Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-14, 01:47 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I also have Be Moved Bollywood that has yet to be done, did she ever make anymore?
Nope no more BeMoves as far as I know
I don't think they sold well.

Kukuwa's 2 new dvds are already quite old LOL
She mostly focuses on classes.
I tried to set her up with Mary but Kukuwa would be operating at a loss.

Seriously, try some of jessicasmith tv fusion routines.
Also love her newer DVDs. Heck I did nothing but Jessica Smith for several months. But then again mostly after changing the audio files.

I hardly buy dvds anymore unless something sounds unique.
Sue Grant was a pleasant surprise for me.
There was also a dvd titled Bollyfit that held my attention for a day or two.

On my DailyMotion and WellVideo.ru channels (user POMBarb), I shared the Barefoot Dancer episodes I had that may interest you.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 07:47 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post
Oh my gosh. That looks like so much fun. Is there any jumping involved in these or are they pretty low key?
It's mainly low impact, with an occasional hop or jump. I would say it is intermediate level if you like to shake lots of booty

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 10:36 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 01:34 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I also have a vhs set of JB Berns isometric total body workouts and have never seen anything else like it.
actually it was repackaged and released on several separate dvds before getting released yet again on a single dvd (or two?)
I gave it away BUT did keep the rehab set which I preferred
(have a low tolerance for JB LOL)

Barb
Old 08-21-14, 10:44 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I like the Barefoot Dancer's Yoga Dance DVDs, bought from Amazon at Barb's recommendation - Fire, Earth and Water. There always seems to be one out of stock but so far they do show back up, though they're now more expensive than I paid. She is not even vaguely yoga but is just fun and so enjoys what she is doing. At the Big ROM and no impact non-intimidating end of cardio. I had downloaded some other episodes from Barb that I lost in a computer fatality so I'm glad to hear she found somewhere to post them.

Carol Argo's Anti-Aging Workout is one of my staples when I don't want to do anything. 25 minutes NIA cardio, a couple of "yoga" stretch sections and a.Pilates-ish section. The whole thing is more than an hour but I never do all of it.

My favorite NIA is Unplugged but I wish they had put the Original Workout on DVD. I like Soul Sweat, too. But though I own pretty much everything by Misty Tripoli I never do them.

I have some favorites that seem mainstream but don't get a lot of mentions. My favorite walking workouts are the four from Stott. The Secret to Weight Loss Vol. 1 is really basic and was the only one that ended up in stores so they got a bad rep. But I like them much better than anyone else's. I save STWL1 for days I need really easy or as a warm up. It has basic Pilates mat after the walk and a 'warmup' that's really just ROM and getting in alignment. Vol. 2 is more, both in the walk and in the mat afterwards. The other two are just walking and use side squat steps to increase the HR. PJ actually leads these. On the Stott site you can see clips. There and Amazon are the only places I've found to buy them.

I also like Trudie Styler's cardio, strength and ballet barre DVDs. Mary has them really cheap in her sales now. The strength is unweighted legs and abs and very light weight arms. Two of each so 6 short sections - 10 minutes each. The cardio is flowy with warrior poses thrown in done on a patio at her Italian villa. I don't like the Pilates one and don't do yoga, but I think the two yoga ones are what people still buy and like.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 07:59 AM  
horsemom2

Another special dvd gem rarely mentioned:

Anita Barbero's Strength and Spirit
It is out of stock at Amazon but still available through the Marketplace
or from Anita's website
http://www.anitabarbero.com/

Barb S
Old 08-22-14, 08:13 AM  
horsemom2

It seems as though the Yoga Dance Water is not available while Earth and Fire still are through Amazon. I did have one episode of Water from the TV show but hadn't shared it because of the DVDs. Water was the most like Nia.

Sarina mentioned a couple of years ago that a Canadian TV channel may show her Barefoot Dancer series again but I couldn't find any information about it. She had filmed 65 episodes in 15 days! I got 22 TV episodes thanks to a generous VFer who had recorded them plus the 9 from the dvds so missed more than half of them!! Good thing I am less obsessive than I used to be or I may have traveled to Canada if the show had been broadcasted again LOL

Barb S
Old 08-22-14, 09:10 AM  
Fit Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Another special dvd gem rarely mentioned:

Anita Barbero's Strength and Spirit
It is out of stock at Amazon but still available through the Marketplace
or from Anita's website
http://www.anitabarbero.com/

Barb S
Love this one too!
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 08:23 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Quote:
It seems as though the Yoga Dance Water is not available while Earth and Fire still are through Amazon.
Barb, Water seems to go out of stock often but eventually become available. Or it did a couple of years ago when I was looking for another copy for at my mom's and then decided I'd better have a back up if stock was going to be unreliable. It can take a couple of months to show back up. I like that I can do them even when my injured knee or funky foot are bothering me.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 06:05 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
off the beaten path, rejuvenetics