Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-30-20, 07:57 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings.....
~7 km trail walk
~Essentrics TV: Rebalance & Release
~Yin & Yoga Nidra Workshop on Zoom - This was through Pat58’s local studio in Connecticut. It was so cool to see and chat with Pat briefly before the workshop started. It was lovely, relaxing, & rejuvenating....fuel for the soul! I’ve only done yoga Nidra a couple of times, & this session was amazing!

I agree, Beth’s YouTube practices are lovely! I haven’t done the meditation but it’s on my to do list.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 11:19 AM  
DCW

My last summer gasp:

This morning I grilled chicken and salmon on our Weber charcoal grill. It helps me to plan meals for a few days. I also plan to sit outside and watch the sunset this evening. A farewell toast to summer finally giving way to the fall.

Since I won't be able to walk after work, I figure I might as well start raking leaves in the backyard. As it gets darker I will also start doing more of Essentrics beach episodes in the evening.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Saturday!!!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 12:22 PM  
BunnyHop

The last few days I've been busy with yard cleanup from Zeta. Several hours a day, at my own pace.

Got a tree service to haul off the two largest pieces, thank goodness. The rest was/is small enough that I can handle it myself.
Old 10-31-20, 02:40 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Pat - LOL on the Eight Limbs.

Hsim - I wear yoga pants almost everywhere. I'm a senior, nobody looks at me anyway.

Hi Hattie!

Friday, I did about a half hour of assorted stretches.

Happy Halloween everyone!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 03:27 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Today I did the workout I do every year around Hallowe'en - Jenny Ford's Zombie Step. The choreography is a little bit basic for my tastes, but so fun seeing the "zombies" in the background (I think they are her sons?). Because it is a shorter workout, I tacked on the Cathe Live Hallowe'en edition from last week. I don't know how they managed to do the whole workout in those costumes. I was so glad to see them wearing masks the whole time.

Later today, I will be doing a virtual Thriller dance class at my studio. I am looking forward to it.

Abbe, I have tried a couple of in-person Zumba classes over the years and none of them really clicked with me. The instructors and participants were all a bit too "enthusiastic" for my taste. I like my workouts more on the subdued side. I should checkout some DVDs, though.

Garrie, thanks for letting us know about the Karen Voight zoom workouts. I would love to try one out. That also had me looking into Kari Anderson's virtual membership and am considering joining.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 10:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Today’s offerings.....
~7 km trail walk
~Essentrics TV: Rebalance & Release
~Yin & Yoga Nidra Workshop on Zoom - This was through Pat58’s local studio in Connecticut. It was so cool to see and chat with Pat briefly before the workshop started. It was lovely, relaxing, & rejuvenating....fuel for the soul! I’ve only done yoga Nidra a couple of times, & this session was amazing!
It was wonderful to share space with Pam. A VF get together for the new millennium.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 02:31 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Saturday, I dusted off Margaret Richard's Forty & Fabulous I think I had it confused with another of her workouts I wanted to do. I had to add some back work.

It's my birthday. Not one of my best due to the state of the world...

I read and interesting essay about the whole pandemic thing and how different folks react to the situation:

ESSAY: Contemplating death in a year when it feels closer By CARRIE ANTLFINGER

https://apnews.com/article/us-news-v...81a5479cf124ab

Somehow we have to help each other through this.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 06:32 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! It's great to see everyone is staying active.

Yesterday, I did Rodney Yee's AM Yoga (my go-to DVD to destress), and Kathy Smith's Ultimate Stomach and Thighs (the first sections of each). It's an oldie, but one of my all-time favorites. I love floorwork. I have found that her abs workouts are simple, but super-effective.

Alta, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I need to try Pyramid Pump (and several other Cathe workouts I have not yet tried). I agree that her old Pyramid workouts are good; I especially like her Upper Body Pyramid. I read the article you linked. I think the author was right, that we expect modern medicine to be able to handle the pandemic, and everyone is thrown off by the relatively sudden and major changes to normal living. It's very hard to stay optimistic, but I think that it helps to take life one day at a time.

Hi Bea! I remember you! Congrats on the new puppy! It's good that she is picking up your spirits. I am sorry to hear about your other dog. It sounds like you have done a number of the Perfect 30 workouts. It's too bad the Mobility workout wasn't to your liking. I haven't tried that one yet. Water exercise classes are fantastic! I used to do them when I would go to Florida in the winter and loved them.

Pat, I haven't tried Beth's channel, but will check it out!

Yogapam, how cool that you and Pat got to chat online! There used to be a VF chatroom, years ago. It didn't last long, but it was fun to chat with people on the forum. I am not a fan of Zoom, partly because I don't like seeing myself.

I always wear workout clothes when I'm home (even before the pandemic). I discovered Karen Scott clothes at Macy's, and I wear them all the time--they are so comfortable (the tops and pants), and really cheap on sale! I try to buy all cotton tops, and they are pretty good quality.

Paula, I like that you have a Halloween workout! I haven't heard of Zombie Step, but it sounds fun.

Anna, sorry to hear that you are dealing with the aftermath of Zeta.

Hi DCW! Your farewell to summer sounds very nice.

Annette, Michelle Dozois was always one of my favorite instructors. I took some live classes with her at various fitness conventions. Thanks for reminding me of her!

One of the great things about check-ins, is hearing about the different types of activities and workouts that everyone does. I like discovering new instructors and types of exercise.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 08:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

FitBoop said you all were talking about me so I couldn't resist ducking in.

Thank you Pat for the plug and Alta and Pam for the kind words!!!

Should I introduce myself? I think I am now one of the "senior" (both in length of time and age, haha) VF members, although I think there are still a number of people around who outrank me. VF has been a wonderful home over the years, leading me to try yoga in 2001 and eventually drawing me to become a yoga teacher in 2015.

My full time job is as a psychologist in a college counseling center, one of the state university of New York schools. I'm originally from southern New Jersey. I could go on but it's probably old news to most of you.

I think this checkin is a great idea - VF is a great place for support, both fitness-wise and otherwise!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 09:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

We’ve had nice weather so DH and I have been doing some lovely hikes & walks, either in the forest, by the ocean, or a combo of both. Getting outside really helps keep my spirits up. Today we met my sister & BIL for a hike through the forest that ended up by at the harbour front. We sat on the patio for lunch and enjoyed the view.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check in, check-in, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, new check-in, pandemic, social fitnessing