Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-17-21, 09:37 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - You are never too old to set goals or dream new dreams. 1/17

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 09:40 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. I had a hard time getting moving this morning.

The sun is out, which is nice. I haven't been out of the house since returning from the hospital. Today, I want to walk down to the corner and I'll take some notes out to the mailbox. I also need to pick up a prescription. So, not much is going on, which is fine.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 09:49 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks, Laura, for another title I could use without hunting too much! Seems appropriate as I'm looking ahead and hoping for new adventures in 2021. I'm wondering what to do for my birthday in September as far as a party - I'm hoping the Covid will be gone by then, but unsure if that will happen... Same with trips for fun - thus the title of this week's thread is so good.

Yes, yesterday was an icy walk - I'm glad Gus figures that out pretty quickly and walks slowly with me on the ice. I'll have to figure out a different path that's more compacted snow than plowed ice for today. I need to make a grocery run also today.

Paula, how was your sourdough loaf? So far I'm not hearing on any vaccinations for myself - I don't make the 65+ line or any profession needing it, so I'm in that general population mass that's not getting any dates so far. I didn't have driving problems as lots got salted out there, but the side streets would be the ice nightmares.

Laura, what a sneak! I checked to see if you were on the forums, but no green light by your name, then pop! here you are!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
Old 01-18-21, 12:00 AM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 6 followed by some Yoga with Adriene and a walk with DH.

Grocery day today, so not much to talk about there.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. I baked the sourdough loaf today. It didn't mound, sort of a flat top loaf but the scent and the flavor is good. I think the dough was a little too wet. I'm going to have to figure out whether that was the problem or not. But for now, the bread is certainly ediable as DH and I both taste tested it. Keep safe on those icy trails - glad Gus isn't a puller or you both might go down.

Laura, glad you're able to get out a about a little. Rest is the best healer. Be well.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 08:57 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today felt good because it feels more normal. I set an alarm and woke up rested. I do have one project to do today, which I can do sitting in my chair. DH has a cousin who lives in the Charlotte area. We haven't seen her since moving here, but he has had contact with her over the months. They have gone through some really hard times recently. Their apartment has mold issues and she and the grown son who lives with her both have breathing issues. It has been really discouraging because it's the second apartment in a row with mold issues. On top of all of that, the son came down with COVID and was in the hospital and the cousin then came down with it. They both seem to be recovering, but they are stuck in an apartment with mold, so they have a hard time bouncing back. DH started out being a sounding board and somehow the ended up feeling like he needed to help her find a place. That's really stressful for him, but researching on the Internet and making phone calls is pretty easy for me, so I'll be seeing what I can find today.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-18-21, 09:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I really NEED to go grocery shopping as I'm down to just about nothing beyond lunch today. I was hoping for a quiet day there, but with the MLK holiday it may still be busy . I'll be taking Gus for his walk also - he's very good with me on ice - I kind of wonder if he learned that from his previous owner because that's why he was surrendered before for pulling on ice. He did fine on the compacted snow - as did I.

Paula, glad your sourdough bread is good! I haven't made bread from scratch here in over a decade....

Laura, glad you're recovering well, but please don't help a person move their stuff! That apartment the cousins are in sounds like a nightmare - is it bad plumbing in there causing the mold? You're a good person helping them to find a different apartment.

Anita
Old 01-18-21, 06:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I don't know what caused the mold. I heard something about a bad window, so maybe that's where it started. We're in Raleigh and they are three hours away in the Charlotte area. If we helped them move, we'd send them money to pay someone to help them move. It looks like she may have found a place. Yay. And I found a couple of houses for rent that could work. Hopefully, we'll hear tomorrow that a choice has been made and finalized.

Anita - It's good that Gus is good on the packed snow. Hopefully, you will/did get some food.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-18-21, 09:01 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B, Body Shaping Day 8 followed by Yoga with Kassandra Yoga for Cool Down and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Just putzed around the house today, not much to share.

Laura, so glad you are recovering quickly and today feels more normal. Sorry to hear about your relatives dilema - what a nightmare. One of the advantages of living in a rental is it is easier to move when you want to get out. I hope the new place will work for them. I hope they are both recovered enough to make the move. Moving is always a lot of work and stress. I wonder if the mold is due to the humidity in Charlotte?

Anita, I know what you're saying about "gotta go" shopping, when we went for groceries yesterday we were totally out of anything fresh. I guess we could have lived on packaged food but we prefer fresh fruits and vegetables. I couldn't believe we didn't have one apple or even a grape left. Yeah we both had some sourdough with our dinner tonight and it really did come out good. Since March when we first went into quarentine I wanted to try yeast bread, couldn't find any yeast in any of the stores we frequent until recently. I realize now I could have followed the YouTube channels on sourdough and made stater even back then. I do think it was best to start with yeast bread before trying sourdough though. Anyway, I still think sourdough is a learning experience and practice makes perfect. Keeping me learning, which is good.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 08:22 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm not sure what I'll get into today. We have nothing on the calendar. (Yay.) DH is tired from picking up so much of the slack around here, so I may try to get him to watch TV with me some. Tomorrow is my check in with the surgeon, so I need to come up with a list of questions for that. Yesterday, we went for a short walk and I may try that again today. It felt good to get outside.

Paula - Yeah, it has been interesting what people have learned during this time. A lot of people have learned more about cooking and crafts and other things you can do at home.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-19-21, 09:09 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus today - nothing else scheduled, so lots of putzing. I did finally get groceries yesterday.

Laura, I'm starting to look at possible rental/condo places I could move to in about 5-6 years. I see floor plans, features, etc. but nothing on environmental issues like mold! Hopefully its a rare thing among rentals - hope your relatives can get out of that place soon! I've got that blank calendar page also! You are doing so well after your surgery!

Paula, so do you use YouTube channels to learn things now? I do too - not many reference books or skilled friends that are around within a phone call nowadays. So are you keeping a pet culture to continue your sourdough experiments?

Anita