Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-23-19, 07:55 AM  
mena

Fri 8/23 - The Firm BSS1 - Ab Sculpt

Happy Friday to Everyone!
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-19, 09:33 PM  
Helen

Thursday dog walk
Friday C25k run - just week 1, as it was with Alice + walk to fill an hour
Saturday Cathe - High Step Training not true virgin, but not done in current log (started 2007) so VERY dusty!

CLEDA
Argh - that 4am business! Going back to bed until 5:30? Even THAT would be SO TOUGH for me. My work-day getup is 7:15 (average sleep time is ~7hrs)

MENA
Oh I have no doubt you felt the ab work - extended leg raises whilst sitting firmly up against a wall are no joke They did BOTH legs raised at the same time, and did leg splays as well - moving apart / together

WAVES to LILI & KAY today
It's pride month, and the Pride Fair is on at the harbour foreshore - DH & I are heading out shortly with Alice - it's the most perfect day for it too - light breeze, warm in the sun, cardigan for the shade, no clouds...

Happy weekend!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 07:32 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Thursday dog walk
My work-day getup is 7:15 (average sleep time is ~7hrs)
Sayyyy WHAT????? Seriously? That's almost sleeping in for me on a weekend!!!! If I sleep till 6 a.m., that's OVER sleeping and then I can't get a workout in. Even on Mondays when I go in later , I'm up early. I won't go into "average" sleep. Nope! not going there.

Sneaking in on the weekend to post my workout(s)!

8/22/2019: REST DAY ... Yep! Needed it. so I took it. The treadmill portion is killing me. Not really, but it's taking my body a little bit to adjust to it. Probably shouldn't have stopped so long inbetween the RunBets and when I was being so consistent. The treadmill is an (optional) challenge with the Cycling challenge and of course, I'm participating. It's 3x a week. So, trying to double up on bike rides (to get a cushion) ~ which mind you ~ has NOT happened yet and getting in the runs ... leaves me a little tired. But the body will and does adjust.

8/23/2019: 30 minute Pop Fun Run. And it was !!! I actually jogged for the recoveries and did great. I feel like I'm improving. And I think I might just repeat this for the next time, still not sure. I may treat the challenge like the C25k and do a run workout 3x a week, but it might not necessarily be continuing on the challenge, but repeating one till I feel comfortable! We'll see. followed by Matt Wilper's 60 minute Endurance (Peloton) ride for the challenge. I wasn't even wiped out after. (tired ? yes! Wiped out? no. So I KNOW I'm improving.

That's about it. I hope to get a couple few rides in this weekend and maybe get an extra one or two under my belt before the new week begins. Lucky for me, I have a holiday weekend coming up next weekend, so Extra time for extra workouts. Yep! I got this. Cushion? Here I come.

Have a great weekend.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 02:30 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

I'm here, again. I've been busy with gardening, aka watering the gardens as it's been so dry here recently. I've been continuing the knee exercises & the knee is going better. Over the past few days I've finished hauling up the 16 solar panels to dh on the roof. We loaded them by 3's in the back of my car, drove it up to the man-shed where I hauled them up a ramp made of two long 2x4s to dh up by the roof. I wrapped the rope around a short piece of 2x4 to save my hands, then just walked backwards.

I had a spurt of energy yesterday after finishing with the panels. I hit the exercise room & walked a bit on the treadmill with incline since my knees prefer that. Did knee exercises, deadlifts, abs, biceps & triceps & usual stretches. Mostly making my step goal daily.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-19, 06:09 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Back from vacation, but still not much to report. Today was mostly packing and unpacking the car. Then laundry. Then a much needed dog walk.
We did manage a few bike rides at the beach, but DGD is not great and stops to complain that her butt hurts, or a bug landed on her, etc. We did manage 5 miles both times out.
I'm hoping to get back to a real workout tomorrow. I also bought a new Fitbit today! After much research, I'm still not sure I got the right one, but time will tell.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 05:08 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Welcome back, Lili! Packing & unpacking a vacation car is certainly a workout & a relief. Your poor DGD! I could teach her the, Ooh my butt hurts" son. I made it up doing a 15 mile bike ride with my younger brother & his girls. It's sung to the tune of, There she goes just walking down the street." Ooh my butt hurts is the refrain. It certainly helped lighten the mood.

Today after the usual church then Walmart run, we decided to walk some of our trails. Seem a house & land which adjoins the other side of the property has been sold. Wow, our trails are overgrown! We checked out the surveyor's flags & found them to look correct. Dh took a handsaw along, but we need to spend more time on the trails. Over 6,000 steps, 26 flights of stairs.

Dh connected one section of solar panels & there was power to some sections of his man-shed! He takes pictures of all his progress & sends them to the electrician son in law.

Big waves to all!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-19, 05:04 AM  
Helen

CLEDA
haha - we're such different breeds - larks & owls - I truly feel guilty and slothful if I go to bed earlier than 11pm - even just 10:30 feels a bit naughty but when DH is away & it's cold, I'll head down then with Alice & snuggle in & read for longer than the usual half-hour.

KAY
Congratulations on getting all the panels up to the roof. Glad to see your knee is getting better, and well done on consistently making your step goal.

LILI
Don't you just hate the washing that has to be done when you get home?
How can you tell us you bought a new FitBit WIHOUT telling us which KIND?! OMG woman - you should KNOW better than that!

MENA gets the waves today <<waves>>

Business
Sunday
dog school = 2 hrs of walking
derby training = 2 hrs
Monday
Cathe - Basic Step shorter one, very dusty, but first trial at going back to 10" step - no problem

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 08-26-19, 10:04 AM  
mena

Sat 8/24 - Cathe - Stretch Max (Stretch 1 with no equipment)
Sun 8/25 - Shiva Rea - Yoga Trance Dance (Basic Intro premix)

Mon 8/26 - Jessica Smith - 5 Mix & Match Miles (Mile 1 - Energy Boost)

I had a terrible weekend. I'm so anxious about Biggie for tomorrow and also very worried about handling her and the cat box waste when she gets home. I am so paranoid that I've bought 3 different clumping and flushing litters so that hopefully she (and Weezie who has to use them too) will like one. I've had them out for a few days now. I currently have 6 cat boxes in my house .

Helen - Great job doing step at 10 inches. I would never make it!

Kay - That must have been exciting to get your first power from the solar panels. Will you ever see Mr. Kay again after his man shed is completed?

Lili - Hooray for a new Fitbit!

Waves to Cleda!
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-19, 02:46 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - sorry, what was I thinking?! I bought the Versa, much like a smart watch, only not as smart. DD & hubby were trying to persuade me to get an Apple watch, but I really won't use 90% of the features, so I ruled that out. I was going to get the Charge 3, but last minute change of heart (plus a discounted price at BJ's Wholesale) and I came home with the Versa. So far, I am liking it. I do feel like it is large for my wrist, but I'm adjusting.
Kay - glad the power worked! Are these trails you speak of on your property?
Mena - hope Biggie does well tomorrow! With 6 litter boxes, there should never be a line to use the toilet!
Helen - I used to be an owl, then things changed, work, life, etc., and now if I stay up past 10:30 my whole time cycle is off!

I did work out yesterday! First a 1 mile with Leslie's crew (no Leslie) and then a Denise Austin that popped up on my YouTube feed: Fit & Fab Fat Blasting Cardio. I enjoyed it, but she did use weights in parts and didn't tell you what size until we had completed several weight sections.
Today was another random YouTube workout: Sydney Cummings, no idea what the title was. It was an interval workout mixing weights with cardio bursts. It was tough, but doable.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-19, 03:14 AM  
Helen

I see the Versa has 24/7 heart rate - I often fancy a FitBit that has that - maybe when my Flex2 time is up - but I rarely track my heart rate during exercise - only regularly take it at bed-time to check resting rate - like to see it around 60. Not lately though.

Tuesday Derby - 3 hrs
Wednesday - just looking now for what total body weights to do with my buddy.
ETA Helen Bowers - Ballet Body - Body Blast 60min of body-weight that HURT! There was definitely sweat!!
true virgin - changed level tag from 'intermediate' to 'int/adv'

I've tried many times to switch towards larkdom, and fail at every attempt. Have concluded that I shouldn't fight genetics - it IS a gene - probably not healthy to battle with one's genetic makeup.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.