Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-20-21, 01:04 PM  
manleym

Kim Yay! Let's do Powerstrike 6 today! Anyone can join us! If you don't have PS 6, choose another kickbox workout (if you want)

Kiim I LOVE Patrick Goudeau Hardwork Conditioning 24/7! It is fun and will be a great Fun Friday workout.

ChelePA I think Linda's music is boring too. I haven't done many of her workouts. I need to do like you and put on my own music because her workouts are good. Like you said, the music is just not motivating.

I haven't looked at any of Caroline's workouts for Fun Friday yet, but agree that she is intense - from what I've seen and read. We should look at the check-in group to see what others have done. And I'm good with the ones you suggested if we don't find something else.

I hope your daughter's ortho appointment goes well today and ya'll get some good news. I know she's ready to get them off.

Bee what a mess! I hope your power is restored soon! And I hope the new house works out - or at least you'll know if it's the one for you or not. Hope you can join us for Powerstrike 6, but if not we'll "see" you soon!

For Two Fer Tuesday I tried Growing Annanas Day 1 - 30 Min Killer HIIT Workout - Full Body, No Equipment, No Repeat and Day 8 - 30 Min Military Monday - HIIT Workout - Super Sweaty, Full Body, No Equipment, No Repeat. There was no talking in either workout, but the music was good so it didn't bother me. They were both GREAT sweaty workouts. I don't think I would do them back to back again only because the same exercises were repeated in both workouts. So I would probably do one of them, then a low impact, or weight workout. From a motivation stand point (and maybe it was just me yesterday) when the burpees came again in the 2nd workout I didn't want to do them. So I didn't! I subbed plank jacks. So these workouts are super easy to modify or sub an exercise. I did that a couple of times because there was a move I like better than the one she was doing. There wasn't a cool-down with either workout. She went immediately to the floor to stretch so I did Fitness Blender's Light Cardio and Stretching Cool Down Workout - Relaxing Stretches.

Sorry this is so brief. Hope to catch up more later.

Hope ya'll can join us for Powerstrike 6 or a kickbox workout!

Hugs and waves to all!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 02:19 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quick drive by...waving to everyone! And HUGS!

Yesterday I stumbled through Cathe's Cardio Fusion. Not the intensity that threw me, but the choreography. But once I got past the first part it was ok. But wow! A good, sweaty workout for sure. Not as bad as I though it would be.

Yoga from PY - Bryan Awkward & Unique. A very different flow but really good.

Today I kicked my own butt with Cathe Strong & Sweaty Ramped Up Upper Body + LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower. Oh my! I skipped only a wee bit of the cooldown and warmup but had a great LONG workout!
The S&S was really excellent! I hadn't done this set for a while and it was great to revisit. Going heavy and I'm sure feeling it. I love how she mixed in different exercises. Good variety.

LITE Lower was superb. This was brand new to me and I was thrilled with another great Cathe lower body workout! Good variety of weights and I loved all the different types of moves. Feeling it everywhere! Top to bottom..great workout day!

Getting ready to hit the floor for some Yoga and then off to buy a Powerball ticket.

Oh, btw...WE HAVE A WOMAN VICE PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 06:36 PM  
Mickey12

Kate I love reading your posts because you're so darn enthusiastic about your workouts. It gives me great motivation.

Manley Powerstrike 6 is finished! I really love this workout. I think it might be my favorite of the Powerstrikes I have (4,5,6). The music in the beginning is so cool and I really enjoy the combinations in this workout, especially the last one. I get good cardio with very little impact and as Bee has said, you sort of get lost in the repetition. Good stuff!

Hope everyone has a great night!
Old 01-20-21, 06:56 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

UG, another drive-by post, Watulans! Work is kicking my behind this week and I'm slammed. I hope to catch up with you each soonly. For now, the workouts...

Yesterday was Fit Split Shred Cardio the double-it premix, which I was a bit hesitant to do since it's like an hour of plyo and today was Mess 3, Week 2, Plyo Legs, but it was all fine. I felt like Plyo Legs last week was actually harder for some reason. FN2, I am SO WITH YOU that I've enjoyed Sore, Tired, and Starving, but I'm ready to be done and move on to something else!!!!

Bee, crossing my fingers you have power back and the new potential house is a GO! Hang in there!

Okay, sorry this is short...gotta get back to the grind. Waves and hugs to all! Stay fierce!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 07:54 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Manley Powerstrike 6 is finished! I really love this workout. I think it might be my favorite of the Powerstrikes I have (4,5,6). The music in the beginning is so cool and I really enjoy the combinations in this workout, especially the last one. I get good cardio with very little impact and as Bee has said, you sort of get lost in the repetition. Good stuff!
Totally agree, Kim! I really liked Powerstrike 6! Not sure if it's because I did 5 last week so I'm more familiar with Ilaria's instruction or what, but this one flew for me. I like the combos too. They seem to flow well. I don't have 4 or 7. Just 5 & 6 and so far 6 is my fav!

Waves and hugs to all! Hope you are all doing well!
Old 01-21-21, 07:25 AM  
ChelePA

Hi all..

Kate...good for you getting through Cardio Fusion. The first step routine is quite tricky if you haven't done Body Max 2. It was always a favorite so it came back to me pretty quickly. I also think Lite Lower Body is quite good and really gets the job done. Upper Body too. It's rare for me to say that since I don't love weights but I really like the format and various exercises. I am sure you lifted much heavier than Cathe but the weights chosen were perfect for me. I need to revisit these weight workouts next week.

Bee...I saw on the news about the California winds. Thinking about you and all the craziness. Hoping you find the perfect home.

Kiittybug...hoping you can catch a break soon from work. You sound quite busy. Always impressed that you get your workout done no matter what.

Kim...Powerstrike sounds like something I would enjoy. Good music and moves!

Manleym...I see you posted on the other check-in thread. Great idea for Caroline Girvan. They mentioned she does Full Body Workouts on Fridays. A new one will be released tomorrow. I tried to get an idea of might this might entail but she has so many different type of full body workouts on her channel. It's qute the variety. Let me know what you plan on doing.

Yesterday Winston wiped out just when I planned on exercising. He was exhausted from playing in the snow. I normally just move him to his bed since he shares my workout space. But I decided to go upstairs and just choose some YouTube workouts with no equipment.

I was excited to find a neck and hip stretch yoga. These are my 2 hotspots. For those who do Yoga, have you tried Sara Beth? There were no advanced or difficult moves. Just a really nice flexibility workout. Soft relaxing music in the background plus her encouraging words throughout the practice were beautiful and definitely had an impact on me for the rest of the day. I then found a HasFit upper body no equipment workout. The moves were interesting and I was definitely feeling it. This channel is a husband and wife team that show intermediate and advanced versions of an exercise. Again, very light music in the background which is not my thing for weights or cardio. I want more motivating music. Just curious how you all feel about this? Do you play your own music or maybe it doesn't bother you? Cathe's music has changed over the years. It has definitely grown on me. Some workouts better than others. I also like a good beat and not a fan when off beat. I think that's why I love Kat's step videos. She has awesome music and her workouts always flow with each song.

Not sure what's on the agenda for today. I'm off to do my January challenge and then maybe I'll be inspired. Have a great day!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 10:51 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey all!
Today I did BOD MBF Day 16 Core Circuit + Day 18 Core Circuit. Finally hit the "boring" block....both of these workouts just seemed too repetitive even though there were a couple new moves. I pushed through but I'm glad this is the last week of MBF. Hoping MBF Advanced is a lot better.

Someone mentioned before about maybe doing Katami 4x4 together? What are your thoughts?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 03:56 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Manleym...I see you posted on the other check-in thread. Great idea for Caroline Girvan. They mentioned she does Full Body Workouts on Fridays. A new one will be released tomorrow. I tried to get an idea of might this might entail but she has so many different type of full body workouts on her channel. It's qute the variety. Let me know what you plan on doing.
I'm ok with the full body workout if you are. I did read the HSW would join us. Just let me know.

Poor little Winston! I bet he had so much fun romping around in the snow! I do like Sarah Beth yoga. She is good and I've done several of her practices. I haven't done many Has Fit workouts but see them alot. I don't play my own music, but maybe I should because it does matter and is usually a motivator for me. I usually just do the workout, but may not return to it regularly because of the music. Maybe if I played my own I would do them more often.
Old 01-21-21, 04:30 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I'm ok with the full body workout if you are. I did read the HSW would join us. Just let me know.

Poor little Winston! I bet he had so much fun romping around in the snow! I do like Sarah Beth yoga. She is good and I've done several of her practices. I haven't done many Has Fit workouts but see them alot. I don't play my own music, but maybe I should because it does matter and is usually a motivator for me. I usually just do the workout, but may not return to it regularly because of the music. Maybe if I played my own I would do them more often.
I'm in for the Caroline Girvan Full Body. A little nervous about the intensity...haha...I can always modify if necessary.

Since I did upper body mostly on the floor yesterday using body weight only, I decided to do Ice Chiseled Upper Body Standing Premix today. Plus I added on Icy Core #1. It's rare that I lift heavier than Cathe even for intermediate weight work, but for this one I can. I really like how you can get a great burn just by increasing your weights. I then added on Trampit #12. Free YouTube video. It was just over 20 minutes. It's recorded during a live class. Sooo much fun!!! I didn't know any of the music (I think she's from Denmark) but it was perfect for this workout. She bounces to the beat. Loved it! She had some crazy arm movements that I couldn't always follow but I was able to pick up most. It was more an intermediate rebounding workout with a little more intensity for a few songs. No voiceover so music only. Lucky the foot work is more simple. I will definitely return to this one. No stretch at the end but I used my Cathe stretch from Ice.

Hope everyone has a great evening!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 06:17 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I'm in for the Caroline Girvan Full Body. A little nervous about the intensity...haha...I can always modify if necessary.
I agree! I might have to take breaks and go light! Yikes!

Tags
watulan check-in