Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-23-13, 08:18 PM  
Sara1000

Anyone using X-Train these days?

I keep forgetting I have it.

Anyone using disc 1 & 2, the strength training workouts? I really like these but I don't do them all at once, do you? I split them into 2-3 workouts depending on my time frame.

Anyone use the booklet? The 90 or 30 day plans?

What is your favorite workout from this set?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 08:21 PM  
gigi

!

My favorite workout from X-Train is Cardio Leg Blast. I use that and the weight workouts the most. I enjoy Burn Sets and the other weight workouts the most. I do use and enjoy the other workouts as well.

I usually do the weight work as designed, but that has just met my needs and my preference. As a matter of fact, XTrain Chest, Back, and Shoulders is my workout plan for tomorrow!

Edited to say that thought I used them regularly for a few months when they first came out, I've not followed an official X-Train rotation. I need variety.
Old 07-23-13, 08:33 PM  
dbclark44

I'm currently doing an STS LIS XTrain rotation so am cycling thru all of them. If I had to choose a workout I really like I'd have to go with Supercuts. That circuit type workout has everything and I really enjoy it.

The rotation has me splitting them so it's pretty much one body part a week.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 08:47 PM  
Irisg1

I've been alternating the regular XT strength workouts with Burn Sets. One week XT, followed by one week of Burn Sets. i am really enjoying them, but will be moving onto something else next week. I really haven't done many of the other workouts in the series. As a matter of fact, I've only tried the boxing one and Supercuts. I do like Supercuts, but I prefer more traditional strength workouts. I don't think I could ever follow a strictly Xtrain rotation.
Old 07-23-13, 09:06 PM  
juberann

I bought the set and will be starting a rotation with them as soon as I finish up my current one. I am very excited to get started and,from the previews I have done, really like what I see. I do plan on following one of the rotations (which I have rarely ever done until recently but these rotations look doable to me).
I had ended up buying 5 of the workouts from Mary individually and then decided to return them and just buy the entire set, made more sense to do it that way and I am happy I did.
I will probably end up doing that with her new series, as well, since I know for sure I want at least four of the new ones.
Old 07-24-13, 09:03 AM  
fschulman

Just finished week seven of the 90 day undulating rotation. I can't work out everyday so it has taken me more than two months. But the results are amazing - leaner tighter muscles. And I've never been bored. Super cuts is my favorite, but they are all great. I modify the impact, but still get great cardio.
fschulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 09:11 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I've been loving and using almost all of XTrain since it came out! I use at least one XTrain workout a week on average (if not more). I didn't do a rotation of just those workouts, but I use them a lot. I just did XTrain Legs and All Out Low Impact Hiit a few days ago, in fact. I love those two, Cardio Leg Blast, Tabatacise, Supercuts and Burn Sets the most.
Old 07-24-13, 10:31 AM  
MKEMom

I still use them quite a bit, but I'm not following a rotation. Sometimes I'll follow one week of the 60 day rotation that has cardio and one body part each day, like CTX.

My favorite workouts are Cardio Leg Blast, Tabatacise, and Burn Sets. Supercuts, Legs, and All Out have really grown on me since I got the set, too.

As far as the strength workouts you're talking about, I don't do them in their entirety most of the time. I usually do a timesaver premix instead.
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote