Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-18, 07:09 PM  
lorajc

Reasonable Priced Streaming Sites - Your Fave's?

Hi - I'd like some Gift Exchange Wishlist idea's for Streaming. I like Barre 3 but it's expensive. So anything else.

I love Kundalini, fusion, weights, kettlebells, barre, yoga, dance, pilates and ballet.

I don't think I forgot anything. thanks in advance. Lora
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-18, 09:04 PM  
bubbles76

I don't subscribe to anything, but I hear that Cathe and Chris Freytag both have reasonably priced streaming.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-18, 09:37 PM  
Lori_Michigan

CS/Ess is $15/month and I use it nearly every day.

KCM is $7/month -- I haven't subscribed yet but am thinking of asking for it for a Christmas present
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-18, 09:57 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

What's a "reasonable" priced streaming sites for you, Lora?

For me, reasonable is 9.99/month but it seems that most streaming sites nowadays are 19.99/month or more. Only few like Gaia and maybe couple of others offer streaming under $10/month. That's why I only subscribe to one streaming site at any one time. At the moment it's Pilates By Lisa at about 15-16/month with annual subscription. I've been enjoying pilates for the past couple of years and Lisa's workouts challenge and suit me at the moment.

Streaming is a great thing for the instructors but no so much for the consumers. The service they provide is not unlike providing electricity. You get to use it, but you don't get to keep it. It's a steady stream of cash coming to the instructors, and who can blame this business model? As it is, the cost of streaming forces me to revisit the DVDs I already have, and I have a lot!

Have you been using free workouts on youtube? There are plenty of yoga, barre and kettlebells workouts out there.
Old 11-08-18, 11:50 PM  
MoFirmer

FitFusion has lots of offerings and is $9.99 a month. Simone De LaRue offers streaming for $14.95 a month.
Old 11-09-18, 12:14 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

This thread got me thinking that maybe I will try KCM's streaming option for a month come mid-Dec as I would like to check out her RAW workouts (beyond what's posted in YouTube). As for her premixes on the streaming option, I have all of the DVDs with said premixes ready to go (or easy to get to if I manually select chapters). I'm one of these VF veterans who has plenty enough DVDs to keep me entertained for a looooong time so it's hard to figure out what streaming options are even worth it, especially given how much I love JessicaSmithTV on YouTube and there's lots of yoga options there too!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 07:23 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I love KCM's RAW subscription and the fact that she lowered the price mid year to $6.99 makes it even more awesome. The workouts are varied and she is completely herself. She has been mixing in her backgrounders in a couple of the workouts and has plans for a boxing workout with Lori soon. (YAY!)
I am looking forward to trying her "Run with Me" workout sometime soon on a treadmill. She has a few DVD mixes on there and is planning to add a few more very soon.

I also subscribe to Cathe's OnDemand at the $19.99. I rarely use the LIVE workouts because I can't figure out where to put them in my rotation. But I love having all of the DVD"s on there and using the blender. Now not every single premix is on there for several of her older workouts, so you may have to mix them yourself on the blender. I wish I could just get the OnDemand without the LIVE but that is not offered.

I haven't tried any other subscriptions, but I enjoy these two so much.

I do hope to try out HASfit's Patreon offering to gain access to more of their workouts and rotations. I have grown to enjoy Coach Kozak and Claudia.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 08:37 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Les Mills On Demand is $12.99 per month and you have access to a great assortment of workouts. I'm going to resubscribe next year.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 08:41 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Les Mills On Demand is $12.99 per month and you have access to a great assortment of workouts. I'm going to resubscribe next year.
Great idea! They do have a free trial if you want to try it out first. If you have Amazon Prime, they have an app so you can stream it to your tv. I tried it out that way a few months ago. There is a ton of material on there.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 09:17 AM  
TinaT

I almost subscribed to Suzanne Bowen Fitness. Her price options seems reasonable. But at the last minute, I decided to stick with my dvds and free Youtube workouts like others have.

I have a good variety of methods to choose from. I have SBF complete set, so I have barre covered for sure. Along with AWT, CS, BB workouts, rebounding, etc. I just need to take full advantage of what sits on my shelves and throw a Youtube workout in here and there.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote