Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-21, 10:07 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I was busy running errands today to prep for another storm that's coming tomorrow so no workout today. I have been walking 10,000 steps a day though and tomorrow will most likely be another shovel max workout. After that, I'll start the final week of the WS1 rotation.

Donna, sounds like the storm is going to be a quick one here but they're saying 5-7" so it's going to pile up on what we already have. I'd like more of a break between storms!

Liz, that sounds like a fun way to declutter. I should try that with all my stuff, not just DVDs, LOL.

Sherry, I'm jealous of your nice weather!

Pam, How do you like the leg pulleys so far?
Old 02-06-21, 11:26 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post

Pam, How do you like the leg pulleys so far?
I've only tried out this one time, so far! There's a learning curve to being able to perform various exercises (while having the rope attached to the glide board and other end attached to ankle straps) and being graceful from exercise to exercise. You have to really control the movement with your legs, and not let the ropes guide you. It a bit difficult getting from one position to the next while unhooking ropes to change legs or just to turn your body around without falling off the platform. I'm sure I'll get better with practice.

I did Rosalie Brown's YouTube Leg Pulley workout which is 30 minutes, but then you have to repeat the video to do the other leg, which is another 30 minutes. There are a number different instructors, so I just have to see who takes things slower. I had to pause Rosalie's video to get into position for next exercise, as I couldn't do things as effortless as Rosalie.

We're expecting five inches of snow here! Supposed to snow from 10am to 7pm!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 02:18 AM  
lizh

Hi guys,

Today I did Lower Body. It is a tough one with a long segment focused on one leg then the other. However, I made it through it and I enjoyed it. I like doing these tougher strength/weights workouts on the weekends.

Tonight will be a short check in cause it's late, but I'll be back tomorrow.

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend!
Are you planning on watching the SuperBowl tomorrow?
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 09:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry - I used the wrong link for Leslie's calendar -

https://yourdailywalk.com/

I am just using it as a mileage guide - since I own so much content from Leslie and other "walkers"!

Yesterday my DD and I got out for our walk - which is good b/c it is snowing today and next weekend will be really cold here...so....

Today was my Margaret Richard day!!

I warmed up with:

CS 1113 - this was an all standing episode

And followed up with:

Margaret Richard - Give me Strength Workout # 1 - I was not expecting this one to be a full hour long workout - I don't know why, LOL! But It was complete, total body. I did skip the glute exercise (bridges) mainly b/c we did bridges for hamstrings. It had been a long time since I did this workout and I found it challenging at times. I did love the outdoor scenery though.

Liz - no superbowl watching here...not big sports fans....I probably should do some work for my job if I can bear to do it --- not sure if I can, though!

Pam and wishiwasinhawaii - we are getting the snow here - it is on the warmer side - above freezing, so I am not sure how much will actually stick - hopefully not much! That is great about your steps, wishiwasinhawaii!

Nice work, Sherry...well, this year, like 2020 has been pretty weird - maybe you can start outdoor walks soon - before it gets too hot there...

Waves---

Donna

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 10:38 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

It's snowing hard here and it's the heavy, wet type of snow, so I'm holding off on doing a workout since I may be shoveling later. I may do Dynamic Stretch after I shovel/if I shovel. It is very pretty though. Looks like a snow globe!

Donna, I can never work on weekends. It just feels 'wrong' to me! I'm also afraid if I start doing that then I'll just be constantly working.

Liz, Yes, I plan to watch the Super Bowl. I'm a huge sports fan, even though I'm not a fan of either team.

Pam, The ropes sound very complicated! I don't they would work with the TG knockoff I have.

Waves, Sherry!
Old 02-07-21, 10:18 PM  
Leonana

Today was the WS3 15 Minute Stretch.

wishiwasinhawaii, I hope you have recovered well from Shovel max.

Pam, that sounds like a lot of snow.

Liz, I don't watch the game, but I do like the commercials.

Donna, my walking has suffered with no dogs. They pushed me to get outdoors. But I have added extra time to my workouts, so that helps some.
Old 02-07-21, 10:27 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Shovel Mini-Max!

Hi Ladies,

We only got about four inches of light powdery snow! I just came in from outside and did the walkways and a path out of the driveway (so I could get my garbage cans out to the street) for tomorrow's trash collection. It was nothing like last weeks snow, even though it snowed all day today!

I was supposed to do WS2 Lower Body Focus but will save for tomorrow. Knew I would be shoveling today after 9pm! Instead I did the 25 minute Start It Up Total Gym workout with Rob Glick and Rosalie Brown! It enjoyable with those two together and easier than the Beginner program with Todd Durkin. I also added the ab attachment and did some ab work, even though I did Jessica's Core Control yesterday! Every little bit helps!

No Superbowl for us today. DH is not a sports fan. I would enjoy the halftime show and commercials but have been too busy for much TV watching. We got a quick board game in, though.

wishiwasinhawaii, if you have a tower that you can attach a rope pulley to, with another place to attach a carabiner underneath seat, the ropes would work. You just unhook your regular cable pulley and put it out of the way to make room for the ropes instead. I am very much a pear shape so anything I can do to slim hips and thighs is a big plus for me. If I can balance on my side to do legwork, it would be worth it to me. The Fit Max or Plus...whatever it's called has a narrower glide seat than the Total Gym XLS model. So, if I were to find a smokin' deal on FB marketplace XLS I'd get that just to have one with a wider seat. Some people I know have two Total Gyms (one to use for attachments and a second to use for cable work.) Saves time from having to switch parts and pieces out all the time. DH would kill me, though. ha!

Donna, I miss doing Maggie's workouts! She is so great! I see a one month rotation of hers in my future...and Kelly...and Cathe. There is never enough time to fit them all in! ;-)

Good night all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 10:41 PM  
lizh

Hi all,
Checking in with Upper Body today. I liked this one better this time around. It helped since I knew not to go too high with the weights for the second part. At the end, I skipped the abs (it was pretty short) and skipped a part where I was worried I was going to aggravate my triceps, but other than that, I made it though it!

I started trying out the big pile of used DVDs I purchased at the library book sale. First was Yogaworks for Everbody which has a 10 min AM wake up and a 10 min PM Relax and Restore. I think I'll keep this one. Or at least they are worth trying again. I also tried 1 routine from 10 Minute Solution Dance Off Fat Fast with Leah Sarago. I did the first routine and it was fun. I may try to do these before lunch. I was looking for something easy (and short!) to throw in the middle of the day. Might be perfect. This is my first Leah Sarago DVD. She has great legs!

I didn't watch the SuperBowl. We are not sports fans. I watch it some years for the commercials but I didn't have time this year.

Donna - I wanted to do some work for my job today, too. Ugh. I'll see how the evening goes. Sometimes it feels better to get a few things out of the way on the weekend. I've already received two messages from my boss.

Pam - Sounds like you got some perfect snow! Light and fluffy! - That sounds like a big investment to own two Total Gyms. Wow!

Sherry - A stretch day is a good day!

wishiwasinhawaii - I hope you enjoyed the game and the snow isn't too annoying!

I won't talk about the weather because you all will hate me. Ok, if you insist, it was a beautiful 70 degrees and blue sky here today!

Have a good one!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 10:45 PM  
Leonana

Liz, it was 73 here today, and also sunny! I have to admit, I am really enjoying it.
Old 02-08-21, 08:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, Leslie's schedule called for 3 miles - but I don't have the workout she had listed for today - Walking Off the Pounds - I think it is may be a newer release that came out when I was feeling I had just about all the Leslie I would ever need - mind you, that didn't stop me from buying Miracle Miles or Walk 15...but...

Anyway...I decided to go through my DVD collection and stumbled up on a Denise Austin walk....

Fat Burning Walk -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fiDTuPZUCE

This was a 30 min walk and then some ab toning - so it wasn't really 3 miles - if I'm substituting something else for Leslie I go by 15 min = 1 mile.. So, i think I will try to squeeze another mile in at lunch today.

But - this workout wasn't bad. Denise was subdued and the time went by fast.

In general, i really like the concept of Denise's workouts - it is just that sometimes she gets over the top! LOL!

But, she is a fitness inspiration for sure....

I finished off with

Blessful Body -Pilates for Hip Strength - this was some Pilates/some yoga-inspired stretching. It was short, under 15 min so it worked well.

Interestingly, I am not sore from Margaret Richard's workout yesterday - maybe Pahla kept me in shape, LOL!

Sherry - I am jealous!!

Liz - also jealous of your weather! I ended up not doing anything work related and had a very lazy day - I think I needed it though.

wishiwasinhawaii - our snow storm was quick and pretty painless overall - most of it melted but it was pretty while it was snowing. This week it is going to be get really cold and I'm not looking forward to that at all. I ended up not doing anything for work - I figured it would make me feel even more burned out than usual if I worked this weekend. When we first started working from home I worked about just every weekend - in part b/c it was our busy season and we were just figuring out how to do everything remotely. Hopefully, this busy season will go more smoothly.

Pam - our snow was pretty light - thankfully - and most of it is gone now. Not a big fan of shoveling. it was nice to re-visit MR. I think I will spend more time w/ my DVDs this year.....I even enjoyed seeing Denise today! LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy