Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-20-16, 11:31 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Having said that, I have a torn rotator cuff and bicep tendon that requires surgery so I will be out of the game for a while .
So sorry to hear this!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-16, 04:16 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
So sorry to hear this!
Thanks Karen, I appreciate it.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 10:11 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I would love a longer core and stretch workout to add on on days when I have more time and stand alone on mornings when I'm short on time. I also really wish she would film a treadmill workout (like KCM's Home Gym Intervals). I love Live but can't help wondering how much better it could be if Cathe would think outside the box. She owns the gym so she shouldn't be limited to filming during her Thursday morning time slot. There's so much potential there with all that gym equipment.

Having said that, I have a torn rotator cuff and bicep tendon that requires surgery so I will be out of the game for a while .
Oh, I so wish she'd do a treadmill workout...but with longer intervals on the TM. It seemed I just was starting to get my HR up with KCM's and she was getting off the TM to do weight work! But even better yet would be if Cathe put it on dvd...I would buy it in a minute!!

TracyQ, I hope your surgery goes well and you have a very speedy recovery!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 09:38 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Wishing you a quick recovery Tracy!

This morning I tried out Cross Fire Quick Fix Plus Core and enjoyed it. The cardio portion was fast paced and consisted of:

4 drill type exercises, repeat
4 drill type exercises, repeat (using the loop band around your ankles)
4 drill type exercises, repeat

Then you do a cool down and active stretch before going to the ground to do abs/core work. It was basic stuff like crab touches, bicycles, plank moves, crunches, situps, etc. and the final move was superman alternated with swimmer in a face down position on the floor. A final couple of stretches and it was done! I tried to sub lower impact moves for some of the high impact stuff and still sweated pretty good. I like this one for a quick cardio workout when I'm short on time.

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 10:40 AM  
horusosiris

Yesterday I did Shredded Upper Body with Ball

The workout was 49 minutes and the stability ball was used for most of the exercises. There are multiple exercises for each body part and each of the exercises are repeat three times with a rep pattern of 12,10, 8. The grouping of the exercises is as follows:

Shoulder/ Biceps/Back
Back/triceps/ chest
Core

This is among my favorite upper body workouts. I really liked the selection of exercises, the sequencing of the exercises and the different rep patterns employed. This is a versatile workout because you can either use moderate or heavy weight. Since I wanted to go heavier than the stability would allow, for some of the exercises I used my bench rather than the ball. I liked the way Cathe consistently tied in the various body parts- ex- pullovers work back, triceps, chest, or sitting flies work back upper delts, etc. The various angles of exercises were also nicely employed, - ex- lateral shoulder, front shoulders rear delts, or lower back, mid back, upper back.

Much of the music also had a latin flare!

What can I say, IMHO there is everything to like about this upper body workout.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 01:48 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Yesterday I did Shredded Upper Body with Ball

The workout was 49 minutes and the stability ball was used for most of the exercises. There are multiple exercises for each body part and each of the exercises are repeat three times with a rep pattern of 12,10, 8. The grouping of the exercises is as follows:

Shoulder/ Biceps/Back
Back/triceps/ chest
Core

This is among my favorite upper body workouts. I really liked the selection of exercises, the sequencing of the exercises and the different rep patterns employed. This is a versatile workout because you can either use moderate or heavy weight. Since I wanted to go heavier than the stability would allow, for some of the exercises I used my bench rather than the ball. I liked the way Cathe consistently tied in the various body parts- ex- pullovers work back, triceps, chest, or sitting flies work back upper delts, etc. The various angles of exercises were also nicely employed, - ex- lateral shoulder, front shoulders rear delts, or lower back, mid back, upper back.

Much of the music also had a latin flare!

What can I say, IMHO this is everything to like about this upper body workout.
Thank you! I am doing this one tonight!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 04:17 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

I was peaking at your thread. For Treadmill workouts, maybe try the Gymbox. They have some workouts on youtube and also on Amazon Prime if you are a member. They put out 30 and 60 minute treadmill workouts once a week for a few years.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 03:19 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
I was peaking at your thread. For Treadmill workouts, maybe try the Gymbox. They have some workouts on youtube and also on Amazon Prime if you are a member. They put out 30 and 60 minute treadmill workouts once a week for a few years.
Thanks Lynn, I will check it out.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 06:28 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Okay, I'm a little late at looking at this thread, but can you view Cathe Live with a Roku? My computer (laptop) is upstairs, & there's no room to workout up there, I could bring it downstairs, but I prefer the bigger tv to see, as my eyesight isn't that good even with corrective lenses.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 09:00 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
Okay, I'm a little late at looking at this thread, but can you view Cathe Live with a Roku? My computer (laptop) is upstairs, & there's no room to workout up there, I could bring it downstairs, but I prefer the bigger tv to see, as my eyesight isn't that good even with corrective lenses.
Can't answer your question about the Roku but thought I'd tell you that I have a cord that connects my laptop to the TV so I can see what is on the computer on the TV. Works great. It's an HDMI cable and you get one at Walmart, Target, Amazon.com, etc. Not expensive.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung