Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-16, 05:43 PM  
Aurora C.

KCM 30 Minutes to Fitness Favorites...

Hi y'all! I recently got into Kettelbell Kickboxing right after a MetaShred rotation thanks to your suggestions! While I loved both and will continue to use them independent of a strict rotation, I'm feeling a bit burnt out on "systems" and seeing the same instructors repeatedly day after day, so I decided to revisit what's already in my extensive exercise DVD library to weed out what stays and what goes at an eventual yard sale, trade or whatever.

I did KCM Plateau Buster 1 today and it brought back how much I love her and the succinctness and efficiency of this 30 Minute series! I see she's got a ton more out since I last bought one and I'm seeking suggestions on the best of the best of these.

My goals, as usual, are strength, endurance, definition and overall body re-composition. I also do all high impact moves on my rebounder just because it's less punishing on my joints, so easily modifiable is a big plus.

Thanks for your input!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 06:35 PM  
bubbles76

We've got all the same goals I think that Muscle Up would probably be a good choice for strength. I also really like Shape Up and Trim Down for endurance.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 06:40 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

KCM is one of my favorite instructors, though I haven't clicked with all of her workouts. My favorites are:

Lean Body Circuits
Cardio Pump
Plateau Buster

I also like Trim Down but need to build up endurance, I do think it moves quickly in some spots. Kickboxing is the one DVD of hers I have had the longest, I pull it out every so often but sometimes struggle with the moves, my issue mainly.

Really, all of her workouts are good, I have tried most of them but the three listed are my very favorites of hers.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 07:03 PM  
Boots

My favorites are Cardio Blast, Circuit Burn, and Your Best Body.

Cardio Blast-You get an easy to follow step workout and a fun plyometric workout.

Circuit Burn-This dvd covers all the bases for cardio and strength.

Your Best Body-This is a good strength dvd with premixes to include cardio between body parts if you wish. There is also a short yoga section.

Hope that helps!
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 07:37 PM  
BigBadBetty

Please note I am likely to change my mind in a few months:

1. Strength and Stamina is my current favorite. It uses a kettlebell for some parts, but you can use a dumbbell (like Samantha) or skip those sections by using a premix. Also, includes a step workout.
2. Split Sessions - I use a premix that is a full body strength workout.
3. Athletic Conditioning 2 - A mix of cardio/strength with her son and niece. Just fun.

Runners up: Cardio Blast, Stepboxing, Cardio Blast, Weights

The only ones I didn't care for:
1. Trim Down - goes too fast for me to have good form. I am not coordinated.
2. Kickboxing - I am too choreographically challenged.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 08:59 PM  
wendug

My fave KCM's are Kickboxing, Stepboxing, and Cardio Pump- but I love kickboxing in general. I also like her Circuit Burn, Muscle Up, and Cardio Quick Fix.
Old 08-14-16, 11:39 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora C. View Post
I see she's got a ton more out since I last bought one and I'm seeking suggestions on the best of the best of these.
i didn't click with Bootcamp and was able to trade it. in fact, it turned me off in trying anything from Kelly for a while. then i found NYC at a book sale, and was so thrilled with it after trying it.

found a few more at a used bookstore, then created a spreadsheet of everyone's (VF) favorites at the time. see thread below.

Which Kelly Coffeys are your favorites (for sale tomorrow)?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 04:40 PM  
Aurora C.

Oh wow! Thanks bzar Jeanine! I do have quite a few of the less recent ones, but she's got so many new ones too so I need to be selective.
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 12:33 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora C. View Post
I do have quite a few of the less recent ones, but she's got so many new ones too so I need to be selective.
which ones do you have besides Plateau Buster?

here's a list in descending order of release. you can check the VF reviews or do a search in this forum for people's impressions.

Title, run time, year
30MTF Amped Up Cardio Live, ?, 2016
30MTF Athletic Conditioning Vol 2, 60, 2015
30MTF Strength & Stamina, 60, 2015
30MTF Lean Body Circuits, 60, 2015
30MTF Cardio/Pump, 64, 2015
30MTF Abs & Core, 65, 2015
30MTF Athletic Conditioning Vol 1, 63, 2014
30MTF Slim Sculpting, 70, 2014
30MTF Home Gym Intervals, 70, 2014
30MTF Muscle Up Lift 2B Fit, 75, 2014
30MTF Your Healthy Back, 30, 2013
30MTF Trim Down, 60, 2013
30MTF Body Shop, 60, 2013
30MTF Total Body Kickbox, 60, 2013
30MTF Shape Up, 64, 2013
30MTF Cardio Quick Fix, 60, 2012
30MTF Plateau Buster, 60, 2012
30MTF Start Here, 60, 2011
30MTF Stepboxing, 60, 2011
30MTF Your Best Body, 60, 2011
30MTF TLC Train Like a Contender, 60, 2011
30MTF Split Sessions, 60, 2011
30MTF L.I.F.T., 60, 2010
30MTF Circuit Burn, 60, 2010
30MTF Body Training,60, 2009
30MTF Muscle Definition, 60, 2009
30MTF Cardio Blast, 60, 2009
30MTF Kickboxing, 60, 2009
30MTF Bootcamp, 60, 2009
30MTF Weights, 60, 2008
Cardio Kick/Step-Boxing, 85, 2008
Step-Boxing Workout , 55, 2007
NYC New You Coming, 55, 2007
Get Ready, Step, Go, 56, 2007
Shape of Things to Come/Complete Cardio Sculpting, 60, 2007
Cardio/Sculpt Fitness, 69, 2007

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 05:57 AM  
Breezy Trousers

My favorite KCM's:

Strength & Stamina
Lean Body Circuits
Cardio/Pump
Muscle Up Lift 2B Fit
Shape Up
Plateau Buster
L.I.F.T.
Muscle Definition
Weights

Weights and Muscle Up Lift 2B Fit are my most favorite KCM workouts. I cannot connect to Split Sessions, for some reason.... Bought, traded, reacquired, then traded again ...
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 mtf, favorite kcm, kcm, kcm athletic conditioning, kcm results, kcm strength, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, trim down