Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-20, 08:36 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

For those of you who do Jessica Workouts---the compendium is edited to be current as of 12/26/2020, includes latest December releases!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iq5a0yrwo...zosjOyADa?dl=0
Old 12-27-20, 08:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica Valent - Full Body Workout for Women Over 50 - this one included some standing traditional exercises w/ weights along w/ some Pilates exercises and PT exercises on the floor. It was a nice mix.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for SI Joint - another nice routine -some slight overlap to the exercises I did in the full body workout.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Flexibility

Jessica V's stuff is always nice for a little bit of Pilates and PT.

If it warms up DD and I may walk today - we skipped yesterday - but since we're both off this week we may do our long walk tomorrow when it is supposed to get up to 50.

Thinking for the last week of the year of doing Jessica S and Jessica V and Adriene, but we shall see what tomorrow brings, as always!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Leslie -thank you for sharing!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 03:33 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Jessica's Walk Strong (Cardio Party!) I plan to add in Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates, Simply Stretch or other yoga so may follow this rotation a little more loosely.

Have a good Sunday everyone!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 10:17 PM  
Leonana

Rest day yesterday and today. I hope to get back to my workout schedule tomorrow. Especially since I ate a lot over the holiday!

I got Jessica’s Pilates and Yoga dvd in the mail yesterday. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

wishiwasinhawaii, I checked and the Chris Freytag Prevention dvd came out in 2010. Hard to believe that was almost 11 years ago! She went on her own shortly after. Her dvd 10 Pounds Down Better Body Blast was 2011, Cardio Abs was 2012, and Total Body Balance and Walking for Wellness was 2013. I think I discovered Jessica in 2013.

Leslie, thanks for posting!
Old 12-28-20, 09:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I went old school - and did:

Charlene Prickett - Oxygen In, Calories Out - Workout # 1 - this is classic Charlene low impact aerobics. There is still nothing quite like it - maybe Pahla B is somewhat close - but she managed to get the HR up w/out impact and w/out "walking"....this one was filmed in an old theater turned nightclub, so it didn't have the lovely setting of her outdoor workouts, but it was better than the white background that she started using toward the end of her filming career. Anyway,last night I was on a kick of watching older workouts from the 80's/90's (inspired by the Jane Fonda thread!) and then I stumbled across a channel on You Tube that has a playlist of some of Charlene's Series 17 shows...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...4oH08oA/videos

And, then that got me digging through my VHS tapes...

Also, my SI joint is a bit wonky and I didn't want to do an indoor walking workout since that can flare up the SI joint and also DD and I are planning an outdoor walk for this afternoon since it is going to warm up.

ANYWAY...it was fun to re-visit Charlene and I have this half-crazy idea of a back to basics January - following along w/ the Series 17 playlist - the schedule is:

Monday - Low Impact
Tuesday - Strength
Wed - Step
Thurs - Strength
Friday - Step

And then on Sat/Sun I can do wildcard days. M-F I can add on yoga and/or Pilates as well since the workouts are only 30 min.

But we'll see if my interest holds out for that long.

I also did:

Barbara Benagh - Yoga for Stress Relief - SI joint practice. This is a good one and one I have neglected since getting so into finding yoga on You Tube.

So - back to basics January???

Pam and wishiwasinhawaii - good job w/ your Jessica workouts!

Sherry - I over did it over the holidays as well---I am really going to try to get myself under control in the new year. It has been challenging this year to stay on top of good nutrition. I think I discovered Jessica around the same time via her You Tube channel!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Also - speaking of retro things - I learned about Pluto TV which is free streaming TV - and there are a lot of retro TV shows on it from the 70's/80's...I must be in a nostalgic mood. Now this may not be news to everyone, but it was too me, LOL!

Take care,

Donna
Old 12-28-20, 05:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Jessica's Total Body Training as well as her Gentle Yoga Stretch (Flexibility) workouts today! Drives me a bit crazy when she says to pick up your heavy set of weights to begin with shoulder presses. I have to remember this for next time this workout comes up in the rotation. Otherwise a very good workout. Grrrrr,

April Focus:
Old 12-28-20, 09:52 PM  
Leonana

I did some house cleaning today, so chose a shorter workout. I did Jessica’s You Tube 20 Minute Back Friendly workout.

Donna, I haven’t heard of Pluto TV either!

Pam, Jessica usually uses heavy weights for over head moves. I workout in my bedroom and put my weights on the bed. That way I can switch them really quick!
Old 12-29-20, 09:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday my DD and I took our long walk which was nice - the weather was cooperative, too.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1229 - an all standing routine

Charlene Prickett - Strong at Any Age - Workout # 1 - this is one of those workouts that I did not appreciate when it first came out (I guess early 2000's??? Not sure when it came out - but it is on the white set and Charlene is w/ her daughter, Xanna in this one) b/c it seemed to slow and "boring" - today it seems just right - it is kind of like Physical Therapy - but in a good way - in that you can see how these exercises may actually help your performance in doing other activities and also in reducing aches and pains. A lot of plank work and core stability.

I wanted to do some yoga afterwards, but couldn't settle on anything so I ended up w/ Jill Miller Quick Fix - 10 min quick fix for hips.

I may do a walk or some other yoga later.

Sherry - I have yet to try that Back Friendly workout.....I must put it on the list to do. Good idea to keep your weights on an elevated surface!

Pam - one thing I do find frustrating w/ some of Jessica's strength training videos is finding the right weight - but I guess that is the trouble with any strength training workout that isn't super straightforward/gym style (which I tend to find boring...)

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii! Oh, I forgot to mention - Pahla B suggests that you can do a standing leg raise - (front or side) or deadlifts to sub out for squats and lunges if your knees don't feel good w/ squats and lunges. Deadlifts used to bother me more, but I just go slow now and they are fine.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna

Donn
Old 12-29-20, 02:11 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Barefoot Fusion Sculpt from WS 1. It's been fun revisiting this rotation. It's been so long since I've done this one that it almost feels brand new! I also went out for a walk yesterday because the weather was warmer, but it's too cold and windy today.

Donna, Thanks for the link to the new Lucy calendar. I will do those as add ons. Also, thanks for the Pahla B tips on squats. I'm finding that if I follow Debbie during Jessica's workouts when squats come up, I do ok. She doesn't squat very low or sometimes doesn't squat at all. I've never followed Debbie in the past so I wasn't aware of that.

Sherry, I've watched Pluto TV a few times. It's great that it's free, but there are commercials that pop up at odd times.

Pam, I did Total Body Training the other day and forgot that she starts off with the heavy weights, so I wasn't ready and had to pause the DVD, lol.
Old 12-29-20, 03:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Jessica's Brain Fitness Fun as well as her Gentle Yoga for Back Pain Relief! Jessica is such a joy to work out with. I think she's so adorable and I love her positivity and energy. It's also wonderful that she works out with her mom, too!

I liked Brain Fitness Fun quite a bit, and it was nice needing no special equipment. Gentle Yoga for Back Pain Relief was a good one, while being pretty relaxing, too! I haven't done that one in a while and realize I need to revisit so many of her stretchy yoga workouts. I tend to stick to cardio and strength so hoping I can balance out my routine a bit more with kinder, gentler workouts.

Anyone know which round mat Jessica uses? I would love to get something like this, instead of using my regular yoga mat.

April Focus:

Tags
jessica smith get strong