Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-19, 05:06 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Mena - despite the fact that my French grandmother lived with us, I don't understand much. I did get when she was counting! It was all visual for me.
Helen - sorry about hubby heading for the farm. At least now you have Alice, derby practice and your workout buddy. That has to help!

8/6 - Jari's Get Ripped, the original. I had forgotten about all of her "stand proud" comments.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 08:59 AM  
mena

Wed 8/7 - The Firm - Firm Parts Light Aerobic Mix

I can't believe we are a week into August already!

Biggie's thyroid treatment was for this coming Tuesday but the vet called me yesterday to cancel and now the new appointment is for August 27. I do understand that things happen, but I am really anxious about this and just want to get it done so the delay is not a welcome one .

Lili - I really enjoy Jari's Get Ripped because she includes stretches in each section and there is time for a quick sip of water or change of equipment when the next exercise is being introduced. I also like her motivational talk at the end.
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 08:51 AM  
mena

A really light day for me today, but I'm counting it.

Thu 8/8 - Jessica Smith - WS3 - Deep Stretch. This is one of the best stretches I have. I really enjoy it.
Old 08-08-19, 03:55 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

8/7 - 2 miles with Leslie
8/8 - Studio Sweat: Spin & Sculpt. This also included some yoga at the end. She did some really good stretches that were new to me.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 09:16 AM  
mena

Fri 8/9 - Jari Love - Lean Machine (Weights and Abs premix)

Happy Friday to Everyone!
Old 08-10-19, 01:33 AM  
Helen

MENA
That's a bother about Biggie - building up to "the day" then whoosh! Day changed, back to square one on the expectation.
- RE: 8" step, yes I'm 4'10" but a very sturdy / solid build, not waif-like in any way.

LILI
Oh SNAP! on the French workout - the Kathy Smith Step workout we did last week (?) had a voice-over in French. Coudn't find the same one without it, so that's what we did. It was doable, without understanding anything.

KAY Sniff? - hope you're on the mend for both virus and knee.

CLEDA - and your back - how's that going? Imagine knitted brow of concern on my face here...

Loving all the Jari and remembered/forgotten stuff.

Business
DH still away - supposed to be back Thursday, then Friday, now it's Monday. Weekends are the hardest. Howling wind, temp is 13ºC (55F) but says "Feels like 1ºC (34F) so NOT wanting to take Alice out.

Wednesday Body Balance 29
Thursday long dog walk 90min
Friday VERY long night-time dog walk 2hrs+ around the restaurant areas – avoided the beach / harbour due to the cold wind.
Saturday Cathe - Travel Fit

Posted on family chat that I'd schlumped & DH phoned immediately - got me moving whilst talking with him - just housework, but it was moving & dragged me out of flat-land.
aaaaannnndd....

Computer just called (iCal) - time to walk Alice. She's bored - barking at anything she sees from the upstairs window seat that overlooks the intersection. I'll just have to suck it up & go out - imagine it's a lovely spring afternoon with more warmth that I've felt for all of winter (pretend I'm Kay?)
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 11:07 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

tidbits

Here and there.

Helen: I'm sure you've mentioned it before, but you're only 4'10" tall??? Hmm. . . I somehow forgot that.

The back? Better. much better. Thank you. Went back to the doctor Fri. I have a renewal on the muscle relaxers, although I haven't had to take any in a few days. Nice to have them for emergencies though.

Lili: How did you like the SoulCycle? There's a big debate between Soul Cycle and Peloton on one of my groups. Oh and Peloton is getting 3 new instructors. (I think one was a soul cycle instructor)

Mena: Ohhhhhhhhhh that's awful. Just the anticipation for your poor baby and then they change it to so far away? Ugggggggggg ...... Not nice.

I haven't done much in the way of workouts. Feels like forever (it's only been 4 days and will be remedied today as I finish here and get on the bike.) We've had thunderstorms, our waterbed sprung a leak, sleep has not been good (till last night) and I went and met some stranger from the internet in a park and ride** But all in all, I think I'm back. New challenge starts 8/19 and will be considerably easier than the last. No strength, only 5 rides a week ... We'll see.

** stranger from the internet. I ordered a waterbed matress and topper from amazon. It arrived. Dh drained the old mattress (that was probably leaking for a long while) ... We have an encasement around it, so it won't leak OUT of the bed itself. . . that's why we think it's been leaking awhile. Soo instead of checking to make sure I got the correct encasement (I didn't) he drained the waterbed and then said, "This won't work" oy ... So I did an internet search, found a warehouse company about 40 miles north of us and called them that night (around 9 p.m.) Obviously a home cell #. . the lady said, "Yes, I have one .... Where are you from? Ok - I'll meet you part way to save you some travel time at the park and ride by such and such." I said sure. Hung up the phone. Dh asked if I ordered the right one ... I said, I dunno - call her back and ask . So he did. As I"m driving up to meet this woman, I'm thinking, "What on earth am I doing?" but it felt ok. She then said she's driving a white escalade ... and I chuckled to myself and thought, "See, the bad guys all seem to drive BLACK escalades in the movies, so I'm sure you're fine!" Bottom line, I met her, People knew where I was, what time, etc. . . and I had an exit strategy. Sort of. And now I have a waterbed accessory source. We chatted about 15 minutes, I paid her and off I went. . . . . .

Ok, enough story telling. Waterbed is up and sleepable so I finally got a good night's sleep last night. On to the workouts: (not much, but I'm counting them!)

8/5/2019: CDE's ABBA theme ride (30 minutes - Peloton)

8/6/2019: Jennifer Jacaobs Country Christmas Ride (20 minutes - Peloton)

That's it ... but I feel great and I'm off to hit the bike now. Back to working out and checking in. Onward we go through August. At least I got it together before the middle of the month.

Waves to all and make it a great day.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 06:00 AM  
Helen

Drive-by for Sunday Les Mills - Body Step 75 + Derby 2hrs

CLEDA - glad to see your back is so much better than you haven't had to take any muscle relaxers
Re: The stranger on the internet - we're too untrusting these days - good on you for optimistically assuming decency!
What a nightmare, though, having a leaking waterbed. We had one for years - downside: VERY difficult when pregnant with twins to roll over - HUGE UPSIDE: the constant warmth was wonderful.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 08:58 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Ironically ....Truth be told ~

I've met most of my best friends on the internet!
Can we say VF? I (usually) am pretty good going on gut instinct.
Before the internet was CB radio. hahahahahaha 10-4 good buddy!

The warmth is wonderful. I can relate (sort of?) to the twins and trying to get out of bed. Surgery and trying to get out of it. Yeah. awful. Anyway ....

Checking in:

8/10/2019: Power Zone Ride (live) 60 minutes with Matt. I was so hoping for an endurance ride, since this is my first ride back in my new zones that wasn't a quick 20 or 30 minute "fun" ride. Ummm NOPE! It was to push the Lactate threshold . Ugggggg . I survived. And I am walking this a.m. Honestly? It felt kind of good. Although it was tough. It really was. And then I did a 10 minute Low Impact ride and then I did a bike stretch (5 minutes) and then 2 separate stretch classes (10 minutes each) one for the hips and one total body. I felt I could probably use it.

So I'm back. I'll do something again today. And off I go!
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 08-13-19, 04:49 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Uh Oh ...

Talking to myself (even AFTER the weekend .....)
Not much time - wanna hit the bike before work, so getting straight to business:

8/11/2019: Christine's 75 minute endurance ride, 5 minute cooldown off the bike. (Peloton - of course!)

8/12/2019: Christine's "little Lion Man" ride (45 minutes - Peloton) , which had a section of arms in it also followed by Bounce and Stretch, cuz I thought my body could use it. (on the bellicon. Which, btw as you all know, I love that workout!!!)

that's about it.
Make it a great day.
I'm up to date now.
Waves to all!
Cleda