Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-23-20, 05:37 AM  
Cher

AnMrsDe, Great job finishing a week of meditations! My hips are just so tight that when I was checking out the Flexibility program, I noticed you do it every other day so I might be able to handle that....who knows, but I figured to get the most benefit and get the ball rolling, I might try it out as is. I doubt I will last through the whole rotation but hopefully I can make it at least 2 weeks. . I was looking trough the site and have found a lot of classes to try. I think I’m glad I ended up getting this for the year.

Yes, I did preorder Cathe’s Perfect 30. I think I’m most excited about the mobility workout.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 09:20 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks, Cher! Ya, I can't believe it myself! I even did another meditation this morning and I completed the challenge, LOL! If I just get into the habit....

And GREAT job to you --- you got your 2+ classes in this month already!! That's good that the Flexibility classes can be every other day. I love how they mark the classes you've done. I don't think they had that feature back in '18. I think this is going to be a hit for me and help me get back into more yoga again and some meditation classes!

Happy Hump Day!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 02:17 PM  
tangerine

AnMrsDe, she is doing okay, her teacher is very good and keeps them engaged and on task through the video calls. I don't envy teachers trying to keep 20+ kids attentive and on task whether virtual or in class.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 07:09 AM  
Cher

AnMrsDe, Goodto know you liked Mychal. So far I’m enjoying having this. I’m going to do the rest of the beginner workouts this week then maybe try some of the flexibility workouts next week.
Old 09-24-20, 10:38 AM  
Luv2WO

AnMrsDe and Cher - I joined IDT a few days ago. I decided it was too good of a deal to pass up. With all the stress and anxiety I have had this year, I feel like it is going to be a great purchase. I've been doing the Sleep Yin Yoga practices the last few nights and love them. This sounds weird but I have been emotional during the classes. I want to blame my hormones but I think it is more of an emotional release. Whatever it is, I have been sleeping so deep the last few nights so I will take it.

tangerine - Is your daughter doing homeschool? My 8 year old son is doing the online distance learning and some days are difficult. There is a reason I am not a teacher! Haha.

Have a great day everyone!
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 03:18 PM  
AnMrsDe

tangerine, I don't envy teachers this year either!! (Or homeschooling moms, for that matter!). It's hard for little ones to keep their attention on things that are on a screen, but it sounds like she has a great teacher!

Luv2WO,I hear you on the anxiety 2020 brought on! Emotional releases are so needed right now! That's great! Well, I did one of the Deep Sleep practices this afternoon so I better sleep good tonite, LOL! (That is, if I hold off on that nap now!) I really enjoyed that class...(see my check-in for details). Enjoy the site!

Clerkin, glad to hear Cathe Live's PHA Supersets is a fun one. I have it listed on my "to buy" Lives download list (and getting longer by the moment)!! That one sounds & looks incredible!

~~~Waves all around~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 07:07 AM  
Cher

Luv2WO, do you do the sleep practices right before bed like Travis says to do? I would really like to do that but not sure I want to do it right before bed. I like to watch my shows and then read right before bed. I should really try it though, since I normally sleep like crap and it might help.
Old 09-25-20, 10:40 AM  
Luv2WO

AnMrsDe - I agree that 48 minutes is too long! I have been doing the 30 minute classes that are part of the Sleep Well Yin program and that is enough for me. I hope you slept better last night!

Cher - I try to watch my shows first and then do the practice right before bed. It is hard to fit it all in but I am trying to improve my sleep. Travis posted on Instagram that Yin Yoga is the fountain of youth. I'm not sure if that is true but it sounds good. Haha!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 01:38 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2WO View Post

tangerine - Is your daughter doing homeschool? My 8 year old son is doing the online distance learning and some days are difficult. There is a reason I am not a teacher! Haha.

Have a great day everyone!
Hi Luv2WO - she is doing virtual/online learning too. Homeschool/async did not work for us in the Spring, she needs someone else keeping her on track. We just end up in power struggles if I try to be both teacher and Mom.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 08:24 AM  
Cher

Luv2WO - I’m definitely going to have to try to figure out a way to try that Yin Program before bed at some point soon. It sounds great.

Tags
just the workouts