Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-21, 08:16 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Thursday and Friday were back to back shovel max workouts so I took yesterday as a rest day. Today I did the TG beginner workout again.

Pam, The beginner TG workout I've been doing was different from the one in the link you posted. I did this one: https://tv.totalgymdirect.com/progra...ram?cid=129034 The one you linked to on youtube looks more difficult. I started using the TG years ago when I was in PT for an injury. That must have been more than 20 years ago and I always wanted a TG, but couldn't afford it, so when I saw something similar for less money, I bought it and still have it. I don't have a lot of space here, but when I move (maybe next year) I'm planning to sell the one I have and get the real TG.

Donna, Hope you are able to figure out the SI joint issue on your own. I'm still having knee issues on and off, but I don't want to go to doctors for that because I know they'll just send me to PT and I don't want to go there now with COVID. So I've been trying different things. What seems to aggravate it is sitting too long...

Sherry, I saw Jessica's email about Lift & Shift releasing in March! I agree it's probably going to be digital, but we'll see. It will be nice to have a new program to do.

Liz, I have the same problem with higher weight dumbbells having a thick grip. The heaviest ones I have are 10 lbs and it's definitely tougher to grip them.

Have a good day!
Old 02-21-21, 08:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I went back to visiting Pahla today:

Pahla B - February Challenge - Day # 1 - Leaning Toning - this was an all strength/balance workout from Pahla. I actually felt a bit rusty on some of the exercises - particularly with the balance component.

Trifecta Pilates - Pilates w/ Yoga Block (You Tube) - this one uses a yoga block as a prop to work the inner line, as Beth says, I have read that strengthening inner and outer thighs is good for SI issues it helps w/ stabilization.

If it thaws a bit DD and I will probably walk today - ti is sunny at least!

Pam - Ugh on the stress and dealing w/ all of that from afar.

wishiwasinhawaii - we are on the same page about PT and COVID. I also think the bulk of my problem is sitting too much and not having great posture when I do.

waves, Liz and Sherry!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 06:57 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong 2 Day 17 (Total Focus!)

Hi Ladies,

Something is wacky with this rotation. I've now done Total Focus three times and lower and upper only twice, so far. I looked at the schedule and here it was again today after doing it only two days ago, ha! Oh well, I did it again and listened to Jessica talk about corsets and spanx yet again! Good thing I like this one. I was tempted to grab another workout but didn't want to make any decisions.

Mom is driving me crazy from 3,000 miles away!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 11:16 PM  
Leonana

I've been skipping workouts on Tuesdays, so a strength workout was on for today, Cardio Interval Sculpt. But I like to do strength on Mondays, so I skipped the schedule and went outdoors for a walk. I walked a mile and a quarter in a half hour. I walked on the path by the canal, it's a popular walking spot in my neighborhood. It was really nice weather today, around 70, sunny and dry with a cool breeze.

This evening I did the 11 minute chair stretch and the 5 minute stretch from the Stretch dvd.

With skipping Tuesdays and rearranging the schedule for strength on MWF, I end up skipping workouts. I guess I will be modifying quite a bit!

Pam, I'm sorry about the long distance crazy! I hope you can get everything resolved for your mom soon.

Liz, my best cure for the snacking is to substitute some fruit. I just need to be consistent!

wishiwasinhawaii, I am looking forward to Lift and Shift. I'm wondering if it's going to be like her digital workouts sold on PP, or if it's a streaming platform. And how much either one will cost!

Donna, I hope you got your walk in today.
Old 02-21-21, 11:29 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Back again...

Had to shovel driveway and salt a few spots on the sidewalk that were icy. Letting snow pile up, I thought more would have melted. The south sidewalks are totally clear, but everything else needed my attention. Had to get the garbage cans out to the street, so driveway was a must do! ;-)

Yeah, I asked mom yesterday if she'd confirmed her move with the movers. Since she didn't do so until today, her moving date changed. She thought she was moving this upcoming weekend, and they said "no, we don't have you down for that day!" People call to get estimates and quotes from movers all the time, but if she forgets to call them back to let them know it's a go, they've already moved onto the next customer who needs to move by a certain date. She shouldn't be doing this alone at 80 years of age, but I can't exactly fly to AZ right now.

April Focus:
Old 02-22-21, 08:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday my DD and i were able to get our walk in - so that was good. It was sunny, not windy, and above freezing.

Today, it is snowing again....although on Wed here it is supposed to be 60!
Maybe we are turning a corner on the weather.

Today's workout mix was:

CS 1115 - standing and barre
Trifecta Pilates - 7 Day Challenge Day 1 - Core - this was mainly core stabilization which is something that I need and benefit from.

So..on the SI front - Not sure the belt is helping - in fact, I think it is may be causing my right side, my already tight side, to tighten up more - which is really not what I wanted. So, I'm back to experimenting....my current experiment is the CS for mobility and the Pilates for stability.

I plan to add a short Pahla or other workout in during the afternoon and maybe some PT type work in the evenings.

Oh, I forgot - yesterday I did Jessica V's Scoliosis routine after walking - which sort of reiterated that maybe what I need to work on is balancing my loose side (left) and my tight side (right).

If things don't improve I will likely suck it up and go to the Dr. I figure a telehealth appointment should suffice for a referral to PT and then I figure w/ PT maybe I can go in once and get homework to do at home. I don't really want to go into a PT office regularly w/ COVID.

Anyway -that is my rambling for today!

Pam - Ugh - sorry about the stress. None of it is easy - my mom lived 20 min away from me and it was still hard. We are getting snow here and it is sticking...ugh. That is weird about that rotation - maybe substitute another full body workout - like from You Tube?

Sherry - glad you got out for a walk, it is nice to do that - see some sunshine and get some fresh air.

waves, Liz and wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 11:13 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was the longer version of the TG beginner workout. I really enjoyed it, so I'm going to do that 3x/week and do random cardio on the other days until Jessica's Lift & Shift comes out! I was originally going to do WS2 next, but I don't want to start that and then have to switch to the new program midway.

This weather is nuts! It looks like we're getting a rain/snow/freezing rain mix later today and same for tomorrow and then much warmer on Wednesday and then into the 40s and 50s after that. I hope I don't have to do any shoveling today.

Donna, I already saw my PCP for my knee issue back in October and she wanted to send me to PT, but I didn't want to go due to COVID. I don't know if the PT will give you the exercises after only one visit, but it's worth a try. I also have to pay a $40 copay each time I go so that's another reason I'm holding off, lol.

Sherry, Yeah, I guess we'll have to wait and see if Lift & Shift is digital or DVD or what. I'll probably buy it no matter what unless it's a subscription, then I'm not sure what I'll do.

Pam, I'm so tired of shoveling! Hope things work out with your mom.

Waves to Liz!
Old 02-22-21, 04:15 PM  
Leonana

Today was WS 3 Cardio Interval Sculpt. I think I will follow the WS 3 Schedule, but substitute other workouts. I also will tweak the schedule to have Tuesday as a rest day, but strength on MWF. That means Sunday would be cardio. I am missing the Get Strong workouts, and want to sub them in. Also, Justina Ercole posted a new barre workout on you tube that I want to try.

Pam, I'm sorry about your mom and the frustration. At least you are one step closer with the move scheduled. Is she going into another retirement center?

Donna, I hope warmer weather does come your way. Good luck with your PT exercises, I hope they help.

wishiwasinhawaii, the cost is what worries me. I've seen some subscriptions as high as $50 per month! I'll have to skip that. My theory is that it's digital workouts on PP, but I don't know for sure. So nobody quote me on that, lol.
Old 02-22-21, 06:15 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Dan Isaacson's Body Makeover workout for the Total Gym today! He has you do 18 exercises and he's a bit annoying. This looks like it was one of the first videos put out by TG. I'm not likely to do this one again, unless I mute him. Also, there were a lot of changing up of the attachments so I didn't think exercises were sequenced well. Yeah, I'll be skipping this workout in the future.

Just needed a bit of a break from Jessica today, but I guess I didn't choose wisely.

Another wet and chilly day here. Spring can't come soon enough for me and we're getting some warmer weather in a few days....yay!

April Focus:
Old 02-23-21, 01:00 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
I gave myself a rest day yesterday and today I did Cardio HIT. I wore my boxing gloves for part of it. I like this one but Jessica just goes too darn fast for my clutzy feet. Oh well. Hopefully it is the last time I do it during this rotation.

Pam, I cracked up when you mentioned Jessica talking about the corsets and spanx. I roll my eyes and cringe every time I go through that one! haha!

Sherry - I encourage you to substitute different workouts. I'm getting a bit bored with this rotation. So I'm going to do that too.

Wishiwasinhawaii - I hope the shoveling is over for a while! Sounds like you have a good plan until Lift and Shift arrives.

Donna - sorry to hear the belt might not be working. Could some of it be stress? I feel like we all have so much more going on this year! Nothing is easy in a pandemic - except for maybe getting dressed in the morning because all I wear is workout clothes 24/7!

Waves to all, hang in there!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy