.

Sherry - good luck with curology! I'm still trying to use up what I have - but i have been trying to do that for years! LOL!

wishiwasinhawaii - gald you feel better. it is strange I don't get sick when "normal" people do, but I don't. One year I was around everyone w/ the flu and I didn't get it - but come March/April, I got it!

waves, Pam.

Donna
Old 01-13-20, 01:19 PM  
Leonana

I'm feeling much better today. Yesterday's rest was what I needed. However, I can't start exercising again, I guess that is what set me back. I'm going to wait until Thursday. I have my Tai Chi Class on Wednesday, so don't want to get sick again before that. I always do this, but it's hard to not exercise when I start feeling better. However, it always makes the cold come back.

wishiwasinhawaii, our weather has been colder than usual. I feel like the cold is what gets me sick. That's funny you guys were warmer than us! Our high was in the 60's, lows in the 30's. The forecast shows us warming up to the 70's, although rain is predicted at the end of this week.

Donna, signing up for Jessica's site doesn't seem too crazy, it you like it and use it. I'm doing pretty good at using stuff up, I have three bottles each of moisturizer and sunscreens, which is good for me, lol. But I use a different moisturizer for morning and night, so only one backup. I have a lot of The Ordinary Niacinimide and Azaelic Acid, but I can use the niacinimide in the morning and the azaelic acid once a week for exfoliation. I don't have a backup of my Differin, and can use the rest of the tube on my neck and hands. I'm doing a lot better than I used to on buying skincare. But I've been buying more makeup lately, lol.

Tags
jessica smith get strong