Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-20, 12:34 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
And look at that little tortoiseshell. You ladies have the cutest cats.
Thanks! We have three, but Delilah is the best poser, lol.
Old 07-20-20, 12:40 PM  
Carol K

We have a dilute calico who is the most beautiful cat I've ever seen, but she's not a good poser. Our other cat (white with black on her head and tail) does the best pictures.
Old 07-20-20, 03:12 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
We have a dilute calico who is the most beautiful cat I've ever seen, but she's not a good poser. Our other cat (white with black on her head and tail) does the best pictures.
I love white and black cats, they have such interesting markings. Our other two are tabby males, a silver gray and a ginger. The ginger is our Garfield, lol.

I googled dilute calico, I hadn't heard of it before. Beautiful cats!
Old 07-20-20, 03:29 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm thinking of trying curbside pickup for some things, not so much bc of covid but bc we hate shopping. Are you supposed to tip for that? Thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-20-20, 03:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I'm thinking of trying curbside pickup for some things, not so much bc of covid but bc we hate shopping. Are you supposed to tip for that? Thanks!
I started ordering most of my groceries online through an app long before Covid. I don’t like grocery shopping, been doing it for 40+ years and I’m done, lol. I pull up to one of the designated parking spots at the store, call them, & they bring it all out to my car. I still buy fresh stuff from my local farmers. My husband does the occasional trip to Costco too.

ETA I don’t tip for this, never occurred to me. Delivery I can’t say as I’ve never done it.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
Old 07-20-20, 03:56 PM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Here is the thread I started on March 8th:

It does seem to be a different ball game now. I am still freaked out and worried. I hoped the virus would abate with the summer heat. Not happening so far.

Now, I have the additional weight of disappointment. I'm incredibly frustrated with and disappointed in "my fellow Americans" who think the virus is a scam. A bunch of whining, selfish babies who don't want to wear masks or social distance.

Sacrificing for the greater good no longer has meaning in this country.

Totally agree!
Old 07-20-20, 04:07 PM  
TriciaR
VF Supporter

There is no tipping at most curbside pickup places we tried. You can check when you order and see if it is mentioned. Delivery has tipping.
We do not go into stores because of our age and the area we live in right now. I am sad we cannot get delivery or pick-up from Trader Joe's. Other stores have been great and we augment with Amazon and Penzey's.
We have been using grocery pick-up from Fred Meyer's for years before covid.
Also from a New Season natural store (in the Northwest).
We pay extra for 2 hour delivery from Costco too, everything is fresh. It is worth the extra tip.
We are vegan and trying to get some specialty items has been difficult. One store told us these items are more popular now. I might try an order directly from Miyoko for veg cheeses. They are delicious.
Tricia
Old 07-20-20, 04:30 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaR View Post
There is no tipping at most curbside pickup places we tried. You can check when you order and see if it is mentioned. Delivery has tipping.
We do not go into stores because of our age and the area we live in right now. I am sad we cannot get delivery or pick-up from Trader Joe's. Other stores have been great and we augment with Amazon and Penzey's.
We have been using grocery pick-up from Fred Meyer's for years before covid.
Also from a New Season natural store (in the Northwest).
We pay extra for 2 hour delivery from Costco too, everything is fresh. It is worth the extra tip.
We are vegan and trying to get some specialty items has been difficult. One store told us these items are more popular now. I might try an order directly from Miyoko for veg cheeses. They are delicious.
Tricia
There is an app called dumpling where you can find people willing to shop at certain stores, including Trader Joe's . I read about it on a Trader Joe's Facebook group. I have not used it. You can search for shoppers by zip code here.

https://shop.dumpling.us

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 07-20-20, 05:08 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Pam and Tricia! My brother said he's never tipped for curbside pickup either. I just hate going to the store anymore and will probably try Walmart pickup too. Since I don't spend for fun anymore there's even less enticement to go into a store!

My brother did mention the inconvenience if the store is out of smthg on your list.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-20-20, 05:28 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
My brother did mention the inconvenience if the store is out of smthg on your list.
My store asks if you will or won’t accept substitutions. I always do and usually it’s to my advantage. There were a few items I couldn’t get for a while early on, including toilet paper, flour, & yeast, but they are rarely out of stock on anything lately.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, masks, pandemic, what a drag it is