Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-16, 01:33 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I did Long and Sculpted Legs today. This is a body weight only leg workout. The first third utilized gliders, the middle section was athletic barre and the third section utilized a stability ball. I really enjoyed the variety in this workout and that it is a bodyweight only lower body workout. Even though Cathe said in her description of this workouts that it was high rep, I felt that it was more moderate reps because I never had the feeling like "this is never going to end." This "no dread" workout is a nice addition to my arsenal of Cathe leg workouts.
Thanks for all your reviews. I was wondering about this one. It sounds good. Cathe is my go to instructor for legs (I did an STS Meso one Leg workout today). No one does legs like Cathe. I hardly ever do leg work without weights. I will definitely be giving this one a try.

After taking the summer off from Cathe Live I'm ready to revisit it. I'm so excited .

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-16, 01:33 PM  
dbclark44

I did Cathe Rythym Ride today using an upright bike at the Y. I only had time to do 30 minutes of the 59 minutes but boy was it a drencher. I increase my tension, decrease when she says to and pedal hard during the tabatas and it works out great! Someone mentioned they use her ride workouts using their recumbent or upright bike and it just never dawned on me to even try it. This is the 3rd time I tried this in the past couple of weeks and I love it.

Quote:
Thanks for all your reviews. I was wondering about this one. It sounds good. Cathe is my go to instructor for legs (I did an STS Meso one Leg workout today). No one does legs like Cathe. I hardly ever do leg work without weights. I will definitely be giving this one a try.
I find myself seldom doing Cathe legs with weights anymore. I use body weight only and still get in a great leg workout. For me, there's just no added benefit to doing weighted legs when no weight challenges me quite a bit. I may hold weights during deadlifts and that's about it.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-16, 01:37 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbclark44 View Post
I did Cathe Rythym Ride today using an upright bike at the Y. I only had time to do 30 minutes of the 59 minutes but boy was it a drencher. I increase my tension, decrease when she says to and pedal hard during the tabatas and it works out great! Someone mentioned they use her ride workouts using their recumbent or upright bike and it just never dawned on me to even try it. This is the 3rd time I tried this in the past couple of weeks and I love it.
I always wondered if her cycling workouts would work using a treadmill. (I'm starting to give up on her ever making a treadmill workout). I may give it a try one of these days.

Happy it worked out for you.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-16, 06:38 PM  
NorthernStar

I love the look of Long and Sculpted Legs, glad to hear it was a good workout. I did Hooked on Legs today as I really needed a weight workout, but I'll have Long and Sculpted on deck for my next lower body workout.

I have been back to Cathe Live the last 3 weeks doing all kinds of workouts. Absolutely love them.

I have to rave about the recent Upper Body with Blasts. I don't often do upper-only workouts because I feel like the calorie burn is not much bang for my buck. This is a fantastic workout to get in some plyo/cardio and get the calorie burn up while strengthening the upper body. I will be doing this one regularly. The cardio drills were challinging but do-able. Just enough that I felt really worked out but not enough to kill me, which is exactly what I need on an upper day.
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-16, 05:27 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Upper Body Sculpting

Cathe Live Upper Body Sculpting is a great workout! Perfect amount of reps and really burns out all of the muscle groups.

So glad to have some variety in upper body workouts. I highly recommend it!

LOVE THESE LIVE WORKOUTS...I wish Cathe would put together a rotation using them. It would be fun to see what she would come up with.
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-16, 01:49 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I did Long and Sculpted Legs today. This is a body weight only leg workout. The first third utilized gliders, the middle section was athletic barre and the third section utilized a stability ball. I really enjoyed the variety in this workout and that it is a bodyweight only lower body workout. Even though Cathe said in her description of this workouts that it was high rep, I felt that it was more moderate reps because I never had the feeling like "this is never going to end." This "no dread" workout is a nice addition to my arsenal of Cathe leg workouts.
This one is a favorite of mine. Goes quickly and you feel it (but it's not a grind).
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-16, 06:55 AM  
schoolgirl-01

i go on/off with Cathe Live and On Demand. its a fun service and easy to stop/start when ever you want. i mainly use On Demand for the Workout Blender
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-16, 02:46 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Is the Cathe live dvds mirror image? I was thinking that since it's a live class it probably would not be but I am asking to see.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-16, 03:00 PM  
schoolgirl-01

not the ones i've done. she has mentioned in a couple that i've watched that she has to cue for the people "in house" but she tries not to cue a side by saying "right" or "left" that way the people at home won't get thrown off. i've really only seen her talk about it when its a step type workout. the circuits or weights stuff its not an issue.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-16, 04:38 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
Is the Cathe live dvds mirror image? I was thinking that since it's a live class it probably would not be but I am asking to see.
Yes, the workouts are a mirror image. Cathe and the class is facing you just like in a video. BUT she does not mirror the cues for the viewer. She cues for the class.

I haven't been on Cathe Live the past few months, but in the past she has tried to remind you of this fact. Also I found that her cueing improved in a way because she tries to use other indicators like using her hand to indicate which side instead of saying left/right.

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung