Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-15-18, 04:35 PM  
lorajc

Some Love For Youtube Yoga With Adriene....

I just wanted to say how great her channel can be for this time of year! However, I love her year round. I used to think this was the "old school" Adriene when people would post about her until one day I discovered it was a younger Adriene that does yoga with her dog Benji and fell in love. So if you don't know about her Channel....she has practices that range from Stress Relief to Strength to Anxiety to all sorts of unique sessions.

She gives excellent tips and I love her demeanor. Great for the Holiday Season as she has lots of 30" and under practices that are great.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...a+with+adriene
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-18, 05:24 PM  
sherry7899

I really enjoy her practices. I love that she does not take herself seriously. She taught a class about 40 minutes from me, but it was expensive. I saw photos of it afterwards and it was absolutely packed.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-18, 05:44 PM  
donnamp

I love her, too!! I am hoping she is going to do another program for You Tube in January - so far she has done one every year since 2015!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-18, 07:30 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

I enjoy Adriene too and I'm not a huge yoga fan. She has a wonderful, fun, light energy about her & of course I love Benji too.

Her 10 minute Yoga for Self Care is one of my favorites.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-18, 09:02 PM  
DebnPhx
VF Supporter

Agreed! And she is so generous with her free videos on YouTube. Her Yoga for Anxiety and Yoga for Stress got me through some really hard times last year and I wish her all success!
DebnPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-18, 09:53 AM  
lorajc

I REALLY enjoy her variety! I also get a lot out of her stress & anxiety practices as I am severely high strung/anxious. She's great and Benji is an added bonus. Even better if my cat joins in! LOL
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-18, 10:20 AM  
donnamp

Funny story - my Lab actually knows Adriene's theme music and comes in to my room with me to "do yoga" (basically, fall asleep while I do yoga, LOL!) when she hears it.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-18, 09:57 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Funny story - my Lab actually knows Adriene's theme music and comes in to my room with me to "do yoga" (basically, fall asleep while I do yoga, LOL!) when she hears it.

Donna
This is funny. I did a John Garey YouTube video yesterday and his dog was laying at the end of his mat.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-18, 02:00 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Adore Adrienne - great variety

I *love* Yoga with Adrienne. She has such a great variety of yoga workouts. You can find beginner introductory practices and advance practices for experienced yogis and everything in between.

There is very minimal "woo woo" factor, she may talk about focusing, stilling negative self-talk, or how you're working out with others all around the world.

I find her very approachable and encouraging. And it's FREE!

I've downloaded several vids that I take everywhere I go. Nothing is more comforting than Adrienne's intro music and her vocal instruction.

Highly recommend!
Old 11-17-18, 02:58 PM  
Anny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
I Her 10 minute Yoga for Self Care is one of my favorites.
I love this one, too. It's a great add on to my before bed routine after a busy day.

Tags
yoga with adrienne