Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-24-20, 07:39 PM  
Leonana

Today was my walking around Goodwills. I found three dvds, two pink firms and a brand new 10MS, Tone Trouble Zones. It even has the band, brand new in the package.

Donna, I've frequently looked at Natalie Spadaccino's dvd's on Mary's site, but have never pulled the trigger on them.

wishiwainhawaii, the dvds are not my cup of tea either, although I will get them. It seems that there should be two more dvd's coming.
Old 11-25-20, 08:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was one of my favorites:

Ellen - Fat Burning Fusion

I added on:

Jessica Valent - 10 Day Pilates Challenge - Upper Back Pilates - I can't remember what "day" it is on the challenge, but this one is a good one for those of us who sit at a desk all day. I like the way Jessica fuses Pilates and PT.

So....I'm tempted by the Barre 3 deal - but I'm trying to talk sense into myself, LOL. I have to really consider how much I would use it. Right now I'm pretty content w/ Pahla B., Jessica V. and Ellen. I'm not sure how I would fit in B3.

Although it is such a good deal.....

I'm still on the fence about renewing Trifecta Pilates - I got a discounted price last year that carries into renewals, but that is one I like but don't reach for that often.

Anyway - first world problems!

Sherry - good finds at GoodWill!

wishiwasinhawaii - healthy for the holidays looks like a good plan.

I will likely get Jessica's newest DVDs as well as anything else she puts out.

My foot is feeling better, I have purposefully been trying to avoid stressing it out, so I have curtailed my outdoor walks, which isn't great, but hopefully will be just temporary.

Hope everyone has a good day!

waves, Pam and Tracy....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 10:21 PM  
Leonana

Today was the 10MS Tone Trouble Zones with the band, with Amy Bento. I did three of the workouts, upper, lower and total body. I liked it pretty well. Although, I felt it was a bit rushed, but I feel that with all 10MS. It's as if the instructors want to pack in as much as they can in 10 minutes.

This evening I tried Jessica Valant’s Power Pilates workout. I was breathing hard! I kept up for most of it, although I was wobbly. Couldn’t do the sit-ups of course, but I did better than in the past. I guess my core is stronger from strength workouts. So far my lower back isn’t sore, so crossing my fingers.

Just the three of us tomorrow for Thanksgiving. Just as well, it means we are safer.

Donna, that's great your foot is feeling better. It's always so frustrating to wait!
Old 11-26-20, 08:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Steady State Cardio - Running Meditation - Gratitude - I did this one on the bike rather than walking/running in place or using the treadmill. I find I enjoy doing her running workouts on the bike. In this one she talked about gratitude and did a meditation where you thought about a part of your body and why you were grateful for it. It went like this Even though my X is Y, I'm grateful for it because of Z. I also heard the longest periods of silence ever on a Pahla B video in this one - as she would make the statement and then she was quiet while we thought about it. I don't mind Pahla's chattiness, obviously, since I do her workouts pretty regularly, but it was interesting hearing the silence! LOL!

Jessica Valent - Pilates Tabata - this was a Pilates routine done in a Tabata format 20 seconds on/10 seconds off. She did Planks, Bridge work, abs and lower body using this format.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Chefs - this was a nice short practice. Her digestion practice was up for today but I decided it would be better left for tomorrow. Chef is more appropriate for today, LOL!

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving, however you are celebrating it (or not) this year.

Sherry - glad you enjoyed your new workouts - I do like Jessica V for the most part - she seems to be mindful of how to move the body w/out injury - her background is as a Physical Therapist.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii, Tracy and Pam!

Just the three of us today - which is fine for me! Also pulling the Xmas decorations out...

Donna
Old 11-26-20, 08:29 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I did a standing abs workout this morning and Turkey Trot yesterday in honor of Thanksgiving! I'm not really following the Healthy for the Holidays like I had planned and am using it more as a guide.

No plans for today, other than watching the parade. I'm glad they were able to figure out a way to do it this year.

Donna, I'm going to put up my Christmas tree tomorrow, which is early for me. I don't normally do that until Dec. 1, but with COVID and everything else, I feel like doing something fun and putting it up earlier means I can enjoy it longer.

Sherry, Those workouts sound tough!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-20, 05:56 PM  
Leonana

Today was Fall Back Into Fitness Stretch on you tube. My lower back and neck was sore today and the stretch felt good. I guess Jessica Valent ab work is a no for me. But I’ll still try some of her other stuff.

Donna, just the three of us too this year. I’m doing the decorations tomorrow.

wishiwasinhawaii, I listened to a podcast about how the Macy’s parade works. It was pretty interesting.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-27-20, 09:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Total Body Low Impact Workout - Good for Your Body & Brain - this was a mix of cardio work, body weight strength and balance. It got the job done!

Jessica Valent - Side Lying Series and Booty Burner - combined, this was tough. All floorwork, but cumulatively effective.

I have the day off today, we're going to decorate and just not do much of anything else.

My foot got a tad irritated yesterday - I think the biking did it - too much pressure I guess. My poor doggies match me - my Lab always limps now but my Golden is limping as well. She hurt herself somehow earlier in the week and was looking better yesterday so I made the mistake of throwing the ball for her....and now she is back to limping. I guess none of us are getting any younger.

I haven't been super tempted by any of the Black Friday deals so far. I really am considering cutting back on my subscriptions next year and using my DVDs and You Tube.

I think I will stick with Jessica V - I have a year until July and I'll re-evaluate then, but I'll probably stick w/ her b/c her prices are reasonable and her stuff is easy to fit in w/ whatever else I'm doing. And, of course, Ellen - I managed to do something from her at least once a week.

I think Trifecta will go and FW, too, probably, b/c I have many of her DVDs and also she posts on You Tube.

So, so far, no Black Friday temptations...

Sherry - I'm sorry your neck and back hurt!!

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii, Pam and Tracy...

Donna
Old 11-28-20, 11:09 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Yesterday was Stepping Strength from youtube and today was a stretch. I'm staying in today to get some things done around the house.

Thanksgiving was quiet and I did a

Donna, It's funny, but I have no interest in streaming subscriptions. I'm not even sure why because it seems like a good idea, lol. Your foot injury sounds like one of those nagging ones where you're going to have to stay off it for at least a week and see what happens.

Sherry, What podcast was it about the parade? I'm interested in those sorts of things.

Off to do my housework...
Old 11-28-20, 01:31 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was thrift store dvd's. Exhale Core Fusion Body Sculpt. Kind of a dreary dark set, and not a very exciting workout. But it seems really effective. I have doms in my glutes and arms. There are five ten minute workouts. I did arms, thighs and glutes. I won't be able to do the abs section, and I saved the stretch for another time. I will keep this one.

Today I tried the Flat Belly Workout with Ellen Barrett. This one I'm getting rid of. Too much repetitive movements, which made for a long 25 minutes. I did like the standing ab moves sprinkled throughout the workout. Of course, I can't do the floor work section.

So far, I've kept three workouts, a Leslie, the Exhale, and a KCM.

wishiwasinhawaii, it's called Stuff You Should Know. They have all kinds of topics. The Macy's parade was pretty interesting. Another really interesting one was the history of the War of the Worlds radio show by Orson Welles. I think Jessica is the only subscription service I would pay for. However, I don't think she would want to constantly post new workouts, considering how long we've waited for these ones, lol.

Donna, I'm sorry to hear about your foot and your Golden. Hopefully, you will both be walking normal soon. I did like the other parts of JV's workout. But I don't think I'll ever subscribe. I think Pilates is a no for me. But TBH, I don't like her once a year subscription, especially since I would want to try it out before I committed to a year's subscription, which I assume is cheaper.
Old 11-29-20, 08:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I missed checking in yesterday, it was:

Ellen - Power 15

Ellen - Quick Fix - this was her new workout for October, it is all floorwork - Pilates/Yoga blend

Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Workout Retreat Day 1 - I got an e-mail from Smriti - offering this free five day challenge and since i haven't done any of her workouts lately I decided to sign up. I enjoyed the workout - it was mainly core as I recall.

Outdoor Walk w/ DD

Today, so far, has been:

Pilates Next - Rise & Shine Workout Retreat Days 2 and 3 - Day 2 was standing and balance and day 3 was stretching.

I plan to walk later today w/ DD.

MY foot is improving, I can tell b/c even if I do something that irritates it, it takes less time to feel better - I just have to be patient I guess. It sort of feels like shin splints across the top of my foot and into the lower part of my ankle. Weird. Especially since I don't recall hurting it - I was blaming it on my tightly laced shoes causing tendonitis - maybe that is what it is, maybe not?

I wonder if Smriti will offer a discount after the challenge? If so, I may sign up for a month...we'll see. I'm late to the party, but I enjoyed her style. And, it doesn't seem like she closes her membership down - it seems it is always open to join - which I really appreciate. I don't like these instructors that only open up membership a few times a year. They claim it is to focus on their members more, but I think it may be an attempt to get us to sign up based on FOMO.

I also got an offer from Blessful Body for $1 for 21 days...and 50% off her courses, but not sure I will bite on anything there. I do like her stuff, but it is a bit on the easier side and then it all starts to feel the same. Still, I may go for $1 for 21 days... LOL!

Sherry - I can't do the Ab work in the Exhale workouts either - which is funny b/c I can do Pilates. But it seems that they spend a lot of time in the "C" curve which doesn't make my back happy at all. There are modifications to Pilates that may make it possible for you to do it - but it is one of those things that may be more trouble than it is worth particularly if you don't have a burning desire to do Pilates and have other workouts you enjoy doing more. I don't feel that you "have" to do a particular type of workout to be fit/healthy - so if there is something you don't like or that doesn't work for you - I say leave it behind!

wishiwasinhawaii - yes, probably a week off my feet would do me good. I'm too restless though, LOL! I think it is getting better though. I'm considering starting Jessica's Healthy for the Holidays this week. It looks like a good mix of workouts that will up the intensity a bit for me and will still not be too foot intensive.

waves. Tracy and Pam!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong