Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-04-22, 05:25 PM  
horusosiris

Hello to All Watulans!

I am continuing with Iron Series. Today was a glute/hamstring day. I have been doing quite a bit of walking/hiking lately and the weekly new CL.

Chel- I hope you are feeling better soon. When I sustained a foot and ankle injury I did Zena Rommett almost everyday. I still add her workouts to some of my traditional leg workouts. She has many workouts that are totally floor/lying barre. One of the things she was famous for, was training injured dancers.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 10:38 AM  
ChelePA

Thanks horusosiris.

Boss Bands Premix: floor work glutes and core. 20 minute Peloton yoga floor poses only. Foam roller: glutes and calves to finish.

Today would have been our daughter Isabella‘s 20th birthday. Our family will do 20 random acts of kindness throughout the day in her memory.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 01:09 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All.

Chele, I'm sure it's a tough day, feeling like yesterday, even twenty years later. I love your random act of kindness tradition.

Today I was meant to get up at 5 and do the next Iron workout -- the full body for this week -- but I did not sleep well last night so I reset my alarm at some point in the night. I hope to get to it after work, but..... I'm not very good at that time of day at all! It may wait until Saturday unless I miraculously wake up early tomorrow.

Next week I fly to New York to help my son get moved out of his apartment. I'm so excited to see him, but so dreading the trip. I'm going to have to leave for the airport by 3:30am. Ug!!! Help him for a few days, fly home and then back to work the next day. I have had the luxury of not having that kind of schedule in quite a long time.

Hope everyone is hanging in there this week.....
Old 05-05-22, 02:36 PM  
manleym

ChelePA I know this day never gets easier but I love how your family have turned your grief into something positive. What a beautiful way to honor Isabella. I was so sorry to read you hurt your foot and hope it's on the mend. I know it is so frustrating - you're making progress and then have a set back. You have done this before and glad you had some workouts you knew to do.

Bee hope everything goes well next week. Super early morning flights are the worst. Ugh! Hope all goes well.

Cataddict so no shout-outs from Cathe as you were doing Live with her? HA! I'm thinking of CD and how she "talks" to her Live class. But it is different since no one is with CD at all and Cathe does have her crew. And I recognized Deb and Ann right away. They remind me of each other for some reason.

Hugs and waves everyone! Hope everyone is doing well!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 02:44 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Last Week:
Tuesday: IRON Series 30 Min Complete Upper Body Workout 17 (GREAT! Hits every muscle group; subbed skull crushers & overhead tricep extensions for tricep dips; also subbed the 2 shoulder moves for chest flyers & bent over rows since I did shoulders yesterday; easy to sub moves) +KCM YT "RAW" Box & Tone (really liked; wore weighted gloves; works well as doubles)

Wednesday: IRON Series 30 Min Dumbbell Glute Workout - Supersets 18 (LOVED! Really love that Caroline uses bands in quite a few of her workouts: use with her more than Cathe) + 30 Min Legs And Glutes Workout At Home Ankle Weights Optional (LOVED! BURNER! Thought of 90’s; like her ankle weight workouts because I don't do this kind of workout often and they're different than what I normally do)

Thursday: Gin Miller Intense Moves (great! loved the different levels; used 1 riser; very doable & flexible; great cueing; scrunchy socks; herky off step-CRAZY! I did a ½ herky; left leg on step straight and bent leg in air)

Friday: IRON Series 30 Min Muscle Building Full Body Workout 19 (GREAT)+ 20 Minute Abs and Core Workout - Dumbbells + Bodyweight (good; had to support head during 1st part since so many moves had head lifted)

Saturday: CL #120 Old School Cardio Plus Kickboxing (FUN!) + ICE Rock’m Sock’m Blizzard Blast (great add-on; some similar/same moves as 120; same intensity)

This Week:
Monday: Mark Lauren YAYOG 2 Advanced - WU, TSS, CT, CD + IRON Series 30 Min Superset Arms, Abs and Core Workout 20 + IRON Series 30 Min Dumbbell Leg Day Workout - Stepups 21 (GREAT! No weights on stepups; used 5 risers - 13-13 ½”; slow, controlled moves)

Tuesday: IRON Series 30 Min Upper Body Chest and Back Workout 22 + 30 Min Constant Cardio Workout at Home - No Repeat No Jumping Low Impact (GREAT add on; BW & light weights for metabolic moves) + KV Full Body Stretch Slow Stretch (felt GREAT)

Wednesday: CL # 256 Express Plyo Legs Plus Core (great cardio doubles to LB weights) + IRON Series 30 Min Superset Glutes and Hamstrings Workout 23 (nice doing CL WU, then Caroline, then finish CL)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 07:50 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Chele - gentle hugs!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 07:58 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

bee - I can remember when flying was fun and almost glamorous. Now it is dread-inducing in SO MANY WAYS! From the drive to the luggage to the check-in to the flight itself. I hope all goes smoothly.

I slacked on Wednesday. Today, I did Margaret Richards' Sculpture: Lower Body. I didn't enjoy it. Nothing to do with Maggie, I was in a cranky mood.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 08:44 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym…The Golden State vs Memphis are the best games to watch so far for me. I’ll be surprised if the Sixers can win one game.

Bee…that’s an early start!!! My husband and daughter will be flying through the night Memorial Day weekend. Hoping he catches some sleep to drive home from the airport. It will be nice to have your other son home for the summer.

My daughter is going on her college tour today and meeting her advisor. I’m so bummed I can’t go now because of my foot.

Yesterday she hid a 20 dollar bill in a pack of baby diapers at the dollar store in memory of her sister’s 20th birthday.

Still doing only floor work routines. Today was Peloton core, barre, legs and glutes plus a yoga stretch.

Hope everyone is just busy and doing ok. I know Mickey12 is at her favorite vacation spot. TGIF!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 09:00 AM  
horusosiris

Chel- sending hugs your way. That is a wonderful tradition.

Bee - I know you will enjoy your visit with your son. Airports are one of my least favorite places.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 12:29 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

MIA again, I know. When I get the urge---rarely---to do some organizing/decluttering it's best I follow it until it stops. And it has, sort of. Along with the attic, we've collected all our old cell phones and other cords/cables/electronic accessories to either donate or recycle. It took me most of a day to match charging cords with the associated phone! Apparently Verizon takes old phones and donates them to women's shelters so they will go there. Best Buy takes cables and old electronics, so they are going next. That project is almost done, so yay!

I'm not a big NBA fan, but hockey, anyone? We watched the crazy Rangers-Pens game with the triple overtime finish. Good stuff! Won't mention last night's loss. It's a great series---very evenly matched. DH roots for the Blues so we have alternate nights of hockey, along with baseball.

Chele, sending hugs. I love your annual tradition of honoring Isabella and I'm so sorry you hurt your foot. I'm sure it must get discouraging for you. Oh, I have done the Anna workout you mentioned that is "low impact" no jumps, etc. IIRC she does the "inch worm" which is low impact but I don't feel it's something I should do so I had to do something else on the fly. I'm sure you've learned like I'm learning that no jumping doesn't mean I should do it. Other than that, I liked the workout as I like Anna.

Chele, you should be so proud of your daughter--I'm sure you are. She sounds like a genuinely kind and generous person, and that's a treasure in this world. I'm so sorry you can't make the trip to take the tour with her.

manleym, funny that you mentioned the shout out in the CL I watched live. I was thinking about CD and her constant talking to the viewers. It seems that CD's viewers can talk to her during the actual workout, though. I don't see how she could focus on the workout and answering people at the same time. I haven't done a CD workout in awhile. I have to be in the right mood to tolerate the chatter.

TweenerW, I hope you like your Hokas! DH swears by his Bondi 7. Pricey, but he wears them all the time now and notices a huge difference when he wears his other shoes. Oh, and I remember Outlander and it has been on my list to watch. And if you like sci fi type shows, have you watched Resident Alien?? It's quirky and snarky with an infusion of sarcasm, so right up my alley (and maybe yours?) It's on the Sci Fi network--the second season just wrapped up.

bee, so I did the CL you mentioned to see Cray Cray Smiling Woman and there she is. I think the man is her husband or significant other as he was with her in one of the other Lives. Since she wasn't in the front row, she definitely wasn't as noticeable with her smile as she was in the one I originally posted about. I don't really think she is Cathe's "type" for a DVD. She does have great form and clearly is in good shape.

bee, oh, and enjoy your trip! It sounds like a whirlwind but it will be good to see your son.

Kate, add me to the list of those who love that pic of you with the kids! As always, you are rocking your workouts. How is Justin doing?

FN1, sure wish you were closer, you could have a barbell from me. I have two, and honestly I don't know how barbell work will fit into my workout future. I need to go back and do some of the Cathe Lives that use the barbell and substitute dumbbells. From what you say, you get a great workout that way!

horusosiris, good to see you! Glad you are enjoying the Iron workouts with Caroline. I thought about you and your family's baseball season tickets as my niece was at the Red Sox game yesterday and Ohtani set a record! Funny she texted me a picture from Fenway and I responded with a curse since I was so envious that she was there and got to see Ohtani! She is developing a love of baseball from when my husband and I took her to a Giants game when we visited her. She really likes the relaxed atmosphere of the sport and says it's a great place to get away for awhile.

lavna, hope all is okay and you are doing well!

Kim, thinking of you and hope all is okay! If you are on a fun vacation, good for you!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in