Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-07-20, 01:22 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Pam, thanks for mentioning that Rodney Yee dvd, I have that and remember enjoying it, and want some short ones to do.

I've been walking, treadmill and YouTube stuff. My cat has decided to turn back time, and start grabbing my legs when he's in the room with me, though. I thought he'd outgrown that habit, but nope. I had to do a Leslie with a cat toy in my hand last night, waving the string thing around for him to chase and grab instead of my flesh.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 06:12 AM  
Cher

Tuesday’s workout was Step Sync warm-up and combo 3, then workout 2 of KCM Muscle Up / Lift to be Fit. Also went for about a 30 minute walk in the afternoon. Yesterday’s IDTV F&B Fountain of Youth. also a 20 minute walk in the afternoon. We’re going up to my parents cabin tomorrow so I may try to do tomorrow’s F&B tonight since I know I won’t have time tomorrow before I go. We’ll see.

Pam - Walking to the library sounds like a good walk!

Terri - Sounds like you get in creative workouts with your cat around.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 10:02 AM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Yesterday I went for a 3.3 mile walk (according to my runkeeper app) with a friend along the lakeside. She walks faster than I do, so it keeps my pace up! I also got in my PT exercises.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 10:35 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavtx View Post
Pam, thanks for mentioning that Rodney Yee dvd, I have that and remember enjoying it, and want some short ones to do.
Actually, I think this is AM Yoga For Your Week and I accidentally omitted the AM part. ;-) This is probably my most used Rodney workout, though I haven't done yoga in a long while. It gets to be this time of year when the weather starts cooling down and I start getting a bit anxious. It may be the holidays approaching or end of year, but yoga helps me feel better. I'm not sure why I neglect it for so long.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 12:14 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

Today I did Day 5 of Yoga Fix with Dean Pohl of BodyByYoga. Also, added the Twists segment of AM Yoga For Your Week (AMYFYW) with Rodney.

Will walk at some point today. We're supposed to get high winds this evening, so hoping I can get out after lunch! Otherwise, I'll do a short video of Jessica's or Leslie's.

Have a good one!

Current Rotation:
Old 10-08-20, 12:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavtx View Post
My cat has decided to turn back time, and start grabbing my legs when he's in the room with me, though. I thought he'd outgrown that habit, but nope. I had to do a Leslie with a cat toy in my hand last night, waving the string thing around for him to chase and grab instead of my flesh.
I used to have a cat that would come into my workout room and sit on top of my belly whenever I was in relaxation pose or if I was doing reclining chest presses or ab work. None of my cats bother me now because I work out in the basement and close the door. But, they will meow at the closed door, sometimes.

Current Rotation:
Old 10-09-20, 01:50 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Pam, I used to exercise in a different room with the door closed, but have started doing more in the living room in front of the bigger t.v., so the cat can get me.

I've done a couple of Walk at Home's the past two days, one led by Nick, the other by Kamilah, and much prefer them to Leslie. I feel disloyal saying that, cause I've done hers for years, but they both seem to mix the moves up more, and Kamilah had you do the kick backs slower, so you don't use momentum, and I actually can feel mild DOMS in my hamstrings today. So, she was right, and my hamstrings must need a lot of work to be sore from just that!

Meister Eckhart

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
Old 10-09-20, 02:53 PM  
DJ-H
VF Supporter

Greetings!

I should check out some different walking videos that you all mention. I get a little bored with Leslie.

Today I did Tom Holland's Total Body Workout.

"Even though you can't turn back the clock, you can wind it up again." Joan MacDonald
DJ-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 03:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Our numbers have dwindled. Hope some other peeps will join us!

Today was another day with Rodney's AM Yoga For Your Week (backbends.) Also added Jessica's Gentle Yoga Stretch (Flexibility and Relaxation.) Both wonderful, though Rodney's Backbends are a little more strenuous, but not hard. Interesting to note...Jessica has two workouts with this same title. Both very good but the other titled workouts are only twenty minutes in length and target specific parts of the bod!

Have a beautiful Fall day!

Current Rotation:
Old 10-10-20, 03:31 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Pam, yes there are only a few of us. Maybe next month we should start a new thread, when I came back to VF looking for a check in to join, I didn't want one with too many people. Maybe the number of posts deters new comers.

DJ, Leslie can get boring, but I keep doing them cause I don't have to think about what I'm doing. There's no dread at all for me.

My after dinner walk yesterday was Leslie's Interval Walk 1 mile, she did do some faster intervals, but I felt she stayed slow too long in between them.

This morning I did a Walk at Home 1 mile, led by Nadia who is also more creative than Leslie, using the same basic moves. She had one part where you kick your leg, then lift the same knee, and repeat on the other side, alternating legs several times. I got mixed up quite a few times, on such a simple thing. It made me think I need to add more choreography to what I've been doing, to challenge my brain.

Meister Eckhart

Tags
miracle mile