Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-12-21, 10:11 PM  
Leonana

Today was Tone + Flow. I used 4 pounds this time. It looked like Jessica was using the same weights as Debbie, at least they were the same color. I enjoy this one, lots of balance moves.

I have to admit, I go out more than I should. But I do less than most people around me, so I console myself with that! I'm eating lunch with my friends on Fridays again. I know I said I was quitting, but things calmed down after the election. Plus, they felt bad about the discussions and gave me a Panera gift card. Hard to say no to that! The differences of opinion don't bother me anymore, I think I was just stressed last November.

Liz, it is strange times! That's a good idea, I think I will double mask at Goodwill next time.

wishiwasinhawaii, a virtual trade show sounds interesting. I'm trying to picture it, but having a hard time! Maybe you can tell your boss that you goal is to not quit, ha har.

Donna, fusion does seem more functional, with all the variety.

Pam, I hope you like Justina's barre workout! I wish she had more you tube workouts, but she is focused on her streaming. It's $50 a month, so too pricey for me. You can rent a workout for a week for $10, I might try that sometime. But I enjoy her videos and her IG, she is very personable and knowledgeable. Watching history videos sounds interesting. My husband likes Korean and Chinese Netflix shows. I suppose they are sort of historical, but there is lots of fighting!
Old 02-13-21, 09:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday as a break from my desk I did Up to the Beat Fit (You Tube) - Soul Session Walk. I really enjoyed it - good music, fun. It is funny b/c I prefer Gina B's You Tube stuff to her DVD releases, for the most part, anyway. I do like her circuit workouts that she released to DVDs but her walk/dance workouts on DVD are a bit meh to me, not as good as the You Tube versions. Still, she is a great positive force out there to workout w/.

Today I did:

Jessica Smith - 4 Mile Power Walk - I did Miles 1, 2 and 3. I figured DD and i are not walking today - cold and possibly some sort of wintry mix thing going on.

Blessful Body - Calming Spine Flow - this was a nice mobility/stretching routine. I really like this site, but I also don't feel I would use it enough to pay for it on a regular basis...so I think after my trial ends I will not sign up.

Sherry - I'm glad you and your friends reconciled. This was a very tense year and the election certainly didn't help - it is hard to stay above the fray especially since so many emotions are involved. I have to admit, it is not hard for me to stay home - so I don't feel like I'm sacrificing all that much. I think if I didn't work and didn't have the interactions from working I may feel more cabin-fevered and want to get out more. But I have always been pretty much a loner type...all that being said, there are things I would like to do - and I hope that maybe this summer we can take a trip or something. It was less confining in the summer, it is a bit harder in the winter.

Pam - thanks for the heads up on the TG!!

wishiwasinhawaii -how was the trade show?

Waves, Liz!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 10:48 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Upper Body and then I did a 1 mile walk: Steel City Strong with Nick, from Leslie's youtube channel. I hadn't done a Leslie walk in ages and it seems she has retired (?) so I guess she doesn't lead walks anymore, but whoever is running her company seems to be trying to appeal to a younger crowd because no one in this video was older than maybe 40, other than Nick. Most of them looked like they'd never done a walking workout before because they looked confused, LOL.

The trade show yesterday was a bust. No one came to my virtual table, other than someone I work with who was bored and just wanted to say hi. But it was still better than the old days where I had to fly somewhere, get dressed up, and sit in a hotel auditorium for days.

Donna, I have no trouble staying home either since I also tend to be a loner, but I do miss traveling. I think once we're into the warmer weather, I'll be getting out more. Last summer I went to the beaches here even more than usual just to get out of the house, so I expect I'll do the same this year. It's much easier to get out and do things in the spring and summer.

Sherry, Glad to hear you reconciled with your friends. That's actually refreshing because I've heard so many friendships ended due to politics, which is a shame. Virtual trade shows vary depending on what platform is used. The one yesterday was more of a chat room, but I've been to some that are very sophisticated. There is one coming up where you have your own avatar that you can move around within a virtual auditorium and when your avatar gets close to someone else's, you can actually have a video chat with that person. Very cool! It's like playing a video game.

Pam, Thanks for the info on the TG discount. If I didn't already have my knockoff TG, I'd be interested.

Waves, Liz!
Old 02-13-21, 02:01 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong 2 Day 11 (Balance and Agility!)

Hi Ladies,

Another good workout from Jessica and I enjoyed using the band today! I needed something light like this since I was awake too early. No energy for more.

Enjoy your Saturday!

We're playing a couple of board games, as we do most weekends!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 09:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I needed to see the beach so I did:

Jessica Smith - Gentle Yoga and Pilates - Standing AND Floor work sections. This one is not easy in spite of the "Gentle" title - a lot of balance in the standing section and some tough (for me) anyway exercises in the floor section. I do modify some....

Today, dreary... This is a tough February...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Ellen's new workout is up and it looks nice - sort of CS-ish.

wishiwasinhawaii - how is your nephew?

Donna
Old 02-14-21, 09:28 PM  
lizh

He everyone!
I hope you are having a nice weekend happy Valentine's Day!

Friday was a rest day so I skipped the stretch on the schedule and went for a walk with my husband and dog. Seemed like a good compromise.

Yesterday on the rotation schedule was a one mile walk but since I was on dog duty, I took the dog for a walk for about an hour around the neighborhood. That seemed like a good compromise too. I like the One Mile of Motivation and need to remember it for a good quick workout in the middle of a work day in the future.

Today was Metabolic Conditioning. Even though I had eaten lunch a few hours before, I still felt a bit gross and too full of food while I was doing the workout. It made me grateful for my usual workout time after work and before dinner. I need to plan my time better on the weekends I guess.

I found another yoga VHS that I purchased from the book sale. I want to try to see if it is worth keeping or donating. I'm going to try to get to that before bed.

Pam - I really like Balance and Agility too. That one along with Poise and Grace are sneaky but fun.

Donna - I don't have that Gentle Yoga and Pilates one. Glad to hear it is good. I will put it on my wishlist, even though I don't need any new workouts!

wishiwasinhawaii - That is interesting about the Trade Show. I hadn't really thought about it but I would imagine that attendees at a virtual conference find it is easier to skip the booths. Whenever I went to a conference, I always liked getting the free gifts!

Sherry - I haven't made it to a thrift store yet, but I am off tomorrow, too, so I'm hoping to squeeze one in.

Hope you are all having a good day!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 09:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and i did get out to walk - it was dreary, but not terribly cold or windy.

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Smith (You Tube) - Quick Low Impact Cardio Blast (12 min)
Jessica Smith (You Tube) - 1 Mile Power Walk (20 min)
Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates w/ Weights

I decided to show Jessica a little love since she seems to be getting so much flack for not providing updates on Lift & Shift. While I understand wanting new workouts it isn't like she took our money in a pre-order and has suddenly disappeared with it. Also, you would think given the state of the world right now that people would be more willing to give grace, like all of us, she is dealing with the challenges of a global pandemic. And, she is a new mom of a baby/toddler....Anyway, I just think we should all be more patient and forgiving (not like we aren't in our little check in....but I just had to rant/ramble about it!)

I did enjoy re-visiting her You Tube channel and I think I'm going to do more workouts from her channel as a way of showing support for her - yes, I know she makes money from You Tube, but she is still incredibly generous in sharing so much content on that channel for no cost to her viewers. She could have easily gone on an pulled content and started a paid site...

I enjoyed Jessica V's workouts, too, even though it was challenging for me. I always do feel pretty balanced by Jessica V's workouts, even if they are challenging. I'm working on getting caught up on on her Feb calendar.

Sherry- I saw what you wrote in the Jessica thread on GD and I agree 100%! I was going to post something there last night but decided against it figuring I didn't need a flame war...but, I really do wish people would lighten up - it is just workouts....and she didn't take our money and run...so what is there to complain about? I know things are slow - both my microwave and stove broke - fortunately we had a spare microwave and our stove is still usable but it is going to be 6-8 weeks if we are lucky before we get a new one. That is just life in pandemic times...unfortunately. I imagine she is just facing a lot of challenges in production and probably hesitates to give updates until she has something concrete.

Nice work, Liz!!

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Pam.

At least I have the day off today - woo hoo!!

Donna
Old 02-15-21, 04:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong 2 Day 12 (Upper Focus Circuit!)

Hi Ladies,

I took Sunday off, as a rest day! Valentine's Day was nice.

Today I was back at it with Jessica's Upper Focus Circuit. I like this one as long as I don't select heavier weights for shoulders. Using lighter weights makes this do-able for me, when it comes to overhead shoulder work, plus the reps in these longer sets seem endless. I did better with the compound moves, too! I think for many of these strength workouts I need to be awake and rested. Otherwise I'm sort of muddling through things, especially the first time it comes up in the rotation. Today was better than the first go-around.

Donna, very well said regarding Jessica's Lift and Shift program and updates. Sherry, I also agree with your comments in GD, too! Like Donna, I'd thought of posting and decided against it. Everyone knows where to find us here in our check-in and knows we're supportive of "our" Jessica! And, I get tired of others complaining so much about it. Don't people have better things to do? Chill people chill!

Donna, I your grace comment, too! We are all human and make mistakes, but God's grace is good, and we need to be better when showing grace towards others. Especially during times like this with the circumstances we live in. It's easy to be graceful when things are easy. Not so much when we're cranky and having a bad day and joining in by adding fuel to the fire!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 08:44 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I was off work today so I focused on decluttering and will do the same tomorrow because I'm taking a day off. So I haven't done any workouts, but I did walk 10,000 steps the past few days, so I feel ok about not working out!

Sherry, I agree with what you said in GD. I don't understand why anyone would get all nasty about Jessica's issues with getting Lift & Shift out. If they really have nothing else to be upset about these days, they should consider themselves lucky.

Donna, I saw your comment in GD and also totally agree. Like you said, it's not like she took people's money and disappeared. I guess people are just frustrated these days, but that's not a good excuse either.

Liz, You're right that it was easy for people to skip the booths, but I saw that there were 100 people in the booth area at the time I was there, so you would think someone would stop by. Oh well, these things happen in real life too, although it is easier to draw people in when it's in person. Virtual events like this are still new, so they are still learning what works and what doesn't. I agree the best part of these things is the freebies you get! That's not something we could do virtually, or maybe we could offer a gift card or something. That's something to think about.

Pam, Totally agree about people showing grace. We need more of that these days!
Old 02-15-21, 10:06 PM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
I am off of work today and I decided to take a day off of workouts. No real reason, but I went for a long dog walk and I feel like that is enough. I just feel like I need a break.

I missed the brouhaha in the general forum and on facebook about the delay in Jessica's new workouts. But I agree with all of you, we are in a pandemic for goodness sakes! Personally, I'm in no rush for new workouts. It has taken me forever to get around to trying WS3! And I have only done 2 or 3 of her vast youtube offerings, so I don't feel deprived in the least.

Back to work tomorrow! There was a bunch of drama last week involving my boss which I hope has settled down. I have gone into my calendar and I have scheduled 30 minute meetings with myself and hope to do a short dance workout or a quick Powerfit or Essentrics workout so that I am not stuck sitting all day. I have a hard time stepping away and I eat lunch at my desk even though I am at home. It is so hectic with an "always on" culture.

Have a good one everyone!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy