Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-20, 10:05 PM  
Carol K

I have three washable masks and I do wash them. At work, I have to wear a disposable mask that I throw away when I get home. And that is a very sweet-faced cat that you have, adawn.
Old 07-19-20, 10:12 PM  
laurawd

I am in Thailand. We have been wearing masks since February. Well - the Thai population (I am not Thai) has been wearing masks since February. My husband and I were initially anti-mask, but we quickly changed our tune when they became compulsory EVERYWHERE and it became clear that they help. It is considered extremely rude not to wear one even outside (and you can't get into any venue without one and without signing in with your name and phone number).

It is truly a nuisance, but I am so thankful that in Thailand, wearing a mask doesn't have any political stigma attached. It is just common sense (and also a law ). ... FWIW, I now have about 10-12 masks that I cycle through. I find the P95 cottons to be the most comfortable.
Old 07-20-20, 06:49 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Do you really think that people are really cleaning their masks...I work in a dental office and I have seen some of the masks that people are wearing cloth or disposable they are filthy...
Ewww....well, you come into contact with more people's mouths in your profession than I would in mine so you can only go by your experience. I know that in my house, we wash our masks after every use. Big Bubble and I telework, and Tiny Bubble only leaves the house when we go walking. I rarely even take him grocery shopping with me anymore. We got about 36 masks though, so it's easy for us to rotate. Most people I know also say they wash their masks. So if the woman got legionnaires disease from not washing (or improperly washing) her mask or washing it infected water, that can be do it.

I'm still not taking my chances. I'll continue wearing a mask until all this blows over.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 07-20-20, 08:47 AM  
laurajhawk

I throw my masks in the washer with my workout clothes, and hang them to dry. I only have three (and two more coming), but I work from home, walk in a low-density area, and only wear masks for grocery shopping and occasional errands. I put a mask in the laundry after I've worn it to the grocery store, or for a few other errands.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
Old 07-20-20, 09:02 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Ewww....well, you come into contact with more people's mouths in your profession than I would in mine so you can only go by your experience. I know that in my house, we wash our masks after every use. Big Bubble and I telework, and Tiny Bubble only leaves the house when we go walking. I rarely even take him grocery shopping with me anymore. We got about 36 masks though, so it's easy for us to rotate. Most people I know also say they wash their masks. So if the woman got legionnaires disease from not washing (or improperly washing) her mask or washing it infected water, that can be do it.

I'm still not taking my chances. I'll continue wearing a mask until all this blows over.
I wash my cloth masks by hand in Woolite mostly after every use. Although if I just run into the Post Office or pick up a take out and come right home I may use it one more time before washing it.

My aunts live in elderly housing and there is an old man there that I see walking his dog and his mask is absolutely disgusting. It was white but now it’s brown. My husband offered him a clean disposable mask one day and he refused.

My elderly aunts (one has dementia now) wear masks but I notice they are constantly fiddling with them. The one with dementia takes hers on and off constantly. Sometimes I wonder if they are doing more harm than good.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
Old 07-20-20, 09:57 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
In general, I can't even imagine the experience of living in an area where folks give a damn about each other. OMG, what is that like???
Move to Japan? I've been watching the ongoing sumo tournament where spectators are required to mask, physical distance and refrain from shouting or cheering. Only clapping is allowed. So far I haven't heard a peep from the audience. I lived there for a year and they are so good at working together and following the rules for the common good.

BTW a freshly-washed, damp mask feels so good when it's over 90 out!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 07-20-20, 11:31 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Move to Japan? ...
It's funny you should say that. I've been self-studying the Japanese language for about ten years.

私は少し日本語が話せます。

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 07-20-20, 12:06 PM  
Leonana

Canada sounds good to me. Or New Zealand. Although no country will let us in, I would guess.
Old 07-20-20, 12:07 PM  
kat999

I have about eight masks, and once I've worn one out in the world, it goes straight into the hamper and gets washed with my next load of laundry. I'm fortunate that I'm freelancing from home this summer and barely go out, though. I use the neck gaiter style for going jogging (more breathable) and cotton face masks for going into stores and going to appointments. I don't always use anything when I go jogging, though. It depends where I'm going, how hot it is, and how likely I think I am to cross paths with someone else. If I don't use a mask on a jog, I make sure to get off the trail/path/sidewalk, cross the street, and/or turn my head away from the person passing me, all of which is usually only a few seconds.
Old 07-20-20, 12:31 PM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Canada sounds good to me. Or New Zealand. Although no country will let us in, I would guess.
And look at that little tortoiseshell. You ladies have the cutest cats.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, masks, pandemic, what a drag it is