Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-21, 04:37 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Sorry Beth and everyone about being so negative! Sometimes I annoy even myself. This is why I don't do well in check-ins...

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 04:55 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Sorry Beth and everyone about being so negative! Sometimes I annoy even myself. This is why I don't do well in check-ins...
You didn't annoy me! I think this is a place for us to get support from each other. Also, I got my threads all mixed up, because I meant to post that on the reading thread!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 05:09 PM  
DCW

Our library is closed for the holidays but I can reserve books which is great. I love children's books. Some of the artwork and drawings are absolutely wonderful.

I have been decluttering aka throwing out junk. I have more to tackle this year. But I am tackling it one drawer or one spot at at time.

I fell off with my Essentrics but I did get in a nice walk today.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 05:38 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Don't be sorry! It happens to all of us. My husband has said I wake up in a bad mood.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 01:02 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
You didn't annoy me! I think this is a place for us to get support from each other. Also, I got my threads all mixed up, because I meant to post that on the reading thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
Don't be sorry! It happens to all of us. My husband has said I wake up in a bad mood.
Thanks, Annette!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 09:46 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Who here is on Goodreads? Last year, I decided to more specifically keep track of my books (I'd done it sporadically in the past). I also joined the reading challenge and set my goal at 50; I read 55. I'm going to set my goal at 55 this year. And rereads, childrens books, etc. definitely count!

Here's the link to this year's challenge:
https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/11650
I am not, but it sounds like a good idea. I read somewhere about a challenge to read books by 26 new authors, one for each letter of the alphabet (in addition to other books) and I am thinking of giving that a try in order to expand my reading horizons. I tend to stick to a handful of favourites.

Today I did Kat Gates' latest YT step workout. So far I have managed to workout everyday this year (I know, I know, we are only 6 days in). I have been taking so many virtual dance classes lately that I have been neglecting "real" workouts (the dance classes are more about learning a small piece of choreography so I don't really get my heart rate up). Still doing lots of dancing though. Today was a Bollywood class.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 09:22 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

My "official" workouts have been few (only 4 this month) but I'm in de-clutter mode so have been cleaning out closets, putting Christmas stuff away, taking boxes to the Salvation Army.

The workouts I've done are Cathe's P30 alternating the upper and lower body Pump with the core bonus and stretch. These are perfect for me right now. 45 minutes max.

The sun hasn't been seen in over a week here. It's getting depressing..
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 10:36 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Annette, same here with the sun. I am not crazy about winter as it is and the no sun makes it worse! I remember about 3 years ago we had a VERY cold January, but it was sunny a lot, which was a definite saving grace.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 11:58 AM  
DCW

This week I was pretty good. Confession time, there were days I dreaded getting out of the bed due to the news. But I got up turned on Miranda and worked out. Definitely what I needed for an attitude adjustment. Some may not like Miranda's chattiness but she is what I need in the early morning hours.

Walking in the cold helps me to refocus too so no matter the cold I walk. As long as it isn't raining I am willing. I am keeping a lookout for the eagles but no luck. I guess they will return when it's nesting season. The nest is nearby somewhere. The red-tail hawk I see it about every 2 weeks. Of course the deer are every place you look.

The decluttering find of Bath and Bodyworks lotions are now being used or gifted. I think that is all of it in my closets.

Weekends are for walking and it's sunny today!

Everyone have a safe and fun weekend.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 05:54 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I have been working out regularly, just forgetting to check-in. Today was the latest at Kat Gates step workout on YouTube and a virtual dance class. Yesterday was a Charlene Prickett step workout on VHS, and a mobility workout from Human 2.0 on YouTube. Friday was a foam roller workout with CDorner Fitness on Youtube.

January is turning out to be a really struggle for me. It is never a great month to begin with due to the holidays being over, and nothing but long, dark, cold days, but I am having a much worse time than usual. We are back under lockdown, and so I pretty much leave the house only for a weekly online grocery pickup and curbside pickup at the library. It is bitterly cold here now (think frostbite warnings) so I really can't bear to walk outside for more than 20 minutes. I am lucky enough to be working from home, but the flip side is that I have almost no meaningful social interaction (I live alone). I know this is just temporary until the vaccine is widely distributed, but it has been 10 months now, and this is really started to wear on me.

On the bright side my name is now registered on the vaccine "list" so I just have to wait to be contacted. I am near the bottom based on age / occupation / health status so I am thinking maybe sometime this summer.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check in, check-in, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, new check-in, pandemic, social fitnessing