Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-19, 01:59 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I was nervous how my knees would handle the climb down (they've been iffy since my ACL surgery a few years ago). Surprisingly, and thankfully, I didn't feel any pain. (Until my calves got sore!)
That's great! Thankfully, my knees felt fine by the next day.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-19, 10:22 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A few years ago DH and I walked up 734 marble steps to a castle called Fort Liberia in the south of France. I ended up with a nasty trochanteric bursitis after. I didn’t feel it at the time, but the next day my hip was killing me. It was worth it though as the view was amazing, but in hindsight I would have taken the road that had lots of gentle switchbacks.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-19, 08:28 AM  
laurajhawk

My first or second week of LIIFT4 (first round, sometime last year), I went heavy on calf raises and then decided to "just" do rebounding on the rest days. On the weekend it all caught up to me and my calves were screaming. Maybe not the worst ever, but man that was some calf DOMS.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 04:20 PM  
leigh1673

Wow 269 steps is impressive! We climbed one in Cozumel that was 123 steps and my quads hurt for days - I can't imagine doing more than double that.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 05:16 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
Wow 269 steps is impressive! We climbed one in Cozumel that was 123 steps and my quads hurt for days - I can't imagine doing more than double that.
Well Pam had said upthread that she did 734!!! I can't even imagine.

For the record, I'm on Day 6 (post-climb) and my right calf still aches. Obviously I must favor that side, lol.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 05:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Well Pam had said upthread that she did 734!!! I can't even imagine.
Here’s a link to Fort Liberia, the 734 step workout!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Liberia
We did make a number of stops as there were lookouts along the way, but it was a grind! The view at the top was breathtaking! We took the road down as I knew the steps would be a quad killer. In our running days (a previous life, lol) we once did an 8 km downhill run for charity. Seemed easy cardio wise at the time, but the quads were screaming the next day!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 05:41 PM  
ncl

If I remember correctly, Cathe Gym Style Legs, which I haven't done in years now due ot ht level of DOMS.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 10:49 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
WHAT GAVE YOU THE WORST DOMS EVER?
A kind of intense, fairly high stepping--when I first began or when I begin it after a long break. (For some reason, it doesn't lead to significant DOMS elsewhere for me.)

As I've mentioned before, DOMS for me is always an indicator of some activity that is new to me or that I haven't done in a long time. As I continue and improve (I hope), the DOMS doesn't return, even after considerable progress (in other words, I don't associate DOMS with "getting a good workout"). I don't miss it.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 02:26 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Last week I was in Montreal, and hiked Mt. Royale. Holy cow, I kept up with the 20 year old I was traveling with. My calves hurt for 3 days afterwards. Yikes.

I guess it's 400 steps to the top....https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...al_Quebec.html.

I've done a waterfall hike, also, that is shorter but similar, with the same effect.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-19, 03:05 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
WHAT GAVE YOU THE WORST DOMS EVER?
Every couple of years I get on Gilad kick, and this week I've decided to follow Gilad's 15 Targeted Express Workout calendar for the next month. So yesterday I added the 9-minute Buns & Thighs after my cardio workout. Today I have major DOMS in my glutes. MAJOR! I don't remember DOMS like this from any other buns workout! I just got this 2-DVD set and I'm really glad I bought it.

Today I did Back and Core Foundation (also 9-min each) and I know I will feel that tomorrow!

Tags
doms, gilad express