Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-21, 09:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - February 2021

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Have a happy, healthy and safe February!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 09:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Below is my post from last month's thread:
Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

That's all I could motivate myself to do. The big storm is upon us. They're saying it's the worst storm in NJ since 2016! Just great. We may get up to 2 feet of snow

PENGUIN, good job working out when you didn't want to and with an interruption. You're made of tougher stuff than me lately.
lol

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!

ETA -- This snow got me so worked up I forgot it's a new month!!
I'm going to start the new February thread now!!
Old 02-01-21, 09:36 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I didn't feel much like working out today either, but I did it anyway. I think I'm just tired. I did Reps to the Rhythm's 5000s #24. I was disappointed in this one, he did a lot of the same moves over and over then in the last 6min when I was stretching he did some new, fun moves. Gah! This one had a warmup and a cooldown which his workouts usually don't have.

My parents are coming over again tomorrow. Hubby bought a car from a friend, Dad is dropping Mom off here, then they are going to borrow a trailer, bring the car here. It needs some work, so we'll see how much etc. He only paid $500 for a old Blazer, so if he can get it running that will be a great deal.

SB, I've seen a lot of IG posts about dogs bouncing though snowdrifts taller than they are. I hope it doesn't get that bad for you!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 09:39 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB- I find the weeks are just flying by. It seems like you are always starting a new thread for the month! Thank you for keeping up on that.

Yes, I hear the storm has descended upon you. We are getting it tomorrow...or so they say. Meanwhile, today was a beautiful sunny one and I went for a 1 1/2 hour walk with my friend. I also did legs and back from Jari's Ripped and Jacked. Yesterday, some stepping with Gin.

How are things your way PP? Did you get some snow?
Old 02-02-21, 08:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

YT Pahla B's Lean Toning
60 kettlebell swings

Definitely not an outdoor walk day.
We got about 20 inches or so where I am but some parts of the state got 30 inches!
Crazy. I doubt I can walk today, too much darn snow out there. My neighbor came and did the driveway and walkway with his snow blower a couple of times which was so nice. It still needs more work but if he doesn't come by today it will be more manageble for me to shovel at least.
I did shovel the steps and front walk and will have to do that again today too.
DS said he will try to come by today or tomorrow but I'll do what I can. I don't want him driving today anyway.

PENGUIN, sorry Reps was a disappointment.
You did it though. We have a table in the backyard and it looks like 3 feet of snow on top of it! Hope they get the car running.
Handy guys.

NORA, oh nice walk. Yeah the months just creep up on me way too quickly. Good luck if you get any snow your way.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone.
Old 02-02-21, 07:17 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

That was nice of your neighbour to help out with the snow, SB. We got a bit today, but nothing too bad....but maybe our standards are different!

I finished Ripped and Jacked today and did some dance with Steve Steinbacher. I also did a segment of Marcus Irwin step.

Happy Groundhog Day!
Old 02-03-21, 10:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was just some snow shoveling and car digging out! Thankfully the neighbor came by with the snowblower again so he took care of the driveway and made a path to the side of the house so I can more easily access the garbage and recycling bins. DD and I dug out the car and I shoveled the steps. DS is coming by today hopefully to finish up whatever snow is left.

I doubt I'll be doing any outdoor walking for awhile. We have no sidewalks in my neighborhood and the streets are so narrow with all the snow so it's really not too safe to walk. Plus we have a deep freeze coming next week. I'll see what I come up with.

NORA, nice workouts! Yes I'm sure your snow standards are different but 2 feet is pretty impressive in any book I'd say.

Waves to all! Stay well everyone.
Old 02-03-21, 11:56 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, thankfully, no snow yet, they keep moving it out a few days.

SB, That's a lot of snow! Nice of your neighbor to help out. They got the car, and its currently sitting in the yard in front of the house, much to my embarrassment. Hubby did a few things to it today but nothing major. We did go shopping today for quilting things and fabric! That was the fun part .

Tomorrow is the first knitting meeting of the year! It will be nice to see everyone again.

My parents get their second shot of the covid vaccine next week, they have heard that they will be sick for a few days after the second shot. Dad was sick a few days after the first one but this is supposed to be worse. I offered to bring them chicken soup but they both wrinkled their noses. hey, my soup isn't that bad! :P

Old 02-04-21, 07:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

I hope I can walk today but like I said there's so much snow piled high and making the streets so narrow that I don't feel safe.
I may try later and see how it goes.
We don't have that much traffic in my neighborhood so it might work. I'm getting close to trying MR again too. Maybe today's the day?

PENGUIN, your shopping trip sounds nice.
I'm glad the knitting group is starting back up. It will feel good to get out and see everyone. I visited with my sister for a couple of hours yesterday. I hope your parents do ok with the vaccine next week.
I would looove homemade chicken soup, my favorite!

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 02-05-21, 08:20 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I was a little surprised they turned down chicken soup! I hope you were able to get outside for a walk, but if not MR surely will give you a good workout!

Our weather says that next week is going to be yucky. highs in the teens! snow! rain on all 3 off days! Apparently, I'm just going to spend the week on the couch under a blanket!

Today I did a few Walk and Tone workouts with Lucy Wyndham-Reed. The first was just her in her LR, she said she was just filming on her phone and I got the idea that the 'shelter in place' had just started, 30m Indoor Walk and Full Body Sculpt, next was 1m Indoor virtual Walk, nice wooded path on a split screen, followed by 10m Walk and Tone. This was the same lake setting as one I did before but no snow or ice!