Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-05-21, 08:56 AM  
AnMrsDe

Jane, Sounds like you guys lucked out with the snow!! Yes, the cold really bothers my joints, it's true. I keep telling my DH we need to move somewhere warm year 'round when we retire!!

Bex, ITA with Jane...you are ROCKIN' the workouts!!! Great job with Caroline and your yoga! No one would ever surmise you had surgery just a few short months ago. Awesome progress.//Yvette's BOSU classes are the BEST!!

T2B, ha, I ALWAYS do double arm hammers in Beast Bulk Arms and slow down the tricep reps. I guess it's just a 'given' now. Good job with Beast, as usual.

Waves to all ~~~TGIF!!!~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 11:06 AM  
Luv2WO

Hi Jane! I am doing old Barre3 workouts that I have on an old iPad. I think I got them from YouTube back in the day. I like how the new workouts have a cardio factor but there are so many squats and lunges. I decided to count the squats in one of the latest workouts and there were 72 in the first 3 minutes. That is just overkill to me. I also feel like the newer workouts have less core work with the ball. That is one of the reasons I fell in love with Barre3 in the first place. Let me know what you think if you do one.

AnMrsDe - Yes to moving somewhere warm someday! I live in Utah and we've had barely any snow but it has been cold. I feel like this winter season is going by fast though! I admire you doing a meditation every day. I did one last night and am going to try and incorporate them more. I need it. Haha!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 09:52 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I'm in for February. We have been moving heavy furniture for the past several weekends! I feel like I've already gotten quite the workout.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 07:19 AM  
Cher

AnMrsDe, we are getting the bitter cold here to.

Jane, I’m a baby when it comes to the cold too. I think that is part of my problem with not wanting to workout now. Just hate getting into my workout clothes and going down to the basement when it is so cold.
DS’s job seems to be going well. He does have to go into the office for now. Most the people go in once or twice a week and work from home the other days. He is job shadowing now but once he learns things he will WFH 3 or 4 days a week too.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 09:36 AM  
bex

Thanks for the shout out Jane and AnMrsDe. I have been working hard and it's very kind of you to notice.

But actually, it's allgirlsinaz who's been just banging out Caroline's workouts, one after another, like it's nothin'. I'm know how tough they are and I'm so impressed.

AnMrsDe, I think my balance challenges in yoga come from under-activated gluteus medius, and I need to do more band work. I'll be making notes of the ones you designate your "PT exercises'. I also have PT prescribed exercises with a FW band, but I can't make myself do them. It's just too boring without music and an engaging instructor.

Glad to see some old friends are back (hi shoegoddess, happy birthday!) and always welcome to the later joiners - Cher & ealakey.

Waves to everyone!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 08:59 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Last week was another emotionally draining one. To top it off, I was diagnosed with covid last night. The fever, headache, and body aches are brutal.
bex, great job with your workouts!
Cher, I'm glad your son's job is going well.
Beth, lifting heavy furniture is a workout!
Luv2WO, I'm just north of you in Idaho, and we haven't had much snow either. It has been cold off and on.
AnMrsDe, moving to a warmer climate is a great idea for retirement.
Jane, I'm dreaming of spring and planting flowers too
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 09:35 AM  
donnamp

Oh Chrys - I'm sorry about the COVID diagnosis. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 11:09 AM  
Luv2WO

Chrys - I'm so sorry to hear you have Covid. I hope your symptoms go away quickly and you feel better soon.
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 10:01 PM  
fanofladyvols

Chrys echoing wishes for mild symptoms and quick recovery!!

Waves to everyone for a great week ahead!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 06:34 AM  
Cher

Chrys, that stinks. Hope you start feeling better soon.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts