Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-25-19, 07:46 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - Keep Rolling Your Eyes. Maybe You'll Find a Brain Back There. 8/25

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 08:01 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

The theme made me laugh and I didn't remember seeing it before. Sold!

It has been cool this weekend. It rained all day yesterday and didn't even hit 70. Today will be a bit warmer with highs in the upper 70s. Then, for those who might be interested , it's supposed to continue to warm up with highs in the lower 80s tomorrow and Tuesday and the upper 80s the rest of the week. It's supposed to be mostly sunny with a chance of rain on only one day, Wednesday, in the coming week. It's good you are coming in this coming week and not last week, Paula. It has been really stormy for the past week and it looks like it's going to be really nice while you are here. So, no raincoat, shorts/crops/light pants, short sleeves.

We'll probably have a quiet day today. DH has been in a lot of pain because of the unstable air with all the storms and I hope he can start recovering today.

Mary - If it ranked an "oh ma gooses", that cookie must have been great. Glad you got to try it!

Dede - Good to see you.

Anita - Hope you had/have a great day at the Renaissance Faire!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-25-19, 09:40 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! I didn't have as good an idea as yours, it's hilarious!

Yes, I'm planning on hitting the Renaissance Fair today! Looking forward to it! I already walked Gus in our neighborhood - hope he can tolerate a day by himself, but I doubt we'll be back very late tonight. We're having wonderful weather here also - currently in the 60's and will warm to the mid70's today. The State Fair has been reporting record attendance days every day of the fair so far because of this cool weather. I can tell based on the traffic around here . I'm hoping the Ren Fair will be lighter attended as most people go to the State Fair - at least that worked last year!

I got some sad news from Madison. My best friend lost a daughter to murder - she got stabbed Friday night. Not much to go on for that at this point. Frankly it's a bit of a relief for her mom and myself as this daughter was very mentally ill - very aggressive, suicidal, and negative in all her thoughts and actions. Wouldn't seek therapy or respond to whatever therapy she got well. My friend is already rearing her daughter and now she'll have a lot more stability in her life. Sad news, but a bit of a deep breath of relief. I hope the daughter now gets some peace.

Laura, glad you found someone to help with your website. These internet resources seem to be goals for lots of people - guess it's now the dream of kids.

Mary, glad you enjoyed your ice cream! I think I could handle having to walk somewhere to get it, but just not bring a container back to my house .

Glad you popped in, Dede!

Paula, I hope you can have some peace of mind before your husband's appointment .

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 11:58 AM  
Tiny

Greetings!

It’s chores day for me, but now that it’s just me and I’m in a smaller space it takes me less than an hour to do my cleaning. I guess that would be a positive?

Anita~it was just a cookie, no ice cream. Enjoy the fair, be safe! I’m so sorry about your friends daughters death (even if it was a relief, it’s still hard). This is really a hard year.

Laura~that is fantastic that you were able to find someone to help you with your website! Very funny theme , thank you! It doesn’t seem as though we are getting any rain this weekend.

Paula~i’ll be keeping y’all in my prayers.

Hi Dede!

Talk soon!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-19, 08:35 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yin Yoga with Travis Eliot and a walk with DH.

Laura, thanks for getting us started, got a good laugh from theme. Sorry the weather is making your DH feel worse. Thanks for the weather report. I'm only taking one pair of long pants, figuring it will be capri weather.

Anita, hope you had fun at the Renaissance Faire. Also hope Gus was OK by himself. What shocking news about your friend's daughter. Even if the daughter had many issues, a violent passing is terrible and must be difficult for the family. But, from what you say, I suspect the family has been expecting something like this for a long time. I hope the daughter (grandchild) will now find some loving stability in her life. As for having peace of mind between now and DH's surgery, not sure if "peace" is the word I'd use - "acceptance" maybe? We've been down this road before just knowing what to expect is helpful.

Mary, there's always an upside. One of the things I like about my condo is how easy it is to clean. Thanks for your kind thoughts.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-19, 06:59 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC this morning taking care of turtles and bats. It's supposed to be a rainy day today, so don't know about Gus's walks. I had fun at the Renaissance Fair yesterday - saw all my favorite performers. The food though was ugh - got a rainbow grilled cheese sandwich which was a big mess. It was nice not to have the huge crowds that are there after the State Fair closes - good move on the timing of this.

Mary, somehow I had ice cream on my mind as indulgences , but cookies qualify also! They did arrest someone for my friend's daughter's stabbing. I've no idea if they knew each other.

Paula, I hope acceptance works for what you and your husband will be going through....

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-26-19, 07:36 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Good morning. This morning, I'll get some stuff done around the house and then head for the gym. I'm trying to figure out if I need to go to the chiropractor on the way since my lower back is bothering me some.

Anita - It's good you had a good time at the quieter Renaissance Faire. What makes a grilled cheese rainbow-esque? I'm sorry about your friend's daughter. I hope they can walk the line between their grief and hope for the future.

Paula - Capris! That's what I meant when I said crops. I couldn't remember the technical term. I imagine you feel like you are in a holding pattern until the end of next month. It's good that the last time gave you some knowledge about what to expect.

Mary - I hate cleaning, so any less time spent at it is a plus in my book.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-26-19, 08:02 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout today, did most of my packing this morning. Just a few last minute things to pack tomorrow morning. DH and I did some flying today, I wanted to spend some fun time with him before I leave.

Anita, good timing on the faire. What exactly is a rainbow grilled cheese? Three different kinds of cheese? On the acceptance thing, each day gets a little easier. We can't know or do anything until after his surgery, so we're in a holding pattern for now.

Laura, hope your back is doing better. Yes, the past experience does make it easier is some respects. The actual turmor is a different type this time so that may make affect the treatment protocol. To soon to tell.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-19, 08:09 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on getting Gus out for a nice walk and enjoying my day, later working at the circus.

The rainbow grilled cheese sandwich was a simple grilled cheese sandwich colored with food dye liquids (blue, green, red) poured on in any direction like a kindergartener colored it. I thought it would be inside for the cheesy part of the sandwich, but they colored the bread also. Everything melted together and blended everywhere and the sandwich wasn't pickupable as it was squished so badly all the cheese had oozed everywhere. I felt like a four year old depicting a timer tantrum had colored my sandwich all over . It tasted like squished grilled cheese but just looked horrible. Just one type of cheese in there. I was just hoping for a simple food item...

Laura, hope your back is doing better! Sounds like you have found a good chiropractor though.

Paula, did they do all the imaging tests on your husband already so they know the extent of what is going on in his bladder, or is imaging set for next month? Glad you got a good flight in with him to enjoy some time together.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-27-19, 11:22 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a busy day with the cleaners coming and I went to the library to trade in books and get new ones. I read one book and found the other two on my Kindle, so I read the one and went and got some other ones.

I continue working to create blog posts on working in a flexible workplace. This afternoon, I'll start downloading the videos I've made this afternoon or tomorrow so I can edit them.

Anita - That sandwich doesn't sound very appealing. I can understand how you would want a simple, good grilled cheese sandwich and all that color would be irritating.

Paula - It's good you got to spend time in the plane with DH. Good luck with your flight - the commercial one to NC. I hope the air system cooperates with you.

Laura's Workout Mantras: