Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-11-08, 03:20 PM  
sherry7899

new Leisa Hart Abs of Steel coming soon

Collage had this listed on their Coming Soon page.

I'm really glad to see her back doing the "Steel" workouts. I really like her personality, but did not like any of her "Sexy" series, or Gym in a Box, or the "Core Bar" workouts. I think the last ones of hers I liked were the ones that used the 2lb, 4lb and 6lbs medicine balls...the Ballaero workouts.
Although I haven't done them in ages.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-08, 03:21 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Yeah, me too. I haven't liked any of her releases since BOS 2000 Platinum series. I see they have a Buns of Steel coming out along with Abs of Steel - I hope it includes floor work. Exciting!
Old 12-11-08, 04:41 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I am excited, too, to see that Leisa is releasing more "Steel" workouts. I love ab workouts, so I am particularly interested in that one. I just hope that Leisa remembers to do both sides when she's doing obliques. On both Abs of Steel 3 & Abs & Arms of Steel, she does just one side, she never does the other side! At least this time if she does neglect to do the other side, it will be easier to rewind to do the other side since it will be a dvd.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-08, 05:40 PM  
ruby2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_real_twit
Yeah, me too. I haven't liked any of her releases since BOS 2000 Platinum series. I see they have a Buns of Steel coming out along with Abs of Steel - I hope it includes floor work. Exciting!

I'm a little surprised she can use old workout titles, and it's not a remake of Buns Of Steel. According to College it's all standing work, not much if any floor work. She should of just done a "Best Of" like Tamilee did.

http://www.collagevideo.com/item.aspx?item=5616
ruby2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-08, 10:29 AM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

I found a different clip here:http://video.hollywoodupclose.com/vi...f_Steel/#61931
Old 12-27-08, 12:29 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I broke down & bought this dvd

I saw this dvd at FYE on sale for $9.99, & I went ahead & got it. It has a lot of different abs workouts on it: standing, seated, yoga, pilates, flowing, & a 5 minute bonus "intense" abs workout, & maybe some more abs workouts, I don't remember. The workouts range from 5-10 minutes long.

I tried the standing & seated abs (10 min. each) + the bonus 5 minutes section. I am one of those that doesn't get too much out of standing or seated abs workouts, but I do like to do them. The standing & seated workouts on this dvd were subtle, I could feel them, but it wasn't killer. There is a big variety of moves, & the standing section particularly is very choreographed. You learn the moves in add-on style, then repeat the whole "combo" several times. There is stretching at the end of this section, biting into the 10 minutes.

The chair section I did on a pillow put on my Firm Fanny LIfter & had no problems. It was not as choreographed, but the pattern was t he same as the standing workout--you learned a combo, then repeated the whole thing several times.
Imight have felt that a little more, I don't know.

The 5 minute bonus abs section I could feel, but it was not killer, either. I am anxious to do the rest of the workouts. I love abs workouts, & I feel that this one will be a good addition to my collection. I am hoping that the more I do the sections, the better I will be at producing some "burn."

Another thing I watched is the 5 minute bonus buns workout (I don't know if the buns w.o. is from her new Buns of Steel or not, it's very short, uses a chair, & there's a lot of stretching--at least 2 or 3 minutes worth.)

I know this isn't a great review, but I haven't done the whole thing yet.

Old 12-27-08, 12:41 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

That's a great review, Jennifer, thanks! I also broke down and bought them both but only Buns of Steel has been delivered. I don't have the Abs one yet. "Not Killer" is just want I al looking for right now.

Leisa says the modifers show a "intense" level and a "very intense" level while Leisa shows a moderate level. Is it your opinion that one of the modifiers might produce more burn for you or for anyone at a more advanced level?
Old 12-27-08, 12:43 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_real_twit
That's a great review, Jennifer, thanks! I also broke down and bought them both but only Buns of Steel has been delivered. I don't have the Abs one yet. "Not Killer" is just want I al looking for right now.

Leisa says the modifers show a "intense" level and a "very intense" level while Leisa shows a moderate level. Is it your opinion that one of the modifiers might produce more burn for you or for anyone at a more advanced level?

Yes, Tracy, there is a woman showing a more intense version. there is also a woman showing a less intense version & Leisa is showing the intermediate version.

Tags
ballaero, of steel