Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-10-21, 09:10 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - May all your troubles last as long as your NY’s resolutions! 1/10

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 09:22 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks, Laura, for providing titles last week - I had to shorten this one to work, but still totally appropriate!

It doesn't look like I got the freezing fog resulting in the rime frost last night . I did have my friends taking pictures though yesterday when we were walking Gus. Today will be another walk in the parks with Gus, putzing around the house - yay I did vacuum yesterday! , doing some more reading and just hanging around. I should clean some shelves in my garage - I dumped stuff from a container on the shelves when I put bird seed in the container to keep the rodents from eating up the seed.

Laura, I think I've kept the mass produced Christmas ornaments, but I can't remember who did some of the hand made ones - I got rid of some of those.

Paula, I'm glad you were able to keep a poinsettia going for two years! I think your townhouse must be similar to my house - built in 1972. I like the style aspects in my house from there, but updated some like shag rugs!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
Old 01-10-21, 09:46 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I popped onto VF and saw Anita was already here and ducked out really quickly. Thanks for getting us started, Anita. I'm glad you were able to shorten the theme so easily.

It's a sunny beautiful day, but cold for here. We're still adjusting to seeing the after so many days of gray and rain. I'm not sure what I'll get into today. We need to get the Christmas tree upstairs and the bed needs to be changed. I'll probably try to get in a walk this afternoon after it warms up some.

Everyone have a good day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 09:28 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yoga with Adriene Breath Day 7 and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Groceries this morning. Baked this afternoon. Mostly a hang around home day.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Sorry you didn't get the rime frost you were looking forward to. I like some the style aspects of my home built in the 70's, particularly the high ceilings in the living room and master bedroom. The high ceilings really make the rooms feel learger. We've updated some things along the way. We intended to re-do the master bath and replace the front door when the lockdown hit, now we're reluctant have workers in the house and it's on indefinate hold.

Laura, glad you were able to duck in. Hope you got your chores done. Enjoy the sunshine while you can.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 09:10 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today will be a good day to putz around some more. Gus will get his walk and I'll be playing cards with some friends online this evening. I might go shopping to replace kitchen towels and a frying pan.

Laura, I checked for your presence when I started this week's post - you must be very sneaky .

Paula, I've got a high ceiling in my great room holding my living room, kitchen and dining room - it's got two sky windows also. I'll miss that if I move to a normal ceilinged condo. I've held off on having indoor help like a painter redoing some walls - I can't reach some aspects of that wall needing painting because of this high ceiling and over stairs.

Anita
Old 01-11-21, 09:17 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today doesn't have too much on the schedule. I have a training session this evening. Maybe that means I can get stuff done around the house. Now that the Christmas stuff is put away, I'd like to get started cleaning up my craft room. It is generally a pile with one path through the middle of the room. I need to pull everything out, organize it, buy some shelves, and put it back. It's going to be a big job.

Paula - I can understand not wanting to have people in. We have had a couple of people in to do things that needed to be done. They were good about COVID precautions, but I wouldn't want to have more in than are strictly necessary.

Anita - I still miss the skylights that were in the bathroom in our house in Maryland, so I can understand that thought. Yeah, yesterday, I hit the main page, saw your name listed as being on the site, and closed the window immediately. I didn't want to cause any confusion...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 08:50 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Karen Voight's Yoga Stretch. We flew to Catalina today and hike the airport loop trail, so that was my exercise for today.

Anita, yeah, cathedral ceilings are great until you need to paint, then they are a pain in the backside. I still love mine though. Hope you and Gus had a nice walk.

Laura, organizing stuff has been a mission for me since last March. I must say my home is more organized now than it's ever been in the past.
Old 01-12-21, 08:36 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on going to the dentist for a semiannual cleaning, taking a chair yoga class, taking Gus for a walk, and more putzing. Yesterday I bought a new set of dish towels replacing the ones I had for about twenty-five years (yes yuck!), new frying pan (old one in garbage), and new mat for under my computer's chair (old one in garbage). This was a good updating day! I'll have a big bag of old towels to donate to the scrap people Friday.

Laura, I thought I put away everything for Christmas then found another ornament on a bookshelf - sigh. Right now Chrome is being weird about this forum making me log in every time because of security compromise on this site so sometimes I'm here reading without logging in - makes me much sneakier .

Paula, Gus and I had a good walk yesterday - did about a 2.25 mile loop in a nice park - he loves it! Very few people out, which was nice compared to weekends. It'll be a warm day with temps just above freezing .

Anita
Old 01-12-21, 11:46 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahlavi B Body Shaping Day 1 followed by Yoga with Kassandra Morning day 12.

Didn’t do much today except housework. Laundry, bills, cleaning. I have my first loaf of sourdough bread proofing. I’ll bake it tomorrow.

Anita, enjoy your warm weather. It was about 68 here today. Glad Gus liked the new place to walk.

Wonder where Laura is today.
Old 01-13-21, 08:46 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking Gus for a walk with friends and he will take a look at my snowblower also - it didn't start and I think it's the spark plugs. Also another trip to the dentist - I had chipped two bottom incisors on the inside top edge that needs a little bit of patching - that work will be done this afternoon. I've got a question in to the dentist this morning if I need to take antibiotics before my appointment today. I'll also be taking him some spare posters that I had in my closet - he likes using posters to distract patients . Otherwise putzing around.

Paula, do you keep the culture for your bread as a pet? or do you just do a few packets of yeast? I don't think I've baked fresh bread for about a decade!

Anita