Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-22, 12:05 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

Yesterday, I did a fun weight workout with Daniel - Resistance Fire. He sings in this one.
Those guys are so much fun!! I don't dare watch or I'll want to do their workouts too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
For you young 'uns who don't know...

The BeastMaster (1982)

I remember very well! Remember World's Greatest Athlete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post

Oh, and in my best years I wouldn't have managed to look like Caroline! She is in phenomenal shape.
I'm just happy I can keep up with her. She looks like such a tiny thing!

Happy birthday horusosiris !!! BELATED!

BTW, meant to add that my Yoga is really starting to change. No more super power practices...I'm finding my body LOVES more gentle practices with more stretch and slower pace. I love Hatha..it can get tough but it's so nice and slow. I've actually been doing this for many months. My psyche is happy too.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 07:08 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Monday and belated Rabbit Rabbit, hah!

Today was CL 015, Lean and Mean Legs, which I really enjoyed the variety here, and the yoga sequence/ending stretch were fantastic!

KateTT, I just adore that picture of you. Whose Hatha yoga are you doing these days? I'm very curious!

Oye, keeping this short...still having forum issues, greeee.....

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 12:15 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

kittybug: I love David Magone, Troy Hadeed and Cameron Gilley on Gaia. Bernie Clark too.
I also subscribe to Udaya and still love Rudy Mettia. Some of Eoin Finn's practices feel like Hatha to me too. SOOOO many! If there is a specific site, let me know and I'll send you more ideas.

More fun with CG today. Day 11 Dumbell Quads & Abs plus I added on 20 Min Total Quads Workout. YOW! I almost didn't do the extra workout but I felt so good and legs felt strong. Which was good because the 20min workout Caroline used 15kg = 33.1 lbs!! I used my 30s and after using 20s for Day 11, this was a true finisher!

HUGS to all!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 02:11 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh yes, rabbit, rabbit.... happy May Day!

Kate, I also love that picture of you! You look so happy! I have not heard of those yoga instructors you mentioned. I thought I had done plenty of Hatha but maybe not!

Today I set the alarm for 5:00 and had time to do my pt and most of Iron #18 Glutes Superset. She would do an exercise and then without any rest time do that exercise bodyweight only -- it was different from the usual Caroline, for sure. I cut it a bit short -- skipped the finisher -- because I was nervous about my timing.

I will keep it short since I'm at work about to get a lunch break (I hope!).
Old 05-03-22, 05:18 PM  
ChelePA

Hi ladies. A few people sent me a private message and I just wanted to let you know I’m here and reading but just a little down these days. Hurt my foot sometime last week. Didn’t think much of it. Just figured it was from walking on the concrete more and trying to strengthen my ankle/foot area. But going down the steps last Wednesday, I had a severe sharp pain from my pinky toe down my foot. Pain continues as well as slight swelling. Hoping it starts to feel better soon, otherwise I’ll be going for an x-ray.

After I had my own pity party, I said to myself I’ve done this before. Besides my accident, I’ve had the broken foot in the past. So I started back with routines that I knew I could do despite this recent setback. I’ve done a few Cathe upper body workouts. The PHA timesaver premixes from the Lite and Step Boss Series. Including core. Really liked the pace of these and only two rounds of each grouping was perfect. Also did To the Mat which kicks my butt every time. I’ve added on several floor yoga and core classes as well as stretching from Peloton. Fingers crossed it’s nothing serious and I can start back to my schedule soon.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 05:37 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh my gosh, Chele, I've been worried because we hadn't heard from you! I so hope it feels better soon. Is it the same foot you broke before? Big hugs to you and healing hopeful wishes that it's just scar tissue issues and nothing serious.

Bee, hope you got lunch, hah!

Kate, I too haven't heard of those teachers but will certainly check them out. Do you sub to Gaiam?

Today was CL 038, Barbell Upper Body (which I used just weights for 'cuz I don't have a barbell). I have a new name for Cathe, Wicked Witch of the Weights, because this was absolutely brutal and I couldn't even go very heavy due to reps and speed. I was shaking so badly when finished, OMG! FitnessMyStyle reviewed this one and she's dead on. Everything she said is true!

Hugs to all our Watulan friends and hope everyone is doing okay...things have been a tad quieter around here lately!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 07:45 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug. Broke my left foot during Covid. This is my right foot. Injured leg/foot from accident. Ugh!
Old 05-04-22, 10:30 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

kittybug - I don't have Starz, so I have to wait 'til the Outlander blu-rays come out. I've watched the series a few times now. I had read the first three books in the series.

Kate - I haven't seen World's Greatest Athlete. I'm looking at IMDB. Is it the one with Jan-Michael Vincent?

Chele - Big Hugs!!!! I guess you've already heard about Margaret Richards' Getting Better. It is killer floor work with no standing. I've done that one so many times. I don't have foot issues, but it works sometimes when my hip is sore.

On Monday, I did a TBP that I didn't like. That happens sometimes.

Yesterday, I went exploring again on the bike/walk paths. I walked 5.7 miles. The weather was nice and I felt peaceful. It was fun!

(I had walked to the supermarket in the morning, so I'm going to call it a 6-mile day.)

Hugs to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 01:56 PM  
ChelePA

VVfer…wow. Lots of walking and exploring. Good for you. Thanks for the recommendation.

Peloton core, barre and floor yoga. Plus Cathe’s Perfect Mobility Premix: focus on core.
Old 05-04-22, 03:13 PM  
ChelePA

I see Growing Anna has a low impact HIIT. No jumping, squats or lunges. Knee friendly. Looks like something I can try once healed. I know she uses HIIT labels for everything This might be a good one for those who want an easier day.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in