Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-20, 12:49 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Don't try to short circuit the grieving process. This is the woman who brought you into the world. It is nature's closest relationship, so the grief is very deep, probably the deepest you'll ever know.

You've been given excellent advice here, but do what's feels right to you, even if it's nothing right now.

Again, I'm so very sorry this happened.
Old 10-07-20, 01:01 PM  
hypnomoon

I'm so sorry about your loss. It's something I can't even imagine how it is for you. Others have mentioned counseling. I think that's a very good recommendation. As Dr. Phil would say 'this is beyond your pay grade.'

I lost my Dad suddenly to a stroke and I was/am devastated. It's been 8 years next month. I had no idea that I would take it this hard. All my exercising ceased. I haven't been able to consistently workout in all this time. I lost my Mom to Alzheimers the beginning of this April. She started going downhill at the end of March and since she was in a nursing home that closed off to visitors because of the pandemic, I was only able to see her once just a few days before she passed. I couldn't stay with her to the end and that is disturbing for me.

There's nothing but time to heal me. I know how it feels to lose all interests; working out, running, reading, eating, all of that. Even with counseling I'm still struggling with picking myself back up.

Here's to wishing you peace in your heart. <3
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 01:04 PM  
sillygirl

I'm so sorry for your loss. Just sending you a virtual hug.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 07:11 PM  
Big Sky

So sorry.

Susan, I am so sorry for your loss and all that you and your family are enduring. Life is hard. Accept that you will have good days and bad days. Perhaps in the bad days, you will need to stuff your emotions with a workout. I know I have to do that some days. Other days, you may be able to reflect by walking outside and appreciating all that you do have in your life. Just don't be discouraged if your progress isn't linear. You will always have some pain. However, eventually, it will lessen and you will feel more "normal." My advice is just to simply do what you need to do each day. Try to make healthful choices, but if you do not. Let it go. Be patient with yourself and the process. Sending prayers your way!
Big Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 08:44 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I am so sorry for your loss Susan! My deepest condolences to you and your family. I agree that you should just do activities that you enjoy to ease back into it. Take your time to grieve and heal. Don’t let guilt or self doubts plague you, there was nothing more you could have done. She’s not in pain anymore and she’ll be waiting for you. (((Big hug)))
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 01:45 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Susan,

Just wanted to send hugs and love your way. I have had some tragic losses in my life as well. They are all different, for different reasons. I have also second guessed whether I "did enough" or if I had pursued another avenue harder, would the doctors have figured it out, etc. But we all end up realizing that bad things can just happen, no matter what. I am just so sorry for your loss, and for the extra sadness due to the circumstances.

Remember that time heals. It will take a good amount of time, but you will come through this. Maybe use this time of soul searching and sadness to let exercise and good nutrition help you feel better, instead of the opposite working its control.

Love and sympathy to you and your family.
Old 10-09-20, 03:33 PM  
AnMrsDe

Sending lots of (((hugs))) and prayers your way. So sorry for your loss.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 09:19 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Offering my sympathies and healing wishes for you, Susan.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 02:20 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

I am so sorry for your loss. 😢
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 02:28 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Just wanted to say so very sorry for your tragic loss. Others have given some excellent advice. Be kind to yourself.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grief, healing after loss, loss, suicide