Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-20, 02:55 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Finally did a strength workout yesterday - a Cathe Live lower body workout. Still debating whether to renew my annual subscription. I just adore Cathe, but I've been doing so many YT and Zoom classes lately, I'm not using it all that much.

Ever have those days where a hundred tiny little things go wrong? All very minor, nothing significant enough to even mention, but they just sort of pile up? That has been my week so far. It does not help that my area is headed for a full lockdown for the next month. Doesn't really affect my day-to-day activities as I have not been going but it is shaping up to be a very long winter. And then I keep hearing about this mutation spreading from the UK.....

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 02:08 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I am happy to see that this check-in is still going strong!

I have been keeping up with exercising, although still not as consistently as I would like to be. The main culprit has been lack of sleep, but I have been sleeping better the past couple of weeks, and exercising more. My workouts have consisted mostly of 3 miles on the treadmill, Cathe's Upper Body Pyramid Up premix, stretching, and abs. I usually exercise in my basement, where my machines are, but I've had plumbers working in there, and won't go in there for a couple of weeks, because of covid. They're coming back tomorrow, so it will be a while before I can get back to the machines.

I posted the thread for our annual VF New Year's 24 Hours of Fitness Marathon. I hope you all will participate!

I will be back to read this whole thread!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 02:19 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hi Abbe, good to see you!

I had a early Christmas gift! I was able to postpone jury duty again! I was supposed to go in last May and I postponed it until December 28th. The numbers are worse and worse here. I read that seniors 65+ in our county could postpone, so I put it off until May 2021.

I was really stressing out about it! Now I can relax a bit this Christmas.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-20, 08:44 AM  
DCW

Lazy exercise day which means no exercise. I broke and didn't exercise yesterday either.

Bought some gifts and swung by a friend's home for a holiday drop off.

I have a few things to cook today. Self care today is picking up and reading a library book. I have really fallen off this habit of reading for pleasure this year. Time to jump start it before the year ends.

Wishing folks a Merry Christmas and safe holidays!!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-20, 09:05 AM  
Hsim

Hi Everyone and Happy Holiday!

Yesterday I did my Friday 2 mile run while the weather was still nice. I have not decided if I will indulge my lazy side today or not. Sometimes on a Holiday I need to relax. I definitely have plans to do some reading and some knitting or needlepoint.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 12:32 PM  
DCW

I did a nice walk yesterday. Family came by for a quick drop off of holiday treats.

Monday morning I will be back to Essentrics and my regular routine.

New Year's resolution may be reading two books a month. Ambitious??? Well, Charlie Brown and Calvin and Hobbes books count too.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 10:23 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

My workouts have been sporadic the last few weeks; pretty much hit and miss so I feel like I'm always in start over mode. I did do Cathe's P30 lower body the other day and even though I used way lighter weights than she did I'm comfortably sore.

The weather here in OH has been so gloomy and rainy I haven't been walking either.

DCW - I like your reading goal. That's what I've mostly been doing lately. One of our dogs is really old and not doing well so we cuddle on the sofa and I read. I logged my reading for 2020 and ended up reading 43 books. The year before was 30 so since retiring I've definitely been spending more time with books.

Hsim - I crochet but would like to learn to knit. Sometimes though lately it just seems like too much of an effort to take on something new. My husband got me a Roomba and I haven't even taken it out of the box because I'll have to figure it out. How lazy is that!?
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 10:44 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Who here is on Goodreads? Last year, I decided to more specifically keep track of my books (I'd done it sporadically in the past). I also joined the reading challenge and set my goal at 50; I read 55. I'm going to set my goal at 55 this year. And rereads, childrens books, etc. definitely count!

Here's the link to this year's challenge:
https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/11650

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 01:19 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Beth - I don't do much reading anymore. None of my glasses work! I've been due for cataract surgery for a year, but it looks like we'll have to put it off - yet again!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 02:52 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Aww, Alta, that's too bad! I know that some of my readers are better than others. I had to give up on contacts for several reasons, including having trouble seeing close (ie, reading).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check in, check-in, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, new check-in, pandemic, social fitnessing