Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-19, 12:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnadc View Post
Okay, I caved. I found some clips on youtube (search BOSU BT) and the sports specific ones looked pretty good to me (even though I don't do sports but they seemed slower paced). And a tip--if you purchase the $5 bundle (which I did) shipping is only $3. So, I got 8 dvds for $8!! They must charge shipping per item and the bundle counts as one item. I hope I use them-haha!
the pilates and equilibrium (yoga) DVD seemed to be slower and more about pilates and yoga, so I chose those. I steered clear of Mindy's and the cardio ones since they tend to be faster paced. I already own Rob Glick's, and that one is pretty fast-paced.

I forgot to try the "sports bundle" option - how does that work? is there an icon for choosing it during check-out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
Thanks, Lannette!

I ordered 5 separate free dvds for $7 shipping.
I ordered 6 free DVDs and was billed $7 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I've had my BOSU for over ten years and rarely use it. My DH makes fun of me about it. I can't bring myself to get rid of it.
I've heard of some VFers simply standing on it and doing free weights such as bicep curls, delt flyes, etc. I've used it like a step bench, but because i'm short, it can be challenging because it requires you to take a giant step to get into the center of the dome - I have the regular sized bosu.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 12:47 PM  
Vantreesta

Jeannine, for the sports bundle they have them all listed separately or you can click on the bundle and then description and it will list each individual workout.

I used my BOSU the most when I was doing CLX. As you said, I stood on the flat part to make an unstable surface and did squats and some of the upper body work on it. You can't maybe lift as heavy on it as off, but it seemed like a good way to add challenge when I didn't have heavier weights for the lower body.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 01:49 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Hmm are some of these sold out? I don't see many free ones left.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 01:49 PM  
donnadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I've had my BOSU for over ten years and rarely use it. My DH makes fun of me about it. I can't bring myself to get rid of it.
Haha-I don't feel so bad now only having mine for a year

I think it's one of those pieces of equipment you "want" to use but just don't seem to use it.

My DH badgered me about my Leslie RAMP until I got rid of it and now I wish I had it back! Though the bosu could probably sub for the ramp.
donnadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 01:51 PM  
donnadc

I still see them on the "sale dvd" page

https://www.bosu.com/shop/bosu-dvds/sale-dvds
Old 05-28-19, 01:56 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I still see them on the "sale dvd" page

https://www.bosu.com/shop/bosu-dvds/sale-dvds
Yes, those are the ones I saw. Is that all of them? I felt like people mentioned ordering more than are shown there.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 02:30 PM  
Vantreesta

I think I looked in all the sections of DVDs, not just sale ones. I ordered 14 and there were probably 4-6 that I didn't buy.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 02:49 PM  
owltx

Thanks so much for posting this Lannette! I ordered some as well.

Quote:
Okay, I caved. I found some clips on youtube (search BOSU BT) and the sports specific ones looked pretty good to me (even though I don't do sports but they seemed slower paced). And a tip--if you purchase the $5 bundle (which I did) shipping is only $3. So, I got 8 dvds for $8!! They must charge shipping per item and the bundle counts as one item. I hope I use them-haha!
And thanks donna too - I found the tip on searching youtube for BOSU BT most helpful.

I didn't get the bundles as I really only wanted some specific ones from each bundle. I wasn't going to order because I am really trying to limit my DVD purchases, but I do my BOSU, and I tend to take moves I learn from these types of DVDs and use them as modifications or add-ons to my regular workouts. The sports-specific prep DVDs I found intriguing and I think will be useful.
Old 05-28-19, 05:53 PM  
donnadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Yes, those are the ones I saw. Is that all of them? I felt like people mentioned ordering more than are shown there.
Oh yeah, there are some more. Go the the link in the first post and just page through. There's a pilates, an MMA, and a cross training one on page 2
Old 05-28-19, 06:08 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Oh yeah, there are some more. Go the the link in the first post and just page through. There's a pilates, an MMA, and a cross training one on page 2
There’s a free set HERE.

Two freebies HERE.

The rest of the freebies are HERE.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosu, bosu dvds