Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-14, 10:20 PM  
holliholli915

TA Mat versus TA Post Pregnancy I

I started TA Mat almost one month ago and I have been VERY impressed with my results. My arms are leaner, hips are going down, waist is slimmer and the shock of all shockers -- my thighs have definition! That is very difficult for me to attain. So, I can't believe my eyes.

My challenge is that I'll be moving on from Mat after next week. I'm planning to do Post Pregnancy I since I heard that's a good one to go to after Mat. However, I previewed it and it's predominantly abs. I did notice that it looks like she's also working legs at the same time. But, it appears to be abs for the most part. So, I'm worried I'll lose the progress I've made with Mat.

For those who've done both DVDs, did you find that you still achieved overall results with PP1 or did you see the most changes in your middle? TA often says that her moves can be deceiving and that we're likely working multiple body parts even when the emphasis "appears" to be on a single body part. But, I'm curious to know what you all have to say about your PP1 results.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 08:19 AM  
raeven

I never did either exclusively...but If you are getting good results and are happy with mat, why not maybe just alternate the two, and get the benefits of both!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 08:52 AM  
momofcha

I recently just did PP1 for the first time in a long time. In my opinion, the all fours work from meta, continuity, precision toning and the newer PP2 are better and more effective. I just got PP2 and have done it twice and it gave me such serious DOMs in my backside I am convinced at adding it in twice/week. The inner thigh work is fantastic as well. My personal thoughts is to alternate mat and PP2. PP1 is ok, but I prefer the others.
Just my $.02

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 08:41 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeven View Post
I never did either exclusively...but If you are getting good results and are happy with mat, why not maybe just alternate the two, and get the benefits of both!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
In my opinion, the all fours work from meta, continuity, precision toning and the newer PP2 are better and more effective. I just got PP2 and have done it twice and it gave me such serious DOMs in my backside I am convinced at adding it in twice/week. My personal thoughts is to alternate mat and PP2.
Hmmm, I like the idea of rotating with Mat. I'm trying to stick to her recommendation not to do any specific workout more than 10 times. But, I may just deviate from that thinking next month. Will also be looking at PP2. Sounds like that's a goodie for sure! Just wish it wasn't $30!
Old 08-25-14, 07:27 AM  
desie

I like the Mat workout and tend to use it as my easy day workout. I tried going up to 3 lbs dumbbells (instead of 2 lbs) and my shoulders did not like that. But I found I could add ankle weights to make it more challenging.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 11:25 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
I started TA Mat almost one month ago and I have been VERY impressed with my results. My arms are leaner, hips are going down, waist is slimmer and the shock of all shockers -- my thighs have definition! That is very difficult for me to attain. So, I can't believe my eyes.
That is awesome, Holliholli! Can I ask how many days a week you've been doing Mat? Are you adding in any cardio? Thanks!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-14, 06:39 AM  
Suzan66

Don't forget her webisodes on You Tube. They are great add-ons.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-14, 11:09 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
That is awesome, Holliholli! Can I ask how many days a week you've been doing Mat? Are you adding in any cardio? Thanks!
I only do Mat three times a week and do barre twice a week. However, I think that next week I'm going to start doing Mat four times per week and cardio or barre once or twice per week. I'm finding that exercising intensely six days a week is just overkill for me. My body is responding more to five days per week. But, I do think including TA at least four days is a good move for me.
Old 08-28-14, 04:52 AM  
violetblonde

I'm taking a TA interlude at the moment, but in the spring I did a couple weeks of rotating PP1 with PDS I/II with great results (basically, the same lean, toned results I have always gotten with TA). The PDS series is mostly legs and PP1 is mostly abs so it's a good combo.

I think a couple of the PDS workouts are on Youtube if you want to give them a whirl.
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 08:39 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliholli915 View Post
I only do Mat three times a week and do barre twice a week. However, I think that next week I'm going to start doing Mat four times per week and cardio or barre once or twice per week. I'm finding that exercising intensely six days a week is just overkill for me. My body is responding more to five days per week. But, I do think including TA at least four days is a good move for me.
Thanks, Holliholli915! I may give that a try soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetblonde View Post
I'm taking a TA interlude at the moment, but in the spring I did a couple weeks of rotating PP1 with PDS I/II with great results (basically, the same lean, toned results I have always gotten with TA). The PDS series is mostly legs and PP1 is mostly abs so it's a good combo.
That sounds like a great rotation! Thanks for sharing it!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracy anderson, tracy anderson mat, tracy anderson method