Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-01, 03:36 PM  
lynnem3
VF Supporter

It's About Time I Introduced Myself!

I started coming to VF for the reviews about four years ago and began lurking on the forum and exchanging with other VFers about two years ago. I am not shy by any means, but I just never got around to posting. I have received a lot of advice, information and encouragement from this forum, and I appreciate everyone's perspective.

I am 40, have been married 2+ years, and have a 1 year old daughter. In June, my husband took a job in the Washington, D.C. metro area, so we sold our house in Ohio and purchased one in Northern Virginia within 6 weeks (talk about stress and sticker shock!).

I have been an elementary teacher for the past ten years, but I am lucky enough to be a SAHM for now. It has brought unexpected joy to my life! I decided that along with the many new changes in my life, that I would begin particpating in the new forum.

Given a chance, I would do step or circuit workouts all the time. I've also discovered kickboxing (I know I'm way behind!) this year. I have developed a healthy respect for core strength workouts because I had absolutely no core strength after my pregnancy. I workout 3x a week for 45 to 90 min. balancing cardio, strength, and yoga/stretch. I am finally beginning to make progress on my pregnancy weight, and am regaining my prepregnancy fitness level!

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread