Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-19, 07:58 PM  
TonyaK

Hi friends, sorry I'm so bad at checking in! I did a few more Lean Circuit workouts and then I had a minor surgery last week. I had a dark mole on my foot and in June they biopsied it and said it is not cancer. But it has cellular structures that could someday become cancerous, so they wanted to remove it completely. I waited until the kids were back in session since they said I should stay off my feet for two weeks after removal.

It's more extensive than I had expected - about 2"long. They cut a long diamond shape and at the widest it was about 1" across. I'm supposed to try to keep my ankle at a 90-degree angle so I don't put too much tension on the stitches. It doesn't hurt much but my calf is super sore! Also my heel is hurting. I'll be glad when it's healed up and I can point my toes with abandon

I felt nauseated for a few days after - I don't know if my body was freaking out or if I had a bug at the same time. Today I never felt sick, so hooray!

This seems like a big deal to me but is so small compared to what your DH is going through, Pratima! And what you already went through, too. I'm so happy that he is done with chemo and radiation. I hope he will start to feel better quickly.

I hope it will work out okay with the new supervisor. It sounds frustrating!

I hate driving around a ton, so you definitely have my sympathy. I'm lucky that my DH loves to drive around, so he is often happy to go run errands when I don't feel like it. Hopefully your DH will be back behind the wheel soon.

That does sound interesting to have your body composition analyzed! It would be cool to do a certain type of training and then see if it made a difference.

I love that quilt pattern! The blocks are really big, so they go super fast. You can arrange the blocks in any pattern, so you have tons of options for different layouts. It's a fun one. I'm not really into traditional quilting, but I like this modern version a lot.

Yes, my kids switched schools this year. So far, so good! We are all happy with the change. We're still figuring out the best way to pick up after school, but that should become less chaotic as all the new families settle in.

Stephanie, I hope you are feeling better! And it is such a bummer when you lose a long post. UGH.

You are so consistent with your B3 classes! You and the dog are probably both looking forward to those longer walks! I was enjoying going for walks while my kids were at school - until my surgery. I hope I'll be back to walking outdoors sometime in September. I should at least be able to go a couple blocks before too long. It feels so good to move in the fresh air and sunshine
TonyaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-19, 03:54 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

TonyaK, having a procedure on your foot is tough! Do you mostly just have to sit with it elevated? How does it feel now that it's been a few days?

Next week is my big work meeting. Initially it was going to be two days, now I'm in it for 3.5. And I thought it'd be part fun, part planning. Now I feel like it's several days of lots of boring stuff. :/ I dunno, I thought my new supervisor was sort of finding out all about us, what we do, etc. and would then slowly make changes. Instead I now feel like she doesn't like anything we do and is generating mountains of paperwork to show us that or something.

I'm dreading the meeting and being gone. DH hasn't done anything regarding the kids. He went to pick them up Tuesday and then slept all afternoon because he said the heat was too much. I realize his body has to recover and it's tough when he can't really eat much. I also feel like it's partially a choice though and he needs to work at getting better. With me gone, he'll have to take care of the kids. I'm worried!

I can get back if I need to and I have backup people who can get over here too. Still...

Very glad for a three day weekend! My kids are again bummed though because DH won't be doing anything with us (i.e. going out).

Burn Bootcamp is like my lifesaver right now. So good to be able to go, usually meet up with a friend or two, and get in a good workout in 45 minutes. I've been going 5-6 days a week. Won't be able to go while at the meeting so will have to figure something out. Or get lots of sleep!

Anyone have plans for the long weekend?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 10:42 PM  
TonyaK

Hi!! I haven't done any workouts. I thought I'd do some upper body weights by now, but I am surprisingly tired. I don't know if I have a little bit of a cold or if it's just recovering from the surgery, or something else. It seems like such a minor surgery, but it's having a bigger impact than I had anticipated.

Pratima, yes, I'm supposed to sit around as much as I can. I keep feeling better and doing too much and then there will be a tiny bit of blood on the bandage, so I knew I did too much. It's hard to just sit around. I'm supposed to get the stitches out on Wednesday.

I hope your work meeting will be okay! It sounds frustrating.

Is DH feeling any better yet? It's double-tough to be going to a meeting that you're not excited about while DH and the kids might need your help.

I'm so glad you have Burn Bootcamp for fun, stress relief, and friendship!

Hello to Stephanie and any others who are stopping by!
TonyaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 01:08 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I'm off to start one for September!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote