Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-21-14, 08:53 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

10 Minute Solution Ultimate Bootcamp with Jessica Smith pack a real punch in a short time, even the abs segment is very challenging.

I also like to do an interval on my own, for exemple: 50 sec jump roping, 10 sec rest, 50 sec strenght, 10 sec rest, then jump roping and so on. For strenght I'd mostly do, weighted squat, dead lift, push ups, clean to press and abs.

I also used to like "4 mins of hell workout" on youtube, I usually have done it two or three time in a row (that'd made 8 or 12 mins long) when I was short on time.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 11:47 PM  
Scorpio6

80-85% of Muscle Mass -- 3 Exercises

In Jane Fonda's book Prime Time she says that a trainer (can't remember his name) stated that if you only do chest presses, rows, and squats, you have exercised 80-85% of your muscle mass, and that if you don't do anything else you should do those. Amnuthing else is an add-on.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 12:12 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
In Jane Fonda's book Prime Time she says that a trainer (can't remember his name) stated that if you only do chest presses, rows, and squats, you have exercised 80-85% of your muscle mass, and that if you don't do anything else you should do those. Amnuthing else is an add-on.
Thanks for sharing this, never heard of it before, but it's great to know!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 12:18 AM  
pcdoctor01

HasFit.
Like someone mentioned Zuzka earlier.
I'm sure her 10 min workouts would kill you.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 09:16 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I will do a foam roller/stretching routine. It feels good and I don't need a shower after.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 10:11 AM  
MARIKA

KB Swings too!
Old 08-22-14, 10:13 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Another kettlebell swings!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 11:35 AM  
bubbles76

Wow you all are awesome! I would not have known there were so many options out there. I'm definitely going to check these out.

Ebianco, I'm a bit scared of Zuzka . I have her Zcut Power Strength, and when she started doing pushups upside down with her legs on a chair (i'm sure there is an actual name for this, I've seen Bruce Lee do it, only he did it completely vertical) I said this chick is way out my league haha! I've been scared to preview the workouts since.

CharM, yes, I'm up at 4AM, but don't actually start working out until 4:30AM. It takes me awhile to get up. Some days though, it's just tooooo hard to get up, so maybe 2 or 3 days a month I just don't make it. Love your quick circuit!

ADoll, thanks for that 7 Minute Workout. If it's a phone app that I can get for Android that varies up the exercises, I may have to check that one out. I have a pushup app that I like very much, and it has kept me on track for increasing my pushups.

Keep the suggestions coming!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 12:17 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
Thanks for the information. This is good to know, but I'd probably add in an ab exercise of some type.

I also think that if you spent the available 10 minutes doing nothing but exercising your biceps, it would still be valuable. Every little bit helps.
Old 08-23-14, 09:16 AM  
Eibhinn

Another for kettlebell swings.

It's weird, but I have a mental block when it comes to video-based workouts that are 10 minutes long. I can't be bothered to turn the TV on for something that is only 10 minutes. 12 minutes? For some reason that's fine. But not ten. I got rid of all of my 10 Minute Solution DVDs because I just wouldn't use them. My brain doesn't recognize anything that takes 10 minutes or shorter as doing anything. Unless it's kettlebell swings, apparently.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 minute workouts, short workouts