Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-25-20, 09:04 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
My aunt was tested on Saturday bc she was feeling terrible, she thought bronchitis which she has had before, but she ended up in the ER Monday night feeling very weak and with high fever. A rapid test showed positive for covid. Her O2 was 95 though and her lungs are clear so they didn't admit her. Yesterday morning she said she was feeling better. My uncle took her back to the ER a little bit ago.
You and your aunt are in my thoughts and prayers Vannie.
Old 11-26-20, 01:41 AM  
Vantreesta

Thank you, buff. She and I are really close and I'm worried about her. She's my dad's sister, the oldest sibling. Her lungs weren't as clear as Monday and O2 has dropped so they admitted her.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 07:39 AM  
Helen

Wow ! I should miss a day posting more often - everybody came out to play - though some not-so-great news.

Business first:
Wed., 25th Nov.
31min, Cathe - Perfect30 - HIIT - High Impact
no easier than last time, but this time I knew better that nothing lasted as long as it felt at the time
Thu., 26th Nov.
30min dog walk

Thursday night - cleaned & tidied house & groceries as a DD is bringing her beau of over a year to visit for the first time tomorrow afternoon. Stopping on their way from Sydney (2 hrs south) to a holiday spot another 2 hrs north of us.

VANNIE
So sorry your Aunt has Covid - listening to reports from medical personnel, it's rough - optimist for her "feeling better". ((hugs))
You're so right about looking forward to the end of 2020 - will go down as the worst year - for generations!

BUFF
The minutes you're hitting are HUGE! Do you stack them all into one long workout made from various parts, or is it spread out over the day ? or morning + evening?
I can't do mornings - have tried many times but no point fighting genetics (lark versus owl is now known to be so), so I'm ONLY doing things after work - usually formal around 6-7pm & dog walk/run before/after or both - if Alice is very lucky!

SANDY
Thank you for the new thread - hope your feeling less burdened with pain this week - reactions to the baking sessions settled?

Happy Thanksgiving!
We don't have anything like it here, so I'm not sure of how to respond to it most appropriately - only have movies etc to go by - especially for this one, with Vannie's Aunt in ER and being advised not to have the traditional gatherings. It's not going to be the same at all - but hope that you are all able to find even small things to feel true thanks for in your hearts.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 08:43 AM  
SandyO

Helen, that's exciting meeting the boyfriend. My daughter never brought any around.

My husband picked up some gastrointestinal bug Fri-Sat which I got Tue overnight-?. My son could be next, but he tends not to pick stuff up. Either way he's not wanting to go to my sister's and possibly gift it to them. I really didn't eat much of anything yesterday, so baking is the last thing on my mind.

Vannie, it really has been a horrible year for your extended family health wise.

buff, I hope you and buffboy have a great Thanksgiving.
Old 11-26-20, 09:37 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post

BUFF
The minutes you're hitting are HUGE! Do you stack them all into one long workout made from various parts, or is it spread out over the day ? or morning + evening?
I can't do mornings - have tried many times but no point fighting genetics (lark versus owl is now known to be so), so I'm ONLY doing things after work - usually formal around 6-7pm & dog walk/run before/after or both - if Alice is very lucky!
I have most of it programed before hand on a youtube channel and do everything not labeled PM one after the other. Of course there are times I change my mind, but it seems to be working. I know I need full body workouts, stretch and strength, and not enough mellow time will freak my body out. 10 min of each type of still gets me where I need to be and then I can do more advanced stuff. I also work later than most and get up super early typically. I also put food to cook while I'm working out vs in the PM, so I really get a lot done in the AMs.
Old 11-26-20, 09:53 AM  
buffmama

Just some notes on what I'm doing:
Cailin recent series is progressive going from beginner to advanced. Interesting and good to learn more progressions (but not great).
I'm subbing for Heather's workouts that I've already done.
Feeling the call of kettlebells and heavier strength work so looking to work those in.
Still lovin' shorter individual workouts.
Doing Leslie's yoga practices right now just make me super sad so those are going on the back burner.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope you are surrounded by loved ones and feeling truly blessed however you have chosen to spend it. Our fellowship has been a bright light in an otherwise depressing year. Thinking I really want to 'party like it's 1999'.
Old 11-26-20, 10:22 AM  
Vantreesta

Thank you all. She said she is feeling better today with treatment and O2 is staying steady, temp is staying down. They hope to send her home in a couple days. Our niece here in MN also tested positive (different side of the family) but doesn't seem to be feeling terribly sick, thankfully. I appreciate all the prayers. This year has been hard on so many.

On a positive note, wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving. There is still much to be grateful for, including supportive friends like you guys! I agree with buff, the support and friendship here is a bright spot in a dark year.

Helen, how exciting to meet the boyfriend! I hope it goes well. I didn't get to workout yesterday so I plan to sub it (Hardstrikes) for the next P30 High Impact HIIT since that one's on the socket 4 times and I don't want to skip Hardstrikes. I will be back at it on Monday, God willing!

Sandy, I hope you guys feel better soon. Stomach bugs are no fun at all! Smart call staying home.

Buff, that sounds like a smart way to run your workouts. I only use YT for a few workouts but I didn't realize you could program a list of them like that. Now that I have my new laptop I need to get back to downloading Travis practices posted there (and some if those yoga challenges).

I suppose I should shower and start the day, which means plant on the couch and crochet until I put together the meal and later go for a long walk.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 10:46 AM  
SandyO

I am much improved today, and I need fresh air. A slow walk in the park is in order. Let's just say no other person has ever produced so much foul gas in a single afternoon. I'm glad my son and husband did go for Thanksgiving. Sadly, they did have to come home. Since it's below freezing, it's not like I could air out the house. TMI?
Old 11-28-20, 08:16 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Buff, that sounds like a smart way to run your workouts. I only use YT for a few workouts but I didn't realize you could program a list of them like that.
It was our wonderful Helen that educated me and set me up on this path. Thank you Helen!
Old 11-28-20, 08:20 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I am much improved today, and I need fresh air. A slow walk in the park is in order. Let's just say no other person has ever produced so much foul gas in a single afternoon. I'm glad my son and husband did go for Thanksgiving. Sadly, they did have to come home. Since it's below freezing, it's not like I could air out the house. TMI?
Glad you're feeling better Sandy. Hope you have a celebrate the holiday this weekend.