Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-15, 07:30 PM  
Irisg1

I am really enjoying the Live classes too. I haven't felt this way about Cathe in a couple years. I was a huge fan at one time, and jumped on every pre-order, but I sort of burned out on them, and after a while, everything looked and felt the same.

The live classes are awesome in that you get to see ordinary people, in all shapes and sizes working out, and inspires I find it inspires me to do the same.

I was wondering, the freezing problems that some of you are experiencing, does that happen when you do a work-out live only? or does it happen when doing any video from the library of live classes? I haven't had any issues so far, so am just wondering.
Old 04-10-15, 07:54 PM  
lesia

Iris,
That's actually what happened to me. I've been with Cathe since the beginning. I remember when I ordered her first 2 vhs from Collage, I previewed them and promptly sent them back. I distinctly remember telling Jill Ross of Collage on the phone that these workouts are just too hard. So she let me return them. Cathe then lit a fire under me because I'd grown tired of Fonda and Gilad (although he was hot in the 1980s) and a few months later I reordered them.

Years flew by and I jumped on every preorder. Just like you they started looking the same, just different sets and outfits. I cooled my jets on Cathe for about 2-3 years....I jumped back in when she debuted her Live workouts.

Now that there's over 45+ Live workouts, that's all the Cathe I want to do. Yes, she's still got the cute outfits, but she's real in these workouts. I love the fact that the backgrounds exercisers are all shapes and sizes, but they are obviously very fit (all the while I hyperventilating into my towel J/k (not really)

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-15, 08:18 PM  
alydinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Tried Cardio Band Blast with Weights Live today. Ooh my, that little one's a doozy!!!! Loved it!
This is one of the workouts I haven't tried yet. Maybe I'll get to it this weekend.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-15, 09:00 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

I'm limited as to the high impact moves but Cathe has so much variety and she is so much fun as an instructor. She wears her glasses to class, has great outfits and she so normal, not the Cathe I put on a pedestal in my early years.
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-15, 09:59 PM  
Loriann

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
I'm limited as to the high impact moves but Cathe has so much variety and she is so much fun as an instructor. She wears her glasses to class, has great outfits and she so normal, not the Cathe I put on a pedestal in my early years.
I agree. Today I did Cardio Strength Blast thinking it would be a circuit workout. It wasn't really. There was cardio and there was some strength, but they didn't alternate as much as I expected. Also the cardio was a little tougher than I wanted (or maybe I was just tired from yesterday's Crossfire Express). She calls on her class to help her count. She stops from time to time to check on the class. I really enjoy the 'everyday' Cathe. She is still tougher than me, but not super human .
Lori
Old 04-16-15, 09:24 AM  
horusosiris

I did Cathe Live Pedal Max this morning. This was good spinning workout with some climbs, tabata intervals, and sprints. I liked the workout but frankly the music was awful. I am not one to notice music in workouts unless it is very good or very bad. I wish she would use music similar to the music found in the Sufferfest workouts.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 08:26 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I did Cathe Live Pedal Max this morning. This was good spinning workout with some climbs, tabata intervals, and sprints. I liked the workout but frankly the music was awful. I am not one to notice music in workouts unless it is very good or very bad. I wish she would use music similar to the music found in the Sufferfest workouts.
I really love Cathe Live and spinning, but have zero desire to do any of her spinning workouts. Partly because of the blah music and partly because of the excessive standing. I don't mind the music as much with other types of Live workouts, but when spinning I need some good music. Thankfully, Sufferfest keeps me entertained in that area.

The Sufferfest music idea of using Indie music is something I wish other instructors would explore. One problem is not having a steady beat, but with plenty of Cathe workouts these days, she doesn't even use the beat.
Old 04-16-15, 08:27 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:

That's why Cathe's Spin workouts don't appeal to me, because I need good music for spinning. I used to do her spinning dvds, but ever since I discovered Studio Sweat on Demand I have no desire to even try a Cathe Live Spin workout.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 08:41 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
That's why Cathe's Spin workouts don't appeal to me, because I need good music for spinning. I used to do her spinning dvds, but ever since I discovered Studio Sweat on Demand I have no desire to even try a Cathe Live Spin workout.
Would you tell me more about the music in the SSOD spinning workouts? I may look into their workouts and just wanted more info about their music.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 11:25 PM  
Cafelattee

Quote:
Would you tell me more about the music in the SSOD spinning workouts? I may look into their workouts and just wanted more info about their music.
the link to one of my old post with links to SSOD free workout on youtube. they have the Best spin music. They use top 40 real music artist. I've heard things from the 80's to Katy Perry. They have great variety so at 45 yo I here stuff I know well like aerosmith to stuff I hear on the radio but don't always know the artist

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=208172
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung