Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-14, 07:48 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 07:48 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Stretch/flexibility workouts are usually my off-the-beaten path finds. I don't usually like the mass marketed stuff that is popular on VF.

I just gushed about Bob Klein's Chinese Yoga on another thread. .... Yin yoga isn't wildly popular here, but it has the most profound flexibility effects on my body (even though it feels as though I'm waiting for paint to dry while I do it, LOL) and I think Paul Grilley is a freakin' master genius .... Stacey Lei Krauss' stuff is underrated here, too..... I bought a poorly produced yoga DVD off of Amazon years ago by Norma Chirolla, an Atlanta hatha yoga teacher. She really annoyed the heck out of me at the beginning so I nearly Joni-O'd it, but I stuck with it and, by the end, thought she gave a fantastic old-school hatha yoga workout .... Fran Gern's 1998/1999 weight workout DVD is an excellent, nothing-fancy weight workout, too, if you can get past the 80's hair and old-PBS-studio production values. I only do it once every year or two because it looks so dated and sad, only to end up regretting I don't pull it out more often.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 08:05 AM  
PennyK

Old 08-20-14, 08:08 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I also really like Stacey Lei Krauss and your mentioning of Bob Klein made me think of Evamarie Pilipuf i don't have anything of hers, but want Intro to Yoga after seeing clips. I think many that i have and like would not be very likeable to some, but i often seek them out.
I never heard of Evamarie Pilipuf, Penny, but now I'll have to check her out.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 08:18 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I may be the only one doing the Disco Abs workouts (I eventually acquired the whole set, from Amazon third-party sellers) but I often do tthem, when I want a quick something fun.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 08:30 AM  
Pam

Another dance one that I love and have used a lot is African Healing Dance by Wyoma.

I am going to do Soul Sweat this morning! I remember how good it made me feel!
Old 08-20-14, 08:33 AM  
PennyK

Old 08-20-14, 08:41 AM  
PennyK

Old 08-20-14, 08:45 AM  
cherimac

I thought of two others that make me feel good.

1. Jennifer Gianni's Triple Threat Fusion Pilates

2. Kara Thomas 50 Minute Fitness Retreat
Old 08-20-14, 11:14 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Sampoorna Hatha Yoga: At Home with Yogi Hari.

I saw this mentioned in a review of a different yoga DVD on Amazon. I got curious and bought it. It's been a keeper for years.

I gave it a rave on Amazon myself--the review is under the name E.A. Moon.

I also bought two of Yogi Hari's books. I think he's great, and if I lived in Florida, I'd be attending classes and workshops at his ashram all the time.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
off the beaten path, rejuvenetics