Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-31-21, 10:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I finished Pahla's Challenge today! I did Day 31 which was a low impact cardio routine - 30 sec walk, 30 sec low impact, 30 sec walk, 30 sec balance and I went back and did Day 17 (?) which was walking and stretching.

So, yay, I actually finished a rotation! LOL!

I also did Jessica Valent's Scoliosis routine which always make my back feel better - the twisting and side bending seem to be key for me.

I may do something else today - it is snowing here and I do have a lot of cooking and cleaning and laundry to do....but I may squeeze in something gentle.

Pahla released the outline for this week's workouts and they look very similar to what we have been doing with this challenge, and I will probably do them either sequentially or somehow throughout the month.

Oh - yesterday DD and I went for our long walk - it was chilly but not windy so definitely bearable.

And, Lucy Wyndham Read has a new challenge - it is 7 days like Pahla's so..maybe alternating weeks??

https://www.lwrfitness.com/fitness-challenge/

I may take February off from a structured plan...but who knows what i will wake up in the mood to do tomorrow.

I love hearing about WS1 and WS3...at some point, I want to go back to WS1 and work my way through to WS2 and then WS3. What I love about Jessica's rotations is the variety - it is not the same old, same old very day.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 10:51 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Interval Mix. Yesterday was a rest day so I focused on getting things done around the house and prepping for the storm. It sounds like it's going to be bad here with maybe a foot or more of snow and very windy. I just hope we don't lose power.

Donna, Congrats on finishing a rotation! I like doing rotations so I don't have to think about what workout to do each day. I agree about Jessica's workouts and the variety. Revisiting WS1 has been fun. I just started week 5 today so I plan to finish up and then I'll do a week of the Total Gym beginner workout Pam has been doing. Then I'll move into WS 2. I may also do the new Lucy challenge as an add on. Work should settle down after this week so I'll hopefully have more time during the day.

Liz, Glad to hear it was a bad DVD and there was nothing wrong with your DVD player.

Sherry, Jessica's new stretch DVD arrived yesterday but I haven't had a chance to open it yet. Good job doing the WS3 workouts!

Pam, I'm going to have to try the Total Body workouts. They look good, but I just haven't had time. Good luck with the snow. Hopefully it won't be as bad as they're saying.
Old 01-31-21, 03:16 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong Day 27 (Upper Body Strength!)

Hi Ladies,

Today was Upper Body Strength using lighter weights, since I worked Total Body yesterday on TG and muscles were feeling it today. Especially with all the oblique work I did, too! I did skip Prehab routine (Day 26) but am going to get that one in later today, also! This will finish up four weeks with Walk Strong I, even though rotation is six weeks.

I'm actually going to begin Walk Strong II tomorrow, even though I had thought of doing the February Fusion, instead. Truth be told, I normally do a lot of fusion workouts when I don't rest well, so I will probably still reach for those on those less energy days. And, I'll at least get four weeks of WS2 in before March, when I'll be ready for another rotation then (WS3, perhaps?)

I will still work in Total Gym workouts, too as I'm loving adding this element to my fitness routine! With Jessica's and Total Gym's great variety of workouts, I'll sure be looking and feeling good by Spring!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 09:30 PM  
Leonana

So far nothing today. I am planning on the WS3 stretch in a few minutes. Crossing my fingers I do it, ha ha! My leg muscles felt tired today. I think I'm going to have to skip a workout once a week in the rotation, one of the cardios. Probably on Tuesdays, as I do a lot of walking that day. Then I'll do the stretch on Sunday. I like the WS3 rotation, but I don't have the energy for all of it with the other physical activity I do, such as housework, yard work and walking etc.

Pam, I admire all the workouts you do, and with moving things in your basement too! My husband decided to re-do our computer room today, and it also has his strategy board games. So, I was helping a bit with that today. The room does look better, and he decluttered. Although it's all in the garage now, lol.

wishiwasinhawaii, I hope the snow wasn't too bad and you kept your power.

Donna, I still need to try the Jessica Valent Scoliosis routine. It sounds great.

Liz, using 8 pounds for Total Body is a great accomplishment. I'm glad your dvd player is working.
Old 01-31-21, 09:56 PM  
lizh

Hi all,
Checking in with Boogie IT today. This one makes intervals somewhat palatable. It is not too much of a killer. I am not a huge fan of interval training, so this is win. I think it is easier and I like it better than Interval Mix from WS1.

Donna - congrats on finishing the Pahla rotation! I'm not familiar with Lucy Wyndam Read, so I will check her out.

Wishiwasinhawaii - I hope the storm isn't too bad. I guess one of the drawbacks to working from home - no snow days!

Pam - enjoy WSII! That set has some of my favorite workouts. Sounds like you have a good plan with adding in the Total Gym workouts.

Sherry - the decluttering at your house sounds very similar to what we do around here. Everything just gets moved around and ends up in the garage!

Back to work tomorrow. Ugh! Have a good night everyone!

Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I went with what I was in the mood for:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast (Ellen posts a weekly schedule on her paid site and this was up for today...)

Blessful Body - Upper Body Flow - Ky (from Blessful Body) offered another special of $1 for 21 days, so I decided to go for it. I feel somewhat guilty taking advantage of these b/c I really don't necessarily want to pay the $19.99 per month once the 21 days are up - but I guess it makes sense for her offer it...It isn't like I don't enjoy her workouts - I do - I am just trying to cut back on a lot of subscriptions b/c there are only so many hours in the day to fit everything in and I hate paying for stuff I don't use. I do like Blessful Body, overall though, it is more of a fusion program than classical Pilates - she mixes in Pilates, Yoga and recently, some barre and light HIIT.

I am tired from the weekend - Saturday was our long walk which I'm pretty used to doing now, but Sunday was a long day on my feet cooking. I don't know what got into me.. LOL! But at least there is a lot of food prepped for the week ahead so that is good.

This month I'd like to continue to focus on getting enough water in and eating better - in terms of less mindless snacking at work.

Liz - Lucy has a You Tube channel she does mainly body weight cardio circuit type workouts. No music which is both good and bad - good b/c you can play your own, but bad if you don't feel like doing that. She posted a cute walking video for today that I may try to get in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJSQ0Lv5P9s&t=374s

Sherry - LOL, my DH's idea of decluttering is also to move stuff to somewhere else in the house!

Pam - good plan! I almost started Fusion February this morning, but I decided at the last minute to go w/ Ellen.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii I like rotations for the ease of picking a workout to do, but then I start to feel rebellious... LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 02-01-21, 04:47 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong 2 Day 1 (Have a Ball!)

Hi Ladies,

I did 25 minutes on the Total Gym with Rosalie Brown and Rob Glick's Start It Up workout. Added to this Jessica's Have a Ball workout which is heavily core focused, and fun! I think I did this one twice last month and enjoyed it both times! I was about as wiped as Debbie and Jessica were at the end! Not just a sparkle, LOL.

Happy February everyone!

April Focus:
Old 02-01-21, 07:09 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Total Body. We're getting slammed with snow. I don't think I've seen a snowstorm like this that continues for days. It's supposed to snow another 6 inches or so overnight and we already have over a foot on the ground.

Pam, Are you only doing the free Total Gym workouts or are you doing the paid access?

Donna, I didn't know Lucy has another youtube channel for bodyweight exercises. I'll have to check that out.

Sherry, The power has stayed on, thank goodness. It's a very scary storm.

Liz, That's true about snow days. That really doesn't exist anymore, not even for kids.
Old 02-01-21, 07:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

wishiwasinhawaii,

With my purchase of the Total Gym, it came with about eight DVDs.

Start It Up (Rob Glick & Rosalie Brown)

Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced programs (Todd Durkin)

Ab Crunch (Rob Glick)

Total Gym Challenge (Rosalie Brown)

Total Gym Core Cable Flow (Rosalie Brown)

Total Gym Fountain of Youth Fitness (Rosalie Brown)

Total Gym 6 to 8 Minute workouts for Men/Women (John Carleo & Rosalie Brown)

I've mostly used Start It Up (25 minutes) and Todd's Beginner program (38 minutes.)

But, I have done a few from YouTube also....

10 Minute Cable workout (Rosalie Brown)

Introduction to the Total Gym (Rosalie Brown) 20 minutes

Total Gym Pilates (Maria Sollon)

Total Gym workout (Cassandra)

My purchase came with free access to the TG videos for six months but I have not signed up for it yet. There are many more instructors, like Cathe Friedrich as an example.) But, I didn't want be overwhelmed with so many choices in the beginning. ;-)

April Focus:
Old 02-02-21, 09:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It has been snowing here on and off for three days now - fortunately, it is not heavy snow - I'd say, overall, over these three days we got a total of 6 inches, but it is getting tiresome to see the gray skies....but... it is February.

I decided to finish up Lucy's Advent challenge -

https://www.lwrfitness.com/fitness-advent-calendar/

I had left off at Day 18, so that is what I did today! It was a 30 minute workout - walking and body weight toning. I enjoyed it for a change of pace. I also still have to fit in Day 4 - along with Days 19-24, I remember I skipped that one b/c it was a longer workout. I'm not sure if I will do these as main workouts for the day or shorter ones to add on in the afternoons - but...we shall see.

It was a nice change of pace though!

I also did:

Blessful Body - Chest Expanding Backbend Prep - this was not as scary as it sounds. Mainly upper back/chest and hip opening exercises.

Yesterday for extras I did:

Lucy's walk up the mountain, it was really cute and fun to do and short!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJSQ0Lv5P9s

I also did Essentrics Aging Backwards Pain Relief episode last night after work.

wishiwasinhawaii - it has been snowing here for days as well - but not the heavy snow you are getting - more of this constant, gentle snow...oh, Lucy doesn't have another channel (not that I know of anyway!) I found the mountain walk on her regular channel. I really do like her stuff for a change of pace....

nice work, Pam - Have A Ball is a fun workout!

Waves, Liz and Sherry -

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy