Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-22-16, 12:02 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi, resurrecting this thread from last month.

I just got a great deal on a Malibu Pilates chair. It is still in the plastic wrap and the dvds are sealed. Just wondering how those who purchased are liking yours so far?

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 12:21 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

How fun! Enjoy your Malibu Pilates Pam!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 03:29 PM  
sunnyside

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Hi, resurrecting this thread from last month.

I just got a great deal on a Malibu Pilates chair. It is still in the plastic wrap and the dvds are sealed. Just wondering how those who purchased are liking yours so far?
I'm loving mine. I was actually surprised at how well it works me out. Definitely not as easy as it looks. The variety of moves you can do with the thing is amazing.

The only thing I wish I'd done before I unwrapped mine, was leave the wrap on the foot pedal pads as they tend to get dirty.

Have fun!
Old 08-22-16, 05:03 PM  
Lannette

Congratulations Pam! To be honest, I haven't used mine for a few weeks. I didn't expect to use it all the time. For an occasional rotation I do enjoy it. I do wish that the DVDs were chaptered but eventually I'll memorize the exercises and will then use it as an add on. (I keep it set up in our gym.)

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-16, 01:17 AM  
altinker

I just bought one for $40 today at a Fitness 4 Less location. It didn't have any dvds and doesn't come with the high handles. It is the black one that has "Malibu Pilates" on the chair. Seems to be easy to collapse and put back together. Thank you for the youtube dvd and the info about the Wunda chair I found here. I have some dvds on order from Ebay.

I was looking for a used reformer because I am using one in physical therapy, but this chair seems like a better deal for my finances right now. I'll use it for a couple of months and continue to look for a reformer and perhaps trade off.

How is everyone liking their chair?
altinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-16, 01:12 PM  
Lannette

You got a great deal! Good for you!

I'm still not using my chair exclusively but then I never imagined that I would. It has a space in our home gym where we can easily hop aboard and do a few moves or move it forward a few inches for an entire WO.

I picture myself using it in a Pilates inspired rotation several times a year, though It hasn't happened yet.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jennifer galardi, malibu pilates, malibu pilates pro chair, pilates pro chair, wunda chair