Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-20, 03:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Forward Bends with Rodney's AM Yoga For Your Week. I am so inflexible with seated forward bends, and always have been. I suppose if I had a regular yoga practice this could be improved upon.

Today, I was just on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I've been hooked on watching "the Minimal Mom" on YouTube, so watch a couple segments and I'm ready to be done with the treadmill.

I'm in one other check-in "Jessica Smith and Friends" and also like that it is a small group of only four. I've been in others over the years....Essentrics, Pilates, just to name a few. Or, if there are short challenge check-ins (like a new workout system.) I started the Pilates check-in many, many moons ago but have not always stayed consistent with that discipline. I tend to rotate pilates, yoga, and classical stretch as it's difficult to fit them all in.

Have a good day everyone!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 05:57 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

I tried the Total Worout in Ten! vdeo this morning, doing the cardio, upper body (twce through) and the flexibility and balance segment ... so it took 40! LOL

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 06:03 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

I'm curious as to everyone's daily schedule and how/when you fit your workout(s) in.

I am retired and schedule my regular workouts for Monday/Wednesday/Friday unless something comes up and I need to change it up. Often, our travel days to our lake place and back or other trips, will disrupt the routine. DH jogs M/W/F, and ideally, I should do my workout relatively early in the morning, while DH is jogging, but realistically, I seem to put it off until around 10:30 or 11. Then, occasionally, DH and I will take a walk in the evenings, but no regular schedule, and it usually fits into the "stroll" category, not aerobics. Still very enjoyable, and gets me moving after dinner instead of just sitting.

I'd like to start adding other workouts most days of the week, so that I can more easily include yoga, Pilates and other type workouts. I'm still supposed to be doing PT daily. It's far too easy to "forget" to do those exercises.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
Old 10-16-20, 06:05 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was the first 30 minutes of Kari Andersen’s Body Tech then forwarded to the weight work and finished up the video. (Thanks for the reminder DJ ).

DJ - I usually do my workouts in the morning. If I don’t have any place to be in the morning, I’ll usually start between 8:30 - 9:30 am at the latest. On my WW days, I do it at 7:30. I normally try to do about 45 minutes but some days are an hour and if short on time will do only 30 minutes. Right now I’m trying to do Travis Eliot’s Flexibility and Beyond program which is supposed to be M, W, F and Sunday. Then on Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday I’m trying to fit in some strength and a little cardio. This rotation is supposed to be 8 weeks. I’m in week 3. I’m not sure I will do it the whole 8 weeks but I really needed to spend more time on this type of workouts. I was getting so tight in my hips. I notice quite a difference already....but I also feel now I’m not getting enough strength and cardio. I think when I decide to quit or finish this rotation I’m going to have to fit in these type of workouts at least once (preferably twice) a week going forward.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 02:20 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

DJ, I'm retired, so I don't have a set time to exercise any more, I just do things off and on during the day. Back when I worked (RN) we did 12 hour shifts, so those days I didn't do anything else, and days off I liked to do my workouts in the afternoon.

Cher, I love Travis! I haven't done a real yoga session in way too long, but maybe I can get myself to do one of his.

Pam, that's one reason I read on the treadmill, the time goes by without my noticing. I may not burn a lot of calories, cause I don't go very fast, but I can get lost in a book and rack up the time, and steps.

Way back I used to be in a Rebounder check in, then we changed the name to something about Muving; it eventually dwindled away too.

I've done three, 30 minute plus walks on the treadmill today. Yesterday only totaled 31, plus and after dinner Leslie 1 Mile.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 02:54 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Greetings!

Thanks for your responses to my question.

I did the Tom Holland Total Body Workout this morning (just before lunch, again); pluss added a few of my specific PT exercises and the step for the cardio portion.

Anyone doing step workouts these days? I love them. I see Cher did Kari Anderson's Body Tech which is about my favorite!

Old 10-16-20, 03:21 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Just 30 minutes on the treadmill today.

DJ-H, I am also retired. Because I don't work outside the home I do exercise any time of day, but usually it tends to be between 11am-2pm. I need to set a specific time, but it's difficult to do in the mornings since we're night owls.

Also another yogi who likes Travis, but haven't done his workouts in a long while. Probably because they tend to be longer workouts.

I don't do too much in the way of step workouts, only because I didn't do it when it was popular (back in the day) so just need the basics. I'm not sure I would have the time or patience to master anything complex, but step workouts can be fun if I'm in the right frame of mind. ;-)

Enjoy your day all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 06:01 AM  
Cher

Workout Friday was the Leg section of Kathy Smith’s Staying Strong and IDTV F&B Foundations. Workout today was warm-up and combos 1 & 2 of Cathe’s Cardio and Weights and combos 1-4 of Party Rockin Step #1.

I guess you could call me retired too. I got laid off from work back when my DS was 6 years old (he is now almost 24 ). I stayed home and helped out in is school and stuff and just never went back to work after that. I’m now 58 and my DH just retired Sept 30 (he’s 62) so I don’t see myself going back to work now unless i decide I just want to work part-time to get out and make a little extra cash.

You guys are all so good about getting workouts in throughout the day. I forgot to mention, if I don’t workout in the morning, it most likely won’t get done.

Terri - I need a treadmill so I can read and walk too!

DJ - I LOVE stepping!!!! It is my preferred choice of cardio. Right now my current favorite is Cathe’s Step Sync! It’s so fun and not overly intense like some of her workouts can be.

Pam - That’s one of my main issues with doing Travis’ Flexibility and Beyond program, all of them are an hour except Foundations (which is 45 minutes). I prefer to stick to 30 - 45 minutes.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 11:31 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Cher ~ I, too, will most likely not get a workout in if I plan to do it later in the day. It just doesn't happen. I need to know that about myself! I'll take a look at that Cathe step workout.

I didn't really do anything yesterday unless you count an hour doing fall garden clean-up. Not aerobic, but still moving, bending, lifting ... and I made a pie!

Not sure about today, but really need to get in some PT exercises if nothing else.

Does ordering 3 new workout videos count as exercise? LOL

Old 10-18-20, 03:00 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I subscribed to Gin Miller's YouTube channel so I could do Step Reebok. Back when I first started here, that was one step workout I could do, so I liked it. I didn't know people previewed workouts, and rewound parts till they learned how to do things - I just thought I couldn't do choreography.

I've been doing the same things, treadmill and whatever easy walking thing on YouTube that catches my after dinner eye!

I have good intentions, but don't seem to actually do much of anything else. Maybe when it gets cold and I don't want to go outside, I'll stick with a plan.

HI to everybody

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miracle mile