Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-27-20, 03:34 PM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts ~OCTOBER 2020~*Everyone Welcome!*

October 2020

Per CharM, (and a great idea again!), this month may mean SCARY workouts for some! I believe it was Ms. Jane who initiated that idea last October....and it will definitely be a SUPER SCARY month for me....as I will turn the big 6-0!!!! So, taking it day by day and seeing how I feel each day if I care to make it scary or not, haha! Also trying to *stay* in the habit of daily meditation and including more yoga, as I have noticed lately how my weighted workouts seem easier and I'm sure it's from doing more power yoga on a regular basis. Love that!

1 - IDT Meditation (Travis); Yvette Bachman Cardio, Kickboxing, Triceps & Abs (62 min. of the 71 min.); PHA3 (Extended Lying Stretch) This one was super fun with no equipment needed except gloves until about 10 min. til the end where she does some tricep/band work. I FF'd thru those but did include the FW band exercises (for the BOOty! and legs), and core work. Lots of fun k/b moves for upper and lower body and thankfully, she alternates those with recovery moves. Definitely needed an add'l stretch and I ended with a 522 calorie burn...great, SCARY cardio class...I'm starting off the month with a HOWLING great endurance workout!! haha
2 - IDT Meditation (Travis); Cathe Live Total Body Giant Sets 2 #214; extra stretching; Mow Max/Yard Work (1.5 hours) This "series" of Lives are gold! Just love this one - no cardio but definitely a cardio effect. I used 5's, 12's, 15's, 20's, & 25's# DB's. Cathe really pulls me thru those last few reps of the core work...I NEED that cajoling to finish them b/c by that time, I am TOAST!! Fabulous workout!
3 - IDT Meditation (Dana); AngieFit TV (10 min. walk as a w/u); IDT Energy Flow (Brittany-60 min.) This was a new class and I loved it! Wonderful sequence that included eagle flow, standing pigeon, Warrior 3, one legged hip openers, wild dog pose, etc. She performed side crow and her cues were so good that I actually “got some air” under my hips while trying it....progress! Love how she stays in spinal twists for quite awhile before shavasana. Felt fantastic afterward! Music is included and I’m not sure it added to the practice (very different for yoga), but the site does include music off options which is so great!! Favorited! I am really enjoying Brittany’s classes.
4 - IDT Meditation (Dana); Cathe Live Metabolic Madness #267 (46 min.); Yoga30For30 (Even Flow-Travis - 30 min.) I say this every time I do this CL...I'm so glad I purchased this one!! SOOOO FUN! Love it for the times where I don't want to do any cardio--but still obtaining that great cardio effect through upper/lower body combination moves. Yes, I concur with my previous rating of 4 ! I wanted a shorter yoga workout and can always count on Even Flow to make me feel so good and is a great stretch after a workout to get in/out. Love Y30F30 for 30 min. classes!!!! Fabulous workout today! 436 cal burn

5 - Meditation (from another source); IDT Strong Body, Steady Mind (Lauren - 30 min.); IDT Rock'N'Soul (Mychal - 20 min.); 2.61 mile walk pushing the baby Lauren's class was nice....it uses 2 blocks and at one point, you step up on the block in tree. Also has a Kundalini arm challenge at the end. No mat stretches at end-just Shavasana. Lauren looks so cute pregnant! Mychal's class was different. Not many yoga postures - mostly cardio-induced moves such as mt. climbers, jump switches, and there were also knee hovers in table top. Not any stretches on mat at end either, so I had to do extra stretches on my own after these two classes. Not my favorite classes - I didn't preview - just picking them b/c they were short! Nice, sunny but cool this morning, but by early afternoon, it was nice to get out and get some Vitamin D. Baby slept a total of 4.5 hours today!!! She must've had a very tiring weekend!
6 - Meditation (from another source); X-10 (w/u); Caroline Girvan (1 Hour Hard Core Full Body HiiT Workout Part 1 - 60 min.); stretch I had to try a cardio workout from Caroline with all the CG talk in the GD! LOVED it! There are 2 sets of 27 exercises (:20 work) and after every exercise, you do a set of burpees before the :20 rest in the first set. (I used my step and did 6-7 squat thrusts each time). In the 2nd set, you do squat jumps instead of burpees. These were hard after some of those lower body and core moves (and I was getting tired at that point)! There is a lot of up/down in this but I didn't find it repetitive at all. I definitely recommend a warm-up and additional stretch for this. It's so nice to do a workout sometimes with no talking and just music!! Some might term this "scary" but I loved the challenge! Notice there is a "Part 2" to this....anxious to give that one a whirl too. 539 cal burn Hearted!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fXF7LNpTrQ&vl=en ETA: I checked out her Part 2 and some of those lower body exercises just seemed like a knee injury waiting to happen....change of plans!
7 - Meditation (20 min.); Yvette Bachman 30 Min. Low Impact Cardio Kickboxing; Heather Robertson Brutal BOOty & Leg Slimming W/O (32 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga I love Yvette's UB conditioning class with weighted gloves and all low impact. My arms were feeling it already in the warm-up! These classes are rare for Yvette... I love how form is the focus and it is easy to ramp it up a bit. (I didn't this time). ;0) Heather's class was a great LB conditioning class...and she always goes slow enough so form is always a focus for her. (I appreciated that fact with Caroline also). To make it a little more "brutal", ;0) I used my FW band around my ankles or above my knees and it seemed to work for almost all the exercises. Some of my leg lifts weren't as high, but I sure felt it more in my inner thighs. HR is barefoot in this but I kept on my shoes. Fantastic total body conditioning workout today! (With minimal talking, too. I do seem to like HR's music better than Caroline's, though). I had to add on an add'l stretch (esp. for inner thighs!) 415 cal burn
8 - Meditation (10 min.); 2 Mile Walk; IDT (Power Yoga Blaze #1-Travis 32 min.) Another sunny, colorful, beautiful day! I had lots of energy today on my walk and burned 345 calories. It felt good to really go fast without having to push the stroller. Travis' class was a goodie - definitely the easiest of the Blaze Series, but great for an easier practice. My preference of the 3 classes is still #3, which is an awesome balance challenge, well rounded and near perfect!! <3
9 - IDT Meditation (5 min.-Lauren); Cathe Live Strong Express Upper Body Live (#234 - 36 min.); Caroline Girvan 15 min. Dumbbell Arms & Shoulders (done 1.5x); extra UB stretches; 2.51 mile walk pushing baby (later) Cathe's UB workout is such a good one to get in/get out! She totally FRIES shoulders from the get go, and by the last set of chest work at the end and like last time I did this one, I had to drop to 12's! There's a short core segment at the end...love how she gets that done too! The baby kept on sleeping, so I thought I could add on a short CG workout. LOVED it! She includes 2 sets of 13 UB exercises in the 15 min. and I used 12's & 15's, sometimes changing up the shoulder work (I did those U shaped exercises -can't remember the name- Cathe did in her workout with 12's. My shoulders like those! I wish she'd do that exercise in more workouts). Love Caroline's Diamond Press exercise (Sagi calls it "close grip press") where she does chest presses w/ DB's pressed together and I think I saw that exercise in Cathe's Perfect Pump workout!! Yay! The baby kept on sleeping, so I thought I'd repeat the workout, but ended up doing the 15 min. workout for 24 min....I just couldn't do that last set as I was DONE! And, honestly, I don't feel the need to do any longer than 60 min. in one session for working just Upper Body. ;0) I love how Caroline goes SLOW enough to go heavier (even though I couldn't go heavier, LOL). She is so strong!! GREAT UB FRY SESSION TODAY! 347 cal (not including walk).
10- IDT Meditation; Five Parks Yoga (Shoulder & Neck Tension Release Yoga Class - 22 min.); Five Parks Yoga (Neck & Shoulder Tension Release Yoga Class - 25 min.); 1.75 hours Mow Max/Yard Work When I got up this morning, I had very noticeable neck & shoulder discomfort. Don't know if I slept on my neck wrong, or it's from my UB shoulder frenzy yesterday, LOL, but several hours later, it is 90% better!! Not sure if it's actually due to the yoga classes or it just needed time to decompress? Either way, I'm glad I have relief! I'm geared to believing it is from the yoga...it does miracles for ME!
11- IDT Meditation (Lauren); IDT Flexibility & Beyond (Upper Body Yin - Travis - 60 min.) Thought I should do a class with focus on neck & shoulders again since I had a horrible allergy headache all weekend. This was good with no jumping but I found it hard to stay in some of the poses for the duration. I did, however, feel great when I was finished!

12- IDT Meditation (Travis); Yvette Bachman HiiT, Cardio, Core, Weights & BOSU Ball (69 min.); Stretch Wow, Yvette is an Energizer Bunny in this one!! From 2017, (and I think some of her older ones are harder than some of her newer ones), it was a great endurance challenge. HiiT work with weighted recovery moves or core and Yvette is burpee happy in this. (This is the ideal way I like my burpees...sprinkled throughout and not necessarily more than 10 at a time). ;0) One move is burpees hanging onto weights then a shoulder press and a squat, squat jump--loved those! (I used my step as a prop for the moves that included floor to standing). With 15 min. left, she brings out the BOSU and I really enjoyed that segment, as she used it for cardio, core, and a bit of strength by picking it up over your head. I used 10's, & 12's throughout, and I kept up reasonably well but sometimes I was a rep behind or I slowed down the pace to keep my joints happy. It was a bit SCARY how red my face was when finished!! GREAT ENDURANCE CHALLENGE! 532 cal burn (and that was with a HRM malfunction at a certain point. I really need to put new batteries in the thing)!! ETA: This morning I cleaned my house & did laundry; this afternoon, I washed windows outside and did 2.25 hours of yard work & started cleaning up flower beds. It's amazing what all I can get done without those allergy headaches and...without having to watch the baby, LOL! ;0)
13- IDT Meditation (Travis); IDT Reset Yourself (Lauren - 23 min.); 3 hours yard work @ parents; 2.75 hours yard work @ my house Lauren's class was really a good, short class with a bit of flow, lots of stretching and a tiny bit of balance (I think all it had was tree pose). A good one when short on time or just want to "reset". I'm pooped from all the yard work! But gotta do it when the weather's nice. I was never so glad for grocery shopping day to come along tomorrow, LOL!
14- IDT Meditation (Lauren); Cathe Live PHA+Cardio Blasts #238 (55 min.); Yoga30For30 (Edge - Travis) My favorite PHA!!!! It felt great to revisit. I matched Cathe's weights for all but did 2 legged D/L's and 2 handed burpees. It is so much FUN! I love seeing the class behind Cathe. I was planning on a 60 min. practice, but I slept longer than anticipated (all that yard work!) and I had to get a move on, so I decided on a tougher 30 min. class. Edge is such a great challenge! Focus is strength with lots of chats and yogi p/u's. It maybe wasn't such a great idea to do this after Cathe's weight workout, LOL. To go back to these classes, they seem a lot easier now. Great strength session today!!
15- IDT Meditation (Lauren); IDT Build Forearm Balance (Lauren - 40 min.); 3.50 hours of yard work at DS's condo This class is a very shoulder intensive practice (since they are worked a lot when forearms are used). One spot Lauren asks you to do Warrior 3 with your hands entwined behind your head...that's tough! When I held this pose, I noticed my triceps are sore from Cathe's workout yesterday. Lauren's instruction was excellent as usual but my balance was not good today. Some days you got it and some days you don't! She uses a wall for headstand but I don't need a neck injury, LOL, so I just did crow instead. Stayed in that pose for a while so that was good. There are lots of forearm planks & dolphin in this class, so a good one for building arm strength. Sooo glad to be done with DS's yard work (and right before the first frost)!! He had quite a few bushes to trim and cut back; I couldn't do them last time I was there since they were still blooming.
16- IDT Meditation (Dana); Five Parks Yoga (Flow to Go Yoga Class-23 min.) This was a good, short flow. No time for anything else - I had an early appt. to take my fur baby to the vet.
17- IDT Meditation (Lauren); KCM Sculpting Rx (Workout 2--no floor work), Workout 1 (all=50 min. but took me 60 min. b/c I stretch throughout); Stretch; Mow Max/Yard Work - 1.5 hours Playing my own music and did my own premix again, it is a TOTAL BODY fryer...yes, my legs even get a workout combining these. In Workout 2, I used 5's for the first set, then 8's for the rest. Love the combo moves and core gets worked so well. In Workout 1, I used 12's & 15's, but I do have to pause the dvd and stretch mostly after chest is worked. In place of those lawn mower moves sitting on step (I can't get full range of motion), I just change up the exercise all together and did pull-overs with 20#, and continued when she does shoulder presses...I felt my shoulders were more than worked in Workout 2 alone! Totally love the bicep (or shoulder?) move while alternating step up onto step, then lifting opposite knee, step down for legs! Also, the exercise that includes a squat with DB's, then while you're down there, turn DB's for D/L's! Love those! Kelly really kept things fresh in this one, and most important, my shoulders do not complain of her creative moves which often is the case for me. Cool! After cleaning the house, I talked myself into doing yard work (at my house)...it was tough, as 12.50 hours of yard work is enough in one week but went out and did another 1.50 hours!! I'M DONE!! (till next week, haha, and of course, weeks of raking to look forward to....).
18- IDT Meditation (Travis & Lauren); Five Parks Yoga (Intense Flow With No Planks or Chats - Wrist free yoga = 49 min.) This one sounded easier with no planks or chats but it was HARD with all the balance work and building heat in the total body. That boat sequence was insane(!) holding it so long and I had to take breaks. The class was all standing until the 40 min. mark then to the mat for stretching. Very nice challenge and it gave my wrists & shoulders a nice break.

19- IDT Meditation; Cathe's Great Glutes (No Floor Work Premix - 53 min.) Always a classic!
20- IDT Meditation; REST DAY!!! (early hair appt. and it just doesn't get done later! And...I thought I deserved a REST day on my birthday, after all)!
21- IDT Meditation; my w/u; Caroline Girvan (Dumbbell Shoulders & Core w/o-17 min. only); CG Dumbbell Upper Body Workout = 27 min.; ICE Muscle Meltdown (Triceps/stretch) I didn't preview (or read well evidently), as I thought this first w/o was an upper body workout....17 min. was enough of shoulder work, LOL, so I quit that and did her UPPER BODY workout, skipping shoulders! Yes, I can now read, ha! Great upper body fryer that includes back but no triceps aside from chest presses. So I added on the MM Triceps....love these for that purpose!!! It turned out to be a great workout, but what a Mish Mosh Monster Mash Workout!!! Really turned into a GREAT Fat Burning workout complete with treats and no tricks (well, maybe a few tricks!) - 49 min. in the FB zone! :0)
22- IDT Meditation (Travis); Cathe Live Cardio Fusion #207 (40 min.); IDT Blaze #3 (Travis) Cathe's is such a fun one but today there seemed an awful lot of jumps and hops in it! ;0) Definitely a space hog. There is such high energy in the class, though, and is contagious. This class was a day before her '18 Road Trip and there were more in the class. The older lady in the front row was ROCKIN' it and I was watching her a lot when the camera panned around the room (and HOW it panned around the room! Too much on others and not enough on Cathe!). But it's a good one to utilize my rebounder doing tuck jumps, air jacks and any other type of jumps! I did Travis' Blaze #3 AGAIN...just can't get enough of that one! Love! 442 cal burn today
23- IDT Meditation (Dana); X-10 (w/u); YT Pamela Reif (15 Min. Full Body HiiT Workout//No Equipment); Pamela Reif (10 Min. High Intensity Workout//No Equipment; IDT Twisting in Paradise (Mychal - 45 min.) Trying to figure out a short HiiT YT workout, I came across Pamela Reif...never heard of her before. These short HiiT workouts were decent...and easier than her comments below them. The first one had no rests (:30/:00), until the 8 min. mark, but she'd do a cardio exercise followed by a bodyweight/strength exercise that she terms "active breaks" which probably made it seem easier to me. The 2nd class had the same format and I used my step as a prop and my JS for j. jacks, etc. I like her music and is set up similar to Heather & Caroline with the no talking. (I appreciate that since sometimes I have a hard time understanding them with their accents or it's echo-y on the set!). Pamela is a model and cute as a button and looks fresh out of high school(!) but at 24, she packs a punch for some good HiiT work! I subscribed to her channel. Mychal's class was a really good flow that included BOP but I thought it would've had even more twists. I guess I'm used to Travis' thousands during a Twisting practice! I like Mychal - his voice, his form pointers and is easy on the eyes! Again, he looks fresh out of high school, but he seems to know his stuff. Maybe it's just b/c I am now OLD and everyone looks fresh out of high school, LMAO!//Dinner out was really nice being at a restaurant again (too cold to sit outside, but all the parties were spaced out really well).
24- IDT Meditation (Travis & Lauren); IDT Fundamental Flow - 30 min. (Denise); Pamela Reif Ab workout; cleaned my house; 1 hour Yard Work I tried a new instructor on IDT...Eh, maybe it was the practice and the sound kept going in & out and was totally distracting, so Denise didn't cut it for me. I had to keep looking at the screen to see what I should be doing. So, she & Brent are my least favorite instructors. After my yoga, I cleaned my house then went to lunch with my SIL/BIL who were in town and brought a b-day gift! So nice to see them!! Went home and did the yard work which got done so quick with my bad-a$$ leaf blower, LOL! It's not as heavy when I'm out there doing it and was so nice not having to fiddle with a cord!!! Yes, T2B, it's all about PRACTICAL gifts that I so appreciate!! Do my Uggs fit in that category too?? haha
25- IDT Meditation (Travis); Yvette Fit #65 Upper & Lower Body Kickboxing/Step; stretch This one is on her new site...LOVED it! It uses a step w/ 2 risers, stability ball, (1) 30, 25's, 20's, 15's, & 12's DB's. I used a 2 riser step, (1) 30, 25's, & 15's and works biceps, back & legs. I was feeling pretty good that I could actually go heavier than Yvette! The pace sometimes needed to be slower but I felt good going heavier on most exercises. I did pull downs in place of conc curls. It is a REALLY FUN workout - enjoyed that the choreography using the step was doable for me (i.e. no jumping up onto step w/ both feet!), and included k/b moves for upper body & lower body. I'd term it moderate intensity with some repetition, but I really liked it. I had to keep the volume down since DH was still sleeping in the BR above my workout area, and I could hardly hear the music, so I played my own. Will be doing this one again! I ended with a 401 calorie burn.

26- IDT Meditation (Lauren); Heather Robertson Brutal BOOty & Leg Slimming Workout; HR Flat Abs; IDT Work In & Work Out Series (Day 5--Part 1 - Brittany - 21 min.) I did Heather's BB&LS workout again as I TOTALLY Love it and used a FW band again around my ankles or above knees during the floor work to the end. I was glad to read that 2lazy4gym enjoyed this one too. I couldn't remember if I used the FW band for the whole workout last time or just the floor work on? Either way, it is a real burn fest of a LB workout! Her ab workout started playing right after, so I did that too. Brittany's class was awesome with lots of balance, flow, postures, core and very well rounded. Great one when wanting a short practice to finish things up. Baby is still sleeping, so I took advantage of some check-in time!
27- Meditation (another source); Heather Robertson No Repeats HiiT Workout//Total Body Mash Up (40 min.); Caroline Girvan 30 min. DB Chest & Tricep Workout (35 min.) This Heather workout may just be one of my favorites of hers. No jumping but getting my HR up and my sweat on. It's excerpts from her other HiiT workouts, some being weighted and some non-weighted with a format of :45/:15. So sometimes, she's got a different outfit on, shoes on, shoes off! It can easily be made more difficult by using heavier weights and starting the exercise early, which I did a few times. I LOVED it! Caroline's was equally as great working chest and triceps with p/u's and unwtd. chest/tricep/core work as finishers each time after the weight work. Format is :30/:30 and I loved how she takes her time getting into position!! Different than most instructors where you're scurrying around getting your weights, lie back on step, get those DB's up there and start, LOL. My arms were fried by the end, but I wanted a workout that focused on chest & tri's since I did bi's and back earlier in the week. Great cal burn of 386. Side note: my lower body was so sore from Heather's Brutal BOOty workout yesterday!!
28 - Meditation (another source); Cathe's Perfect 30 High Impact HiiT (30 min.); Perfect 30 Perfect Flow: Yoga Strength & Flexibility & Mobility Basics Express #1 (33 min.) Finally got my Cathe's yesterday! The HiiT workout was ok....lots of squat thrust variations (of which I didn't mind, I think I liked the ones with the surfer jumps the best). But sometimes when you're down in squat thrust mode, Cathe doesn't let you know you only have 1 or 2 left...so a lot of times I kept going when she stopped. This did pack a punch in 30 min., so it'll be good for a quick HiiT workout. (However, now that I discovered Heather's HiiT workout yesterday with no repeats and no jumping, it'll be hard to skip over that one and choose this one!;0)) Also, I think it'll be more fun done another week when I haven't done 2 HiiT workouts already this week...bad planning on my part!! The yoga was a good stretch, preferably for someone new to yoga...in hindsight, I wish I would've tried the mobility stretch by itself to find out what that is about. This premix combines the two and leaves out a few exercises from the Mobility workout. I've never done a so-called "mobility" workout (IIRC?), so it'll be nice to have this in my collection for the future. (I wasn't surprised that the yoga stretch was a "Cathe-like yoga" practice similar to her older yoga stretches which I had anticipated. If I wasn't into yoga so much and enjoy my level right now, Cathe's stretch would be fine. Who knows? Maybe it'll be all I want to do one day when I can't do chats any longer)! I didn't notice the music in either workout, so it must've not been annoying! Looking forward to
trying more from the P30 series!
29 - Meditation (Biblical source); IDT Yang & Yin (Travis - 47 min.) Love this class with 1/2 power yoga and 1/2 yin. It felt great after a few days of tough workouts!
30 - Meditation (Biblical source); Yvette Fit #15 Boot Camp Cardio & Core (58 min.); Perfect 30 (Mobility Basics); 45 min. Yard Work; 1 mile walk Yay - Yvette's class was a very fun BC circuit! It uses a stability ball and lighter weights (5's, 8's, & 15's). I was happy to use lighter weights today to conserve more energy, LOL. The intensity really sneaks up as you progress, though - liked it a lot! I had a 434 cal burn. There wasn't anything I haven't seen before in Mobility Basics from doing my yoga classes, but I'm glad to have all the exercises in one workout which will be helpful when wanting some TLC for my joints. That Groin Stretch (which didn't feel great for my hips) I think I will replace with the original Thread The Needle pose (that works legs) in the future. I thought sure she'd include that one! She includes "Thread The Needle" for the ARMS but not for legs. Boo. The "Trace The Rainbow" stretch felt great for my wonky shoulders, though...
31 - HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! Meditiation (10 min.); Five Parks Yoga (Let Go Vinyasa Flow - 55 min.) This was nice and just what I needed today. As I was doing some of Erin's poses, I got to thinking about mobility workouts again and DUH(!), I totally forgot all about having Debbie Sieber's Total Body Solution which certainly can be termed a mobility dvd and a great one at that. (Also Strong Knees for the lower body). I think Debbie's focuses more on each body part than Cathe's, but it's nice to have both in my collection when injuries and discomfort occur.

I can NOT believe I made it to 46 days of consistency with my meditations!!! Never in a million years did I think I could stick with this! I think the trick is that I realized I can sit in a chair (and not have to lie down) with my eyes OPEN and still concentrate. Hoping to at least finish out the year but taking it day to day...
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 03:35 PM  
Luv2WO

Here!

1. PBL SIS Arms with Weights, Side Cincher Workout, TBL Graceful Strength, 20 min walk, Essentrics PM Stretch
2. PBL SIS Lean Lower Body, SIS Powerhouse workout
3. PBL SIS Core with More, Sculpt and Shred Arm Workout, TBL Full Body Barre
4. TBL Relax and Replenish, PBL Ultimate Flexibility Complete Body Stretch, SIS Abs, Butt and Thighs
5. Essentrics AM workout, TBL Gentle Morning Pilates Routine
6. TBL Strength and Mobility, Essentrics Leg Toning and Quad Stretch with Amanda
7. Barre3 Balance, Ballet Beautiful Mat Stretch
8. Essentrics Express Waist Toning with Gail, TBL Graceful Strength
9. TBL Strength + Stress Relief Lower Body Sculpt and Core Strength, Ballet Beautiful Outer and Inner Thighs, IDT Yin Yoga for sleep
10. Barre3 Lift, 30 min walk
11. Ballet Beautiful Total Body Workout
12. TBL Strength and Stress Relief Upper Body Tone and Relax and Release, 30 min walk
13. Barre3 Wisdom, BB Mat Stretch
14. Barre3 45 Minute with Dustin (youtube), BB Outer Thighs workout, 30 min walk
15. Barre3 30 Minute Cardio with Andrew, TBL Strength and Stress Relief Back, Hips and Booty, BB Hip Stretch
16. TBL Sculpt, Sweat and Strengthen, BB Hip Stretch
17. Barre3 45 Minute Strength with Dustin, 2 - 30 minute walks, BB Hip Stretch
18. Barre3 45 Minute Cardio with Allison, 30 min walk, BB Hip Stretch
19. Barre3 Strength Focus with Marissa, TBL Pilates with Weights, BB Hip Stretch
20. TBL Stretching and Tension Release, Side-Lying Pilates workout
21. Barre3 30 Minute Cardio with Jordan, TBL Jumpstart Abs and Core, Essentrics Live Workout with Gail, BB Hip Stretch
22. Barre3 45 min Strength Conditioning with Christa Joy, BB Outer Thighs and Hip Stretch
23. Barre3 30 Min Cardio with Katie, TBL Graceful Strength, Muscle Release Workout
24. Rest Day - Stretch, 40 minute walk
25. Essentrics 30 min Live workout with Amanda from Thursday, Ballet Beautiful Beginning Mat workout, Arabesque Lifts, Bridal Posture
26. Barre3 30 Minute Strength with Marissa, Ballet Beautiful 15 Minute Abs, Essentrics Live workout with Maude,
27. TBL Travel Day Workout, 5-Day Jumpstart Arms and Back, PBL Upper Back Stretch
28. Barre3 45 Minutes with Marissa, 30 min walk
29. Callanetics 10/10, 15 minute walk
30. Barre3 45 Minute Cardio with Christa Joy, 40 min walk, BB Hip Stretch
31. Barre3 45 Min Strength Conditioning with Andrew
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 03:49 PM  
tangerine

** October **

Experimenting with reducing frequency/intensity this month to stop the scale creeping up

October 1 - Barlates Mat Express - this is an ab workout, altho the title doesn't really make that clear. Did 20 minutes of it before she started doing the hundred (I HATE the hundred!!). It was a decent workout otherwise. + Barlates Front of Thigh Back of Thigh Hamstring Portion + stretches (~35m)
❉ October 2 - Skip day
October 3 - Firm Total Body Shaping Mix first 30 mins + a lot of stretching
❉ October 4 - Skip day
❉ October 5 - Grocery shopping, no workout
October 6 - Fitprime Strong Bear first 40 mins - this is a weird workout...it feels disjointed and the music choices are strange. Don't think I will be repeating this one. + 20 mins of stretching
❉ October 7 - Skip day
October 8 - Jeff Chand Qigong for shoulders neck tension, strength (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL2-7wxZdB0) - enjoyed this one
October 9 - Jeff Chand Qigong to soften tension https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNLReAiKJZY - not my favorite + yoga nidra guided meditation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H0FKzeuVVs)
❉ October 10 - Skip day
October 11 - Jeff Chand Qigong to calm and clear the mind (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbjrafxW6rA&t=260s) - pretty good routine + did some deep breathing with this nifty tool (slowed down to .75 speed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdbbtgf05Ek
❉ October 12 - Skip day
❉ October 13 - Skip day
❉ October 14 - Firm Maximum Body Sculpting with Tracy Long (first 30m)
❉ October 15 - Skip skip skip
❉ October 16 - Hasfit 20 minute Standing Workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KggZkh7i1s) + stretches
❉ October 17 - 19 - nothing to report
❉ October 20 - Barlates Target 10 Arms + Barlates Target 10 Barre Lower Body
❉ October 21-25 - nada
❉ October 26 - Barlates Stamina 50 reps glutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbMofoYzVAM- Linda is crazy! Only did the first 20 minutes, which was the first set. Too much work on all fours for me, and the standing leg was really feeling it both sides, it all burrrrnnnneed. Still nice to try something new, might try her inner thigh Stamina 50 next.
❉ October 27 - Grocery shopping day - went to Wegman's, got sticker shock at a lot of the prices ($7 for a dozen organic eggs and the same for 1 can of tuna!! ) so only a half hour walking around the store. Think I'll stick to my regular stores and Costco. I have DOMS in glutes and obliques today, unusual for a Barlates workout, usually I don't get any (even if I think I will at the time).
❉ October 28 - skip
❉ October 29- AM Callanetics (25m)
❉ October 30 - skip
❉ October 31 - skip
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 04:07 PM  
Dontmindthemess

In for October!
1-19. Some spinning and random workouts I realized most workouts I enjoy really use the shoulders!!
20. Yvette Cardio Kettlebell Workout (61 min) From Yvette’s new website, these workouts are the same as her YouTube workouts, filmed in her studio with participants. The intensity of this was similar to her newer offerings, and thankfully not as intense as some of her earlier workouts. The music was not brand name either, I even recognized a song from Cathe live. I really did enjoy the workout, it had a lot of kickboxing moves in it, which I’ve been missing. Yvette took a break at the 45 minute mark and I thankfully didn’t need to take one earlier than that. It definitely wasn’t her hardest workout (not that I could even do that right now), but it was sweaty and had great variety. I haven’t really checked out many of the workouts (I think there’s 70 right now) but they seem like they’re all like her YouTube workouts. The website is a little bare bones, but it’s absolutely functional and I had no problems using it. I’d like a favorite button just to help keep track. I got the yearly subscription for $69, which I think is a good deal for the amount of content.
21. Yvette Bosu Cardio Core (58) Fun sweaty Bosu workout! Quite a few thruster and plank moves in this one, I think the first exercise is a thruster with a jump on and off the Bosu. It’s more fun than it sounds. There is a break at 39 minutes and Yvette does a few exercises with the Bosu flipped over. Then she has you pull out a mat and put it under the Bosu, but the cardio isn’t over. I would definitely do this one again.
22. Yvette Step/Bodyweight/Back/Biceps (1:06) Yvette uses a step with three risers. The format is back (or biceps), a Bodyweight cardio interval (a burpee or frog jump type of exercise), a cardio interval (may or may not use the step). There’s a break at 38 mins and then Yvette changes the format and its cardio or burpees which was much easier. And in true Yvette style she ends with about 10-15 minutes of step cardio using 2 risers. I didn’t preview this and it was tougher than I had anticipated. The back to back cardios had me huffing and puffing. Loved this format and it really flew by until the step segment at the end. I was totally ready to wrap it up by then!
23. Peloton 45 min 80s Rock Ride Leanne 8/19/20
24. Yvette Big Step Heavy Weights (1:08) This was pretty similar to the one I did the other day but with Chest and Triceps, but it felt tougher, probably because Yvette uses the step less for the thruster exercises, most are on the floor. Yvette uses 3 risers but I’m sure it would still be tough with 2! She sandwiches in a few shoulder exercises between the chest and triceps sections. I was considering the new Fitbit, I saw it at Sam’s for a decent price but then I decided to just use my charge 2. 510 calories!
25. Peloton 45 min Yacht Rock Jenn 9/20/20
26. Yvette Killer Step Leg Workout (1:03) 2 risers on the step. It’s basically longer step cardio circuits with leg conditioning exercises. There’s not too many burpee style moves in this, maybe two but this felt tough today!! It’s my seventh day in a row but I’m not able to work out tomorrow so I thought I’d squeeze this in. There’s a few shoulder moves so I subbed them with biceps and triceps when I could and just upped the weights a little. I’ll have to revisit this on a day a feel fresher and see what I think. 518 calories.
27. Rest
28. Yvette Low impact Kickboxing Good for an easy day, which I needed today, but nowhere near normal Yvette intensity. 373 calories.
29. Yvette Step/Back/Biceps Circuits Tough with the step with 3 risers!!! 469 calories
30. Tonique Infinity 3 SCARY!! I got my scary one in and I blame Char! I am not in Tonique shape and my kicks were pathetic so I just went at my own speed and took extra little breaks to shake out my legs when I needed it. What I really need to do is a Tonique a week next month. The only way to get into Tonique shape is by doing them. Maybe Tonique Tuesdays? 362 calories.
31. Yvette Bosu & Cardio Mash-up! (60) My legs are sore from Tonique yesterday!!! Those curtsy lunges got me good. This Yvette was moderate in intensity than the step ones I’ve done over the past couple weeks. It’s high impact and had thruster exercises but it seemed to move a hair slower. Great workout for me today. The first part uses 5 lb weights for what I would call heavy boxing exercises, I used 4 lbs. After the break Yvette uses a 15 lb kettlebell and 15 lb dumbbells. 426 calories.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 04:41 PM  
Tammie M

October

4 - Bonnie Geer TLP Revolutions: Functional Strength
5 - Jessica Smith Walk On: 6 Mile Mix - Miles 2 & 3 + Classical Stretch Season 8: 804
6 - Tracie Long G-Force 1
7 - Winsor Pilates Ball Workout
11 - Jeanne Anne Copleston TLP Revolutions: Core Foundations
12 - Jessica Smith Walk On: 6 Mile Mix - Miles 4 & 5 + Classical Stretch Season 8: 812 + 1 mile walk with DH
13 - Margaret Richard Sculpture: Upper Body
14 - Winsor Pilates Power Sculpting + Winsor Pilates Ab Sculpting
15 - Chalene Johnson PiYo: Buns + Misty Tripoli Body Groove Delicious Dance: Stretch & Flex
16 - Cindy Thorp TLP Revolutions: Dynamic Strength & Power
17 - Jessica Smith Walk On: 6 Mile Mix - Miles 1 & 6
18 - TLP Revolutions: Nitty Gritty + Dina Matty/Keft Burdell Pilates with Workout Circle
19 - Chalene Johnson PiYo: Strength Intervals + Misty Tripoli Body Groove Delicious Dance: Mind & Body
20 - Margaret Richard Good 'n Strong Vol 1
21 - Jessica Smith Walk On: Walk Off Belly Fat 5 Days a Week - Day 1 Premix
22 - TLP Revolutions: The Whole Shebang
23 - Chalene Johnson PiYo: Sculpt
24 - Margaret Richard Good 'n Strong Vol 2
25 - Jessica Smith Walk On: Walk Off Belly Fat 5 Days a Week - Day 5 Premix
26 - Exhale Core Fusion 30 Day Sculpt: Week 3, Day 3 + Gilad Quick Fit: Body Sculpting - Hips, Thighs and Buns + Abs
27 - Gilad Quick Fit: Classic Cardio + Classical Stretch Season 8: 819
28 - Chalene Johnson Turbo Fire: Low HIIT 20
29 -Exhale Core Fusion 30 Day Sculpt: Week 5, Day 3 + Gilad Quick Fit: Body Sculpting - Chest and Back + Shoulders and Arms
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 04:45 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I'm in ~

1 Planned Rest Day
2 Unplanned Rest Day
3 Faithful Workouts - Total Body Workout #18 - 28 minutes
4 Walk - 35 minutes; Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Retreat, day 4 - Embrace & Empower - 15 minutes

5 Walk - 30 minutes; Lauren Gleisburg - Chest, Triceps & Abs - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Retreat, day 3 - Stretch & Soothe - 20 minutes
6 Walk - 30 minutes; Lauren Gleisburg - Back & Biceps - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - Pilates for Tight Hips - 15 minutes
7 Kelly Coffey Meyer - 30 MTF Start Here, Workout #2 - 30 minutes
8 Walk - 25 minutes; Pilates Nest - PNMC - Day 1 Pilates Foundations - 10 minutes
9 KCM - 30 MTF Quick Fix Cardio Workout 1 - 25 minutes
10 KCM - 30 MTF Home Interval Workout 1 - 30 minutes
11 Planned Rest Day

12 KCM - 30 MTF Sculpting Rx Workout 2 - 35 minutes
13 Walk - 25 minutes; KCM - 30 MTF Muscle Endurance - Ab Workout - 10+ minutes
14 KCM - 30 MTF Total Body Kickboxing - Workout 1 - 10 minutes (before I Joni O-ed it); Faithful Workouts - Hit it Hard for 25 - 25 minutes
15 Planned Rest Day
16 Jessica Smith - YT: Fusion Sculpt - 30 minutes
17 Jessica Smith - YT: Fusion Mat Flow - 25 minutes
18 Jessica Smith - YT: Stride & Strength II - 34 minutes

19 Walk - 30 minutes; Pahla B - Easy, Enjoyable Weight Loss (Cardio & Strength Workout) - 23 minutes
20 Walk- 25 minutes; Pahla B - Knee Friendly Cardio Endurance Low Impact Workout - 27 minutes
21 Walk - 30 minutes; Cathe - LITE: Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower - Timesaver #3 - 25 minutes
22 Planned Rest Day
23 Cathe - LITE: Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper - Timesaver #9 - 21 minutes
24 Cathe - LITE: Rev'd Up Rumble - Timesaver #5 - 31 minutes
25 Unplanned Rest Day

26 Cathe - LITE: Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower - Timesaver #3 - 25 minutes; Debbie Siebers - Slim Series Express: 6 Minute Abs - 6 minutes
27 Cathe - Perfect 30: Low Impact Hiit & Extended Stretch - 39 minutes; Lindsay Brin - YT - CFS Method - Workout #1 - 10 minutes
28 Cathe - LITE: Metabolic Blast - Basic Premix #1 - 46 minutes
29 Planned Rest Day
30 Bar Method - Focus on Breathe - 45 minutes
31 Unplanned Rest Day

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 04:47 PM  
T2B

october 2020...

1. XTRAIN: Burn Sets Biceps & Triceps (1 set + finishers, 17 mins) + TAE BO: 20 Rounds
2. XTRAIN: Legs (standing only) + ZUMBA EXHILARATE: RUSH + 15mins of Yv2: RIO
3. CATHE LIVE: Love Me Some Kickbox + ZUMBA EXHILARATE: Rush + Total Body Stretch Ball Workout #1
4. VHSunday !!! KRISTEN KAGEN: Step This Way. Love! Awesome workout. Some of the combos came back to me but I had forgotten how athletic this is as well. Kristen is a great cue-er. So even though I was on the wrong foot or the wrong side of the step I could still keep up with her cueing. After 40 minutes I had to go to the floor (no step) because I was sweating and breathless. I’d like to revisit this and work on staying on the right foot with the crew. Great music, lots of fun. Total time is 75 minutes, Step/cool down is 65 minutes, 5 minute abs and 5 minute stretch. 7500+ steps.

5. CATHE LIVE: Metabolic Mish Mosh. Morning Break: KEONI: 1800 Steps. P.M. KEONI: 3300 Steps
6. LITE: Cardio Party + FIT|SPLIT: Just Kickboxing. Still not a huge fan of Cardio Party. The combos go on too long.
7. rest day...
8. SUPREME 90: Tabata Inferno + Yv2: Move Your Body!. Used Tabata Inferno more as a companion template (great to have Tom keep time for me) and subbed most of the exercises with my favorite Cathe moves. I had written substitute exercises on my worksheets years ago so didn’t have to waste any time thinking of something to do on the fly. Nice to hang out with my favorite Yv2 crew, too!
9. XTRAIN: Cardio Leg Blast Timesaver 7-12 Premix + Yv2: RIO. I’m so tired today, glad it’s a 3 day weekend!
10. VHSaturday!!!Powerstrike Millennium 3 + WALK STRONG 3: 1 Mile of Motivation
11. Another VHSunday!!! Yv2: Sweat Sensation + RIPPED WITH HIIT: Lift It Chest, Shoulders, Back Timesaver 2 Sets + Finishers + CHRISTI TAYLOR’S Hi/Lo Heaven Stage 1 & Stage 2. Hi/Lo Heaven is still awesome. It had been so long since I last did it that I had forgotten her background talent are all men. Great music, too! I need to work on copying all my VHS tapes to DVD. RWH 2 sets + finishers kicked my butt. That was hard. I may go back to 1 set + finishers.

12. CATHE: Lean Legs & Abs Compound Legs + Chair/Firewalker + Yv2: MYB Yv2: Rock It Out. Did about 15 minutes of Essentrics Balance (Season 13) before I went to bed. Beautiful location.
13. XTRAIN: Burn Sets Biceps & Triceps (2 sets) + HARDCORE SERIES: Kickmax (w/u, combos 1 - 4, stretch, 40 minutes). The first part of Kickmax has always been a favorite. I know it doesn’t get a lot of love but I think it’s great. Not a fan of the other parts of the workout but love the kickbox and stretch. I talked about my new shoes last month, Ryka Tenacity, and have now decided that they are not great for impact workouts. Good for dance, walking and strength dvds. Too late to send them back. Boo!. P.M.Yv2: Move Your Body
14. LIS: Cardio Supersets + Yv2: Rock It Out!. Started using my Ryka Devotion XT that I bought a couple of years ago. They always felt too cushiony, like I had pillows on my feet and too roomy. Re-did the laces and can deal better with the pillowy feel. P.M. Yv2: Sweat Sensation.
15. AMY DIXON: Breathless Body 1 + DENISE AUSTIN: Burn Fat Fast Cardio Blast (w/u + Kickboxing). Denise’s workout is a perfect little step booster, it has four 10 minute workouts and warm-up/stretch. Music off option plus pick and choose. P.,M. DA: BFFCB Retro Aerobics & Cardio Dance + cool-down. Retro Aerobics reminded me of Cathe’s MIC.
16. INTENSITY SERIES: Kick, Punch & Crunch w/u + core + KATHY SMITH: Stretch & Flex + Yv2: Move Your Body
17. Cathe’s Great Glutes (Compound Legs + Disc Legs) + ZUMBA EXHILIRATE: Rush & Step By Step. Step x Step was spur of the moment. I actually enjoyed it. It has at least 3 step by step variations of each of Zumba core dance moves (Merengue, Salsa, Reggaeton, Calypso, Cumbia, and Belly Dance) and clocks in at 57 minutes. If I use this again it will be mainly to boost my step count while listening to a podcast. A no sweat, easy breezy, routine.
18. XTRAIN: Burn Sets Biceps & Triceps (2 sets each) + VHSunday!!! TAE BO: Advance Live Volume 2. Lost 8 of my COVID 15 pounds. P.M. Yv2: Work It! Shake It!. Cleaned out my garage.

19. CATHE LIVE: Metabolic Meltdown + DENSIE AUSTIN: Burn Fat Fast Cardio Blast - Cardio Dance. First time doing Metabolic Meltdown. Picked it because it was my shortest Cathe Live to do on a Monday morning. Definitely a sweatfest and I liked it a lot; the pace is good for using heavier weights. P.M. Yv2: Rock It Out!
20. CATHE LIVE: Love Me Some Kickbox + KEONI: 2600 Steps.
21. RIPPED WITH HIIT: Chest, Shoulders, Back, & Rear Delts 1 set only, 20 mins + Yv2: Sweat Sensation[
22. RIPPED WITH HIIT: Legs (w/u, 1-6, stretch, 25 mins) + ZUMBA EXHILIRATE: Activate. Activate is a lot of fun. May go into my hall of fame rotation with my beloved Yv2.
23. rest day...
24. Recovery day workouts today. Kind of exhausted from being in the office for the week so taking it easy today. Keoni Reps to the Rhythm 15 minute Retro Cardio Workout (lots of fun) + Yv2: Rock it Out!. P.M. Yv2: Move Your Body
25. Started my workout with a dose of sunshine - KEONI: 15 Min Retro Cardio Workout. Next XTRAIN: Burn Sets Chest, Back & Shoulders (1 set + burn set) + VHSunday: CIA2KO1 w/Gay Gasper - Hi/Lo. CIA2KO1 was still in shrink wrap. There are 2 workouts, the other is a step routine. I think I bought this when Greg had a sale of all his VHS workouts. It is an awesome hi/lo workout. Lots of fun. I’m looking forward to doing the step workout.

26. STS: Plyo Legs # 26, Rounds 1 -7 + KEONI: 15 Min Retro Cardio . Rain, rain and more rain today. P.M. Yv2: Work It! Shake It
27. RIPPED WITH HiiT: Biceps & Triceps (2 sets) + TAE BO: Billy’s Favorite Moves. By the end of TAE BO I was sweating like a soaker hose. P.M. Yv2: Sweat Sensation
28. X10 Warm-up + PERFECT 30: Hight Impact HiiT. I enjoyed HIH. I like doing squat thrusts and terminator climbers. Thankful for different variations and that Cathe didn’t do too many reps. A few less jumping jacks & tuck jumps would have been great. Ms. Bobblehead was up to her old shenanigans. 3 series later and she still hasn’t gotten rid of that bad habit, very distracting. Did y’all know that Cedie had a baby around March? I was surprised to read that on Cathe’s website (old thread). Came back to say that I love Cathe’s pants and that the background scenery is beautiful. Lots of visual interest.
29. LITE: Rev’d Up Rumble + ZUMBA EXHILIRATE: Activate. P.M. KEONI: 12 minute Cardio Kickboxing.
30. CATHE LIVE: Metabolic Meltdown + Yv2: MYB. P.M. Yv2: WISI
31. PERFECT30: Low Impact HIIT + ZUMBA EXHILARATE: Exhilarate. 2 very good workouts. I enjoyed Low Impact Hiit. Loved the moves and that Cathe didn’t do a crazy amount of reps. Loved Cathe’s pants. Exhilarate is a 60 minute Zumba workout with Beto leading. Dude is hot as h#!!. He’s a beautiful man. Lol. Enjoyed the workout but has very little cueing, easy to pick up especially if you have done other Zumba workouts.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 05:09 PM  
Cher

Going to try doing the Flexibility and Beyond program from IDTV. It’s 8 weeks and every other day so it might work for me. We’ll see how long I last. Hopefully at least a month.

Week 1

September
28. IDTV Flexibility and Beyond Foundations
29. Prevention 321.
30. IDTV Flexibility and Beyond Hips. My hips felt so good after this one

October

1. IMax 4 step combos only premix and upped my step to 6 inches mainly to raise my HR a little mores since this premix is short and fairly low impact.

2. IDTV Flexibility and Beyond (F&B) Spine. I’m surprised I’m noticing a difference already in my body stiffness just in the few days I’ve done this program.

3. Leslie Sansone Tone Every Zone

4. IDTV F&B Bliss. This one was pretty much like not doing much. I guess it was more for your mind. There was one pose that I had a bit of trouble with and thought it was odd thrown in here with the rest of it just a lot of laying around.

Week 2

5. IDTV F&B Ultimate. My brain had a hard time staying focused though. I also got DH out for a walk but he wanted to turn around way before I did.

6. Step Sync warm-up and combo 3, then workout 2 of KCM Muscle Up / Lift to be Fit. Also went for about a 30 minute walk in the afternoon.

7. IDTV F&B Fountain of Youth. also a 20 minute walk in the afternoon.

8. KCM Muscle Up / Lift to Be Fit Workout 1

9. IDTV F&B 30 minute Bonus workout. I was getting ready to go up north so didn’t have an hour to spend but wanted to make an attempt to do my Friday Yin Yoga so did this Bonus instead of the hour one the rotation called for.

10. Up north at the cabin - walked about 30 minutes with my mom.

11. Drove home from the cabin. Went for a 30 minute walk later in the day after unpacking and stuff.

Week 3

12. IDTV F&B Splits. This one was a bit hard for me. I had to figure a few modifications. Also went for a 40 minute walk after lunch.

13. Kathy Smith Total Body Turnaround Circuit Section and Leslie’s Walk Off Fat Fast 20 Minute Walk.

14. IDTV F&B Upper Body.

15. The first 30 minutes of Kari Andersen’s Body Tech then forwarded to the weight work and finished up the video.

16. The Leg section of Kathy Smith’s Staying Strong and IDTV F&B Foundations.

17. Warm-up and combos 1 & 2 of Cathe’s Cardio and Weights and combos 1-4 of Party Rockin Step #1. A favorite of mine!

18. It was chilly and I felt lazy so took it as a rest day.

19. IDTV F&B Hips (This is my favorite one). I was busy doing bills, cooking, etc., but none of that got me any steps. I didn’t even have 3000 steps after dinner! It was too cold and rainy to walk outside so I ended up going down the basement and put in Leslie’s Walk Blaster dvd (the one with the 10 minute walk segments) and did Short & Sweaty and Brisk & Steady just to pump up my count a little.

Well I’m thinking I might have had enough Flexibility and Beyond for now. I have noticed a big difference just in doing F&B even for just the couple weeks that I did it. I’m still going to try to continue some Yin Yoga maybe twice a week but 3 - 4 times is just to much for me right now. I just feel like I need to get in a little more strength and cardio.

20. Jessica Smith’s Get Strong Steppin Strength workout.

21. Jessica Smith Jog and Jive and IDTV F&B Short and Sweet. Then went for about a 20 minute walk in the afternoon since the sun was out and it was in the 50’s. Since my SIL was at her house here, I stopped and picked up the puppy to go with me.

22. KCM Body Training workout #1

23. It was so nice outside in the morning, I just couldn’t pass up one last (unbundled up) walk outside. It ended up being about an hour. By afternoon clouds came in, wind started blowing and temps dropped about 20 degrees.

24. My own shortened up mix of Cathe’s Terminator The Viper workout. I did the first two intervals as is skipping the lower body work, then the last 2 intervals I did just the IMax 2 step combos & upper body. Brought the workout down to about 50 minutes from 1 hour 20 minutes.

25. IDTV Sweet Stroll. Nice gentle yoga workout. This one had no music which is fine but after doing F&B for a few weeks I sort of missed the background music.

26. I had to be at my SIL’s to take care of my MIL early this morning so just did a quick walking workout off YouTube......Rick Bhuller Fitness 20 Minute Fast Walk.

27. Perfect 30 Pump Lower Body. I did the premix with the main workout, bonus add-on and extended stretch. I really liked it. No repeats and not a million reps. This one will get used a lot.

28. Perfect Hiit Pyramid Cardio Hiit Bonus....19 minutes and includes the warm-up and short stretch. Nice little bonus. You can make this one as hard or easy as you want by the step height you use (or can easily use no step) or how much jumping you want to do. It’s pretty basic moves done pyramid style (20 seconds twice, 25 seconds twice, 30 seconds once, then back down) and not any complicated step moves. I just used my step platform and did some jumping to try it out. Since I’m not a Hiit fan at all, this bonus premix has probably saved the dvd for me and made it worth keeping for me, it’s about my Hiit tolerance. I still haven’t tried either of the main workouts yet. I plan on trying the Low Impact Hiit next week.....can’t guarantee I will ever try High Impact Hiit though. Lol.
After doing this premix, I did Perfect Flow Mobility Basics. It was okay. Different from anything I already have so that’s good.

29. Perfect Pump Upper Body

30. My mom and I raked leaves up at the cabin for 3 hours and lugged 14 tarps full of leaves into the woods. Thank goodness my dad was riding the riding lawn mower around the whole time and doing the leaves that way too or we would have never gotten done.

31. Up at the cabin so nothing official.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 05:10 PM  
donnamp

October!

1 - Jessica Smith: 20 Min Fat Burning Cardio; Jessica Valent: Full Body Opening Routine; outdoor walk
2 Jessica Valent - Leg Power Workout, Jessica Smith 12 Min Upper Body Circuit Walk, Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility; outdoor walk
3- Ellen B - Walk w/ Weights; Sunrise Stretch; outdoor walk
4- CS 1302 (standing only); Trifecta Pilates - Yoga Pilates Fusion, Pahla B -20 Min Total Body Toning For Beginners, outdoor walk
5 - Ellen - Slim Sculpt; outdoor walk
6 - Ellen - Dancing Barefoot, Yoga w/ Adriene - Hips & Low Back Release; outdoor walk
7- Jessica - HIIT For Beginners - Walking Intervals; Fruit of the Spirit (Unshaken Yoga/Faithful Workouts) Beginner Yoga - Love; outdoor walk
8 - Faithful Workouts/Fruit of the Spirit - Beginner Cardio Sculpt "Love"; Trifecta Pilates Short Classic Flow, Jessica Valent Pilates - Routine for Neck Pain; outdoor walk
9 - Angie Fitness TV - Fit Over 40 Series, Day 1 (Low impact aerobics), Yoga w/ Kassandra 10 Min Morning Yoga
10 - Angie Fitness TV - Fit Over 40 Series, Day 2 (Upper Body), Yoga w/ Kassandra 30 day challenge day 1 and 2; outdoor walk
11 - Angie Fitness TV - Fit OVer 40 Series, Day 3 (Step cardio), Yoga w/ Kassandra 30 day challenge day 3 and yoga stretch; barn chores (volunteer work)
12 - Blessful Body - Fall Into Balance Challenge Day 1; Angie Fitness TV - Fit Over 40 Series, Day 4 (lower body floowork); short drizzly outdoor walk
13 - Blessful Body - Fall Into Balance Challenge Day 2; Jessica Valent Pilates - Seated Workout w/ Weights and Scoliosis Routine; outdoor walk
14 - Blessful Body - Fall Into Balance Challenge Day 3; Ellen - Prayer Flow; Jessica Valent Pilates - 5 Min Shoulder Routine; outdoor walk
15 - Angie Fitness TV - Rock Solid Powe Walk; Blessful Body - Fall into Balance Challenge Day 4; outdoor walk
16 - Jessica Valent Pilates - Cardio Barre w/ Guest Instructor Lauren George; Blessful Body - Fall into Balance Challenge Day 5; outdoor walk
17 - Jenny Ford - Live Step Workout for beginners (You Tube), Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - Floor Practice; outdoor walk
18 - Ellen B - Upper Body Blast, Quick Fix, Zen Stretch; horse show walking
19 - Pahla B - Knee Friendly Cardio Endurance; Moving Mango - (YT) - Fall Challenge Day 1 (part 1)
20 - Jessica Valent - Gentle Pilates; short outdoor walk (post flu shot recovery day)
21 - Jessica Smith - 21 Day Program - Low Impact HIIT, Moving Mango (YT) - Fall Challenge Day 1 (part 2); outdoor walk
22 - Team Body Project - 30 Min Low Impact Cardio, Jessica Valent - Pilates for Scoliosis; outdoor walk
23 - Pahla B - Weight Loss Cardio & Strength; Jessica Valent - Booty Burner, Strong Ankle, Hip and Knee routine; outdoor walk
24 - Jenny Ford - Zombie Step, CS 1024; outdoor walk
25 - Pahla B - Simple Essential Strength Training for Women Over 50; CS 1025; outdoor walk, yoga w/ adriene - Yoga for When You Are Dead Inside
26 - Lucy Wyndham Read - Wak & Ab Toner, CS 1026; 2 additional LWR workouts spread throughout the day
27 - Pahla B - 25 Min Weight Loss Power Walk; Jessica Valent - 2 upper body workouts (10 min each), Yoga w/ Kassandra - Yoga for Lower Back; outdoor walk
28 - Gina B- Dance that Walk Circuit Workout # 2 - I section cardio & upper,1 section cardio & lower, Yoga w/ Kassandra - Yoga for Hips and Lower back; CS 1028, outdoor walk
29 - Gina B - Halloween Dance/Walk (You Tube), Jessica Valent - Pilates for Hip Pain, CS 1030
30 - Blissasana Yoga (YT) - Morning Mobility Yoga; Jessica Valent - Lift those Buns Pilates
31 - Rest day
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 05:35 PM  
CharM

It's time for the scary workouts! (apologies that I don't remember who thought of the idea last year) Or you can do workouts for the BOOty! Don't forget those what will get your blood PUMPin and raise your spirts.

1. Jessica Smith - 3 miles from 6 Mile Mix; this time I did the Interval mile 2nd instead of last, because that made me a sweaty mess last time. I was still sweaty, but not as much. wu, speed, interval, steady, cd.
2. SCARY - BM Dancer's Body - in the words of Rocky Balboa to Clubber Lang: "You ain't so bad, you ain't so bad, you ain't nothin'." I'd put off doing this workout for quite a while because the reviews had me terrified, but it wasn't so bad. HOWEVER, now my left hamstring is acting up. ack! I hope it's nothing, but I'll have to wait and see. As for the abs, I had a ball behind me, because I thought I'd hurt myself if I tried to hold myself up without it.
3. Upper Pump - KCM, started with back and chest, then did shoulders, biceps, triceps. I also did a 10 minute Leslie "light walk". My glutes, calves, and triceps are sore from yesterday's workout. I almost forgot that I also raked late morning. I wore a sweatshirt to protect my arms from the pokey stuff since I tend to easily break out in a rash, but boy was I sweating!
4. Super Sculpt - Drills and band premix. I love this one.
5. BOOty - 1 mile Leslie walk to warm up, then Ballet Beautiful Classic bridges (painful but went by fast), outer thigh (didn't go by fast enough!), and standing (this one's only 3 minutes, can't complain).
6. nothing
7. BOOty Montenegro Method Strength Lower - this totally worked the glutes, but(t) thankfully your glutes get short breaks while she demonstrates some moves, and also during ab work. 10 Minute Torchers lower, which helped to finish setting those glutes on fire.
8. Leslie Slim & Sleek - all three miles because I didn't know what else to do and because I was too sore from the lower body to try anything else
9. Scari Love Ripped & Chiseled - warm up, legs, back, biceps
10 & 11 - guests visiting so probably no workout - no visitors, so we went to their place instead (3 hour drive each way) on my feet for quite a while, ate just once because that's their habit and although I didn't feel hungry, I was hungry by the time we got back home at nearly 10 pm but went straight to bed so I wouldn't feel it. Woke up achy and so tired! No exercise except for some tree trimming.
12. SCARY, BOOty workout - first, in my defense, I'm an idiot. I should have known not to try this workout after two days of no exercise, with one day feeling tired. I tried Tonique Born to Move 1.1, with someone's suggestion of doing 15 reps per side to make it a 40 minute workout. My heart rate was up, I was sweating, and I was actually not hating it, but ... I got to 28 minutes before I felt like I'd pass out. LOL! To make it worse, Fitbit didn't even give me credit for this workout. Oh, and there's a glitch not even 12 minutes into it. Am I going to ask Mary for a new one? Hell no! She might give to me and I don't even want it. I took a quick look at the others, and I think I might give workout 2 a try later this week.
13. ACE HIIT - upper body. But why isn't my lower body sore? I thought for sure BTM would have fried my glutes, but I guess doing only a quarter of it wasn't enough. LOL This ACE workout made me sweat, and breathe hard, so I think if I'd have done it Monday, it would have been worse. Finished with 10 minute Leslie upper.
14. nothing. I didn't sleep well because I had a dull pain in the front of my leg which I think it had to do with my hips because once I used a pillow between my legs to re-align them, the pain went away and I was able to sleep for hours. Or it could be a coincidence? Either way it worked, but I didn't know if I'd feel it in the morning and didn't want to wake up early if I wouldn't be able to exercise.
15. SCARY, BOOty workout - first, in my defense, I'm still an idiot. I don't know how you think that could have changed in such a short amount of time. This time I tried BTM workout 2, with 40 minutes (out of 52 total) as my goal. I made it to 30, plus maybe another minute after I hit the ff button because there was NO WAY I was going to attempt those low lunge switch + kick. Even then, I had to pause a bit because I thought my left glute would tighten up and not in a good way. So no, I didn't work the glutes evenly and I don't even care!
16. FreakY Friday - I got my freak on (I don't think that means what I think it means) with Jazzercise Boolesque 20 minute workout, then I did 26 minutes of BOOtcamp BOOgie because they were in the middle of some moves at the 25 minute mark and I can't be rude.
17. Boxfit Strength - no legs premix, Leslie - I thought I'd be nice to my legs by giving them a break. I didn't even want to do this workout, but I didn't want to do Jessica because I only wanted to work upper and thought her upper body workouts include lower body moves. During the workout I remembered that I have others that I could have done like JNL, Cathe, the Firm, but since KCM is front and center on my wall, it was easy to think that that's all I have. I'm going to have to hider her in my closet. I finished with Leslie 15 minutes WOFF
18. SCARY, BOOty workout Tonique Premier. I thought I'd go back to basics. I told myself I'd do all the squats (which I knew was 15 minutes) and at least 10 minutes of lunges (which I thought was 15 minutes as well, but it's actually 19). So I learned that I can squat until the cows come home, and that it's the lunges that are my nemesis! (nemessi? nemesoose?) Within the first few minutes I could tell my heart rate was up and I was sweating. I got through it and instead of stopping at 10, I stopped at the 12:30 or so mark for lunges because that's where the set ended and I didn't want to start a new one. I finished off with 10 minutes of Leslie. note: I didn't use weights, but I did follow her arm movements. I didn't mind the voiceover at all, and liked that she was there to count reps and let us know when something else was starting.
19. Leah SCAREago - Ballet Body Upper - all 40 something gruesome minutes of it. I really need to make notes; I thought the planks were "only" in the first chapter, but before I knew it we were 12 minutes in with no end in sight. At one point, I was thinking that Tonique wasn't as bad as this, but I wasn't in my right mind clearly. By night, my entire upper body and midsection was sore! Oh, and to solve the "KCM is the only thing I see" problem, I sent her north (upper shelf in my closet) for the winter! I actually left out 4 dvds because I know I'll miss her, but that's it!
20. Cathe FRIGHTrich - X-Train CLB strength only premix - I hadn't done this in ages! I had forgotten that she has short breaks after each exercise. I didn't always need them, but I liked that they were there. I used 15s or a 20/15, but now I know I could go heavier since there aren't endless reps. The 100 rep hip thrust challenge is on the same disc, so I did some without weight to get the hang of it, then some with a 15 db, but it didn't feel right, (I'd done about 40 reps total) so I went on the floor for bridge, 60 reps or so. Cathe is visiting from up north, and I think she'll stay for the winter.
21. Jessica Smith - I couldn't think of a way to butcher her name. 2 mile belly blasting or something with a belly in it. curses! I meant to play the 3 mile but didn't realize i'd chosen the wrong one until I started so I went with it.
22. Cathe FRIGHTrich again - TurboBarre w/u, barre leg conditioning, a few minutes of stretch. Those calf exercises!
23.Scream Stronger - this upper body workout actually made me want to cry out. I remember using 8s, but 5s now are a struggle. I'm going to have to work my way back. I then dropped to 3s, then 2s! I'm afraid to do her original (next scary workout?) because I remember that at one point I had to use no weight! (Squeeze)
24. Leslie - 3 miles of Five Mile Fat Burning Walk; then drove out of town to visit family (3 hour drive), drove back at night. We did this a few weeks ago, but I think that's enough. I'm doing none of the driving, but it's still tiring. Pre-virus we'd visit one side of the family, sleep at hotel, and visit the other side the next day. But now we're thinking, "What if we pick something up at the hotel?" We're super careful, but you never know; so then we'd take that along to whichever side we're visiting.
25.Ghoullian Maniacal - Haunt Body, Howling Mommy - yeah, I'm losing it. haha I did the core workout, following the intermediate moves or making it advanced when possible. This is perfect for when you've had a tiring day before but want to do something, anything.
26. rest, well I went grocery shopping which I think we've said kind of counts as a workout.
27. 10 Moonlit Tortures - (10 Minute Torchers) - KCM warm up, 4x10 MT (1 old, 3 new). I really liked dumbbell dynamite, there were some new moves that I'd never done, like a bicep curl in a deep runner's lunge. I don't know what else, but it got my heart rate up. For a couple of the workouts he says you just need one set of dbs but I had to use different weights to feel the work (10-20lb). Cathe cool down/stretch. Cathe is THE BEST at the warm up and cool down, but sometimes I'm just too lazy to get them out just for those parts.
28. Curse FRIGHT hag - (I'm having a little too much fun with these names.) ACE HIIT Core. I'd done this a while back but didn't remember if I liked it or not. I still don't know. lol It got my heart rate up but didn't wipe me out, which is a plus. I finished with Leslie 10 minute Tummy Trimmers. Just a few more days to do a scary workout or two.
29. Leah SCAREago, SHRILLwia Wiesenberg - what a scary combination! I did Leah's Upper Body plank chapters followed by Tonique Premier lunges. I did a little better in Leah's workout, I didn't want to cry, and I didn't skip any reps or rest until later in the workout. As for the lunges, I did rewind twice because 1. she didn't pulse for as long as she'd done on the first side, so she moved on the next exercise while I was still pulsing and 2. because there was a combo move where I wasn't sure which move she'd do first , squat/lunge or lunge/squat. My scary workouts are over! I'm just going to do fun stuff until I get to next month's box set workouts.
30. super sculpt - drills and box
31. super sculpt - band and step ups
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts