Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-21, 10:29 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP, Im very glad to see that you are coping with the bad weather and power outages as best you can. Black ice on the roads is no joke. Tell Hubby to take it very carefully.

SB- Snow shoveling is most definitely a workout.

Yesterday was indoor walking with Jenny F and Leslie S. I just realized yesterday that I've been spelling her name wrong...Lesley. I used to work with someone who would get very annoyed if she saw 'ie' instead or 'ey', because she said that it was the difference between male and female spelling. Hence, my error. (And Lesley from work's error too!)

Today, I will do more indoor walking I guess.
Old 02-21-21, 04:57 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nora View Post

Yesterday was indoor walking with Jenny F and Leslie S. I just realized yesterday that I've been spelling her name wrong...Lesley. I used to work with someone who would get very annoyed if she saw 'ie' instead or 'ey', because she said that it was the difference between male and female spelling. Hence, my error. (And Lesley from work's error too!)
Butting in on this thread to interject that your former co worker is absolutely WRONG WRONG about the "ie" version of the name Leslie being the masculine form of the name. It's used for both, and there's a female "ie" in my family. She also sounds like she needs some help if something like that got her "very annoyed."

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 06:34 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I did some laundry today. It nice to have clean clothes Today's high was 60* so I guess I can say things are back to normal again. I like normal! Although I'm still boiling water.

Today I did Reps to the Rhythm's 5000s 2.5m Walk #29. It was nice to get up and moving again after a week of being on the couch under blankets.

I'm working on a crocheted blanket with no shoulder pain {finally!} and I'm finished with the blocks of a quilt top.

Nora and Cat, It seems these days people spell names however they want, in an effort to be different and stand out. I think criticizing or correcting the spelling of someone else's name is just rude!

Nora, we are more familiar with black ice down here than snow, but Hubby says the roads are mostly clear now. After today's sun most of the snow is melting away, just leaving mud. yuck!

SB, dad was trying to shovel out his driveway to get to the store today. He said he broke his snow shovel. The sun had melted the top layer then it refroze. He was able to get out and return but had a little trouble getting up the hill to the garage. Hoping everything goes smoothly for your appointment and that all is well.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 08:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute walk

Woohoo! Felt like an old time walk from a couple of months ago. LOL. Hope this is a trend. Not sure if I'll walk today. I have the dr appt in a little bit, then a phone appt this afternoon with SS and possibly snow or rain in addition to all that.

PENGUIN, good job with Reps to the Rhythm. I'm sure it felt great getting back to normal. That was sure a rough week you had. Yay for clean clothes and no shoulder pain.

CATADDICT, awesome post. Stop in anytime, we always enjoy more input here.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 06:35 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today was a bit of a mish mash of trying to find new workouts. I think I'm doing them faster than they make them I started with UTTB Fit 4m warmup to Dance with Me, then to LWR's 12m Walk and Tone, this was filmed at the lake in France. BTW, Lucy is always so serious during her workouts but apparently she has a sense of humor, there was a huge shark dorsal fin in the water behind her during a few of the toning segments . Then on to her 12m Virtual walk, very slow paced. then I switched to Rick Bhullar's Latin Vibes 2800s. this was filmed by the edge of an outdoor pool with Dubai's cityscape in the background.

Still boiling water but at least we have water and power to do that! My SIL works at a grocery store and says the shelves are bare of bottled water and its gone as soon as it hits the shelves. We have a trip planned tomorrow afternoon so it will be interesting to see what the shelves look like.

SB, glad you had a nice long walk and I hope the weather holds for you. We had a pop up shower last night that just made everything wetter!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 08:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

No workouts to report. Yesterday I had the dr appt, then a phone appt and it was snowing so I called it a rest day. We got a couple more inches and then it rained at the very end so I never got out to shovel. So that's on tap this morning and hopefully it all clears up and I can walk later. Oh yeah, a dentist appt this afternoon. Fun.

PENGUIN, wow you're zipping through those YT workouts. That's a nice variety you found. Are they putting limits on how much bottled water you can buy at the grocery store? Yikes.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 02-23-21, 10:09 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Smile

SB- its nice to see you getting back to those 50 minute walks. My DD tells me the winter conditions down your way are the worst she's seen since living in NYC. It sounds like youre taking care of business with all those appointments.

Speaking of appointments, I had follow-up x rays and consult yesterday. My shoulder is coming along and I can now begin to cut down on brace/sling wearing....There's a thing called shoulder lock that can set in if I don't lose the sling apparently. Def don't want that!

yesterday I did some brisk (given my circumstances) pacing inside and outside the house until I reached 400 cals on my fitbit. That took a bit over an hour. Probably more of the same today. I'm very thankful for podcasts and audio books.

PP- That's a pain to have to boil your water, but at least you have power and water. Nice workouts.

Hello Cataddict - feel free to stop by anytime! Just don't spell my name with an "h".
Old 02-24-21, 09:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

LWR Best Arms
LWR Abs & Waist
100 kettlebell swings
plank

I shoveled a little yesterday morning but it was damp and drizzly and I wasn't up for a walk after that so I did some Lucy Wyndham Read from YT. I enjoy her workouts, quick and to the point. Then I had to go to the dentist.
Today looks to be a lovely day so I'm planning on walking before I visit my sister later.

NORA, nice to see some pacing/walking for you.
Great news on your shoulder. The last several winters have definitely been milder than years past. And I'm sure your DD is used to much more severe winters than we get here. How is she holding up overall?
I hear crime and business in NYC has really deteriorated. I try not to pay too much to the news if I can help it though.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-25-21, 08:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

49 minute outdoor walk

A downright balmy day yesterday in the 50s. Very lovely. Today won't be quite so nice but we're still well above freezing and I'm hoping for another walk today and hopefully more.

Waves to all. Stay well.
Old 02-26-21, 08:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

Planning another walk today.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Have a good day.